It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO sighting in Florida.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I'm a bit hesitant to start yet another thread on another UFO sighting, especially since I don't have pictures. I know every little thing in the sky is being watched very closely now, and maybe there are some knee jerk reactions. Maybe mine is, who knows.

Here goes:

This morning, 2/6, I was on my way to work. It was about 4 am. I was heading north on SR-7, north of Lake Worth Rd. and South of Forest Hill Blvd., in Wellington, FL. I looked up in the N/NE direction and saw a fairly dim light. At first, I thought it was just a helicopter looking for somebody. As I was watching it, it got fairly bright, then changed from white to orange. The color inside seemed to be fluctuating a bit.

I watched this as I was driving for another five minutes or so. When I got to the next stop light, I was watching it even closer and noticed it started drifting slowly in the S/SW direction. The fluctuating light wasn't changing, but it was getting larger as it got nearer to me.

After another two minutes at the stop light, I noticed an airplane approaching the airport which is North East of my location. Basically, where the object came from. At this point the object was probably 10-15 miles S/SW of the airport. As soon as the airplane came into my view, the light dimmed in an instant, and I could see a very small pin point of light accelerate very, very quickly straight west.

I would totally understand if you guys had issues with my story. I would definitely take it in stride. I can already answer some of your questions.

No, there were no cars out at that time of the morning. SR-7 is generally busy, but at that time, there's not many cars out at all.

Yes, I can tell the difference between an airplane, helicopter, antenna, etc.

No, I've lived here twenty two years and have never heard of any kind of swamp gas, or any atmospheric phenomena (that doesn't mean it's never happened though).

If you guys want more details let me know and I'll fill you in.

Thanks,

seifera

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Why aren't you carrying a camera in your car, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. You know you have to be prepared.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What I see happen very frequently here at ATS is that even if a person has a camera and takes photos of a possible UFO; the debunkers immediatly critisize the photos as being to blurry, obvious ballon, venus, hoax, etc. So, camera/photo or not; what difference does it make. The believers believe and no amount of evidence will convince the disbelievers even though they claim to have an "open mind."

[edit on 7-2-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
File a report with NUFORC or any other such agency. Can be done anonymously, and you may learn of others who saw it, etc.

However, you're still looking at only a mysterious light, and in the direction of an airport. File a request with FAA to obtain the air traffic tapes, etc. of the airport for that time period...(or suggest that NUFORC do it, if filing a report)...as if something unidentified was flying around the airport, there'd be SOME kind of chatter about it.... If not, then whatever it was, was something mundane, that was simply taken out of context by the eye...

It's easy to do...even when experienced. For example, a few years back, I was at EPCOT and the whole crowd was looking up at a UFO (including me). However, I had my binoculars (to get a better look at the show we were all seated for), and through them, I could identify it was a plane, but otherwise, I couldn't tell...and I've grown up around tarmacs all my life....and can name most plane types on sight....

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Why aren't you carrying a camera in your car, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. You know you have to be prepared.

You're very right. I have a camera on my cell phone but honestly, I didn't even bother taking a picture with it. I knew the quality wouldn't be great and people would say it's a street light or something like that.

When I get some money, maybe I'll buy a higher quality digital camera. I need one anyway.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What I see happen very frequently here at ATS is that even if a person has a camera and takes photos of a possible UFO; the debunkers immediatly critisize the photos...

I was actually a bit worried about that. Even without pictures, I still expect some kind of flak about it.

new topics

top topics

join