It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with the political agenda of my school lately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
My german teacher always makes subtle anti-war, hell even anti american comments lately.... Such as..."only reason america is in iraq, is for money" referring to bosnia in civil war and america did not help

also my english teacher gave us this assignment:
smg.photobucket.com...

and in my friends science class they're watching that al gore movie......

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well, I'd say your German teacher is just one of those individuals
who does'nt keep his political views neutral, which in itself is'nt a
bad thing.

As for Al Gore's movie 'An Inconvienent Truth', the majority of
scientists agree global warming exists, and that it's human made,
and that movie deals with the isue, I don't see the porblem with it.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
i dont like my german teacher he always compares europe to america and usa faults compared to europes/germanys good things

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
At the risk of a short post....the public schools DO have an agenda thats not what most think.

the questionaire looks a lot like a short Psych profile to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
ZEKE,

Education is teaching you a certain amount of facts but also a manner of thinking and analyzing the facts to be able to put them into an order or semblence useful to you ..not to the teacher or the educational system.

THe questionare is used to determine your values..and compare to the values of a group as a whole. THerefore where they will need to work to modify yours or others value systems in the future. THis is not education.
It is a set up for programming.

Also your German teacher does not need to be foisting his/her political views off on you ..he needs to be teaching you to speak and read German.
This makes your Germans teachers ethics suspect. The class is German. He/she does not need to be foisting their political insecuritys off on such a inexperienced captive audience dependent on them for a grade. You will find that in college this pattern will get more intense and prevalent. You need to be aware so that you very quickly notice and define this fingerprint when you see it.

THE class, if I read your post correctly, is German..not political brainwashing. If I want political brainwashing I turn on the television or read a newspaper. Failing that I buy a copy of TIME Magazine.

The modus operandi of your German teacher is suspect to me..and you are correct to quesition the sanity of it. This means that you are at least capable of thinking outside the blocks of what passes for thinking/programming today.

Well done Zeke.

By the way Zeke...my mother is German ..from Frankfurt AM. She wouldnt go back except to visit. She tells me it has gone downhill very much since she was a little girl. Huge public doles for welfare...and other expenses..huge amounts of foreigners going on the government doles..huge expenses to keep the dole and politics going to support more of the dole. Precisely the direction our politicians want us to go here in America. No wonder your German Teacher doesnt like it here.. He/she likes breastfeeding by the Government and thinks this is the normal cycle of events. Germany will eventually be going the way of France. You will hear about it in the news soon enough. They have managed to keep alot of it out of the news here in America but it is happening all over Europe. Dont let anyone BS you Zeke.
Many people with degrees often specialize in BS...dont kid yourself. Just because you have a degree does not mean you are smart per se.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
ZEKE,

Education is teaching you a certain amount of facts but also a manner of thinking and analyzing the facts to be able to put them into an order or semblence useful to you ..not to the teacher or the educational system.

THe questionare is used to determine your values..and compare to the values of a group as a whole. THerefore where they will need to work to modify yours or others value systems in the future. THis is not education.
It is a set up for programming.

Also your German teacher does not need to be foisting his/her political views off on you ..he needs to be teaching you to speak and read German.
This makes your Germans teachers ethics suspect. The class is German. He/she does not need to be foisting their political insecuritys off on such a inexperienced captive audience dependent on them for a grade. You will find that in college this pattern will get more intense and prevalent. You need to be aware so that you very quickly notice and define this fingerprint when you see it.

THE class, if I read your post correctly, is German..not political brainwashing. If I want political brainwashing I turn on the television or read a newspaper. Failing that I buy a copy of TIME Magazine.

The modus operandi of your German teacher is suspect to me..and you are correct to quesition the sanity of it. This means that you are at least capable of thinking outside the blocks of what passes for thinking/programming today.

Well done Zeke.

By the way Zeke...my mother is German ..from Frankfurt AM. She wouldnt go back except to visit. She tells me it has gone downhill very much since she was a little girl. Huge public doles for welfare...and other expenses..huge amounts of foreigners going on the government doles..huge expenses to keep the dole and politics going to support more of the dole. Precisely the direction our politicians want us to go here in America. No wonder your German Teacher doesnt like it here.. He/she likes breastfeeding by the Government and thinks this is the normal cycle of events. Germany will eventually be going the way of France. You will hear about it in the news soon enough. They have managed to keep alot of it out of the news here in America but it is happening all over Europe. Dont let anyone BS you Zeke.
Many people with degrees often specialize in BS...dont kid yourself. Just because you have a degree does not mean you are smart per se.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

join