It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

worlds first true recoiless technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
check it out , ive seen this in person unbelievable,

imagine the uses it will have in the gun, tank, chopper, tools industries

www.rticl.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
A Australian company not to bad but the site does not go into detail how they reduce recoil from what i have seen i might of missed something.
But this would probably reduce the recoil of calibers 30.06 and under i cant see them reducing a. 40 or a .45 to soon.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
sorry , i simply cannot see how this can work - there are lots of recoil REDUCTION technologies .

but IMHO thier claim that it is " true recoiless " is patent absurdity

i have fired " recoless rifles " - and know how they work - i also understand the basic physics behind action and reaction

yet all i see here is some springs .

and every schematic has a single shot bolt action breech

it may work for sniper rifles - but bolt action assault riles are crap , and the notion of a bolt action light howitzer is laughable

and such statements as :

The Recoilless Technology also has the potential to reduce the mass of existing weapons and weapons systems.

are utter twaddle , weapon mass alone acts a a recoil damper

also - i would like to see an accountants view of thier financial report -

thier income was < 200k , yet they have a payroll of > 900k , other expenses are >600k and thiey are [ i assume ] paying nearly 500k in rent - thats what i read " occupancy "to mean ]

and " admin " of almost 400k ???????????????

how does it cost 400k to " administer" the spending of < 200k ?????????

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
the only way i see off reducing recoil is lowering the cal like you could shoot a 20 of your nut and wont feel #

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

yet all i see here is some springs .

and every schematic has a single shot bolt action breech

it may work for sniper rifles - but bolt action assault riles are crap , and the notion of a bolt action light howitzer is laughable

I'm not sure but it looks like to me that they are trying to use some sort of anti recoil spring / weight system to spread the recoil out over a longer period of time thus makeing it a longer smooth push rather than a fast sharp smack.

Its interesting , sort of reminds me of the Abakan recoil phase shifting system yet taken it in a different direction.

Also I dont think its only designed for bolt actions. Thats just the prototypes for proof of concept uses. They also mentioned that it could be used in many other things.

[ THE TECHNOLOGY CAN BE ADAPTED TO ALL TYPES OF SMALL ARM WEAPONS ] , industrial fastening, cargo delivery systems, space launch platforms and many others

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
more current news of rti and UAV's

www.gizmag.com...
spacewar.com

mod edit: shortened link

[edit on 25-3-2007 by sanctum]

top topics

join