It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rev. Ted Haggard now 'completely heterosexual'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Rev. Ted Haggard Article

So ... the guy gets outted ... he goes into 'intensive psychotherapy' for three weeks ... and now he's 'completely heterosexual'.

suuuuuuuuuuure he is.

Sorry but I don't that that someone can be made 'straight' by being isolated and yelled at for three weeks.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Just watch this sleezeball turn this entire debacle into a money-making book and lecture business.

"How I Defeated the Evil of Homosexuality" T. Haggard

Unreal.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
why do people do this to themselves???

This man is just messing up his life even more... he'll need a bigger closet.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The only "completely" he is is completely Republican. You guys can keep him!

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
why doesn't a good looking guy, just lean over in front of him, and they could measure his hormone responses or something.

get that gannon bloke that services bush

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
could be one of two things

haggard is lying to the general public and those around him
or he is lying to himself...

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oh Please!!!

Jus like Isaiah Washington was cured in a week for being a homophobe.

What...do they really think we are all gullible morons.

This makes me mad!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The problem as I see it, is that he has to feel compelled to announce his 'heterosexuality'. I don't care about Rev. Haggard. I care about the atmosphere is which he lives — and so should the rest of you.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
No person is 'completely heterosexual' since our souls are adrogynous!

I'm more interested in the other issue of his situation...sexuality is not something that creates overcrowded prisons and makes criminals for the sake of the rest of society's delusional mental stability.

Of course, what does it matter if one doesn't actually partake of that which he bought....how many people spend $50 or so bucks just to flush it down the toilet?

None. Either they don't buy it or they buy it. But that's just not normal behavior either for one completely hooked or completely above it....

His so called sexual deviation worked into a pretty good diversionary tactic.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well at least he's not claiming the good lord healed him of this terrible affliction.

I look for his comeback to be about as exciting as Jim Bakers when he got out of prison.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I look for his comeback to be about as exciting as Jim Bakers when he got out of prison.

i missed it? damnit.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
He has to say he is "completely heterosexual," otherwise the church couldn't keep up the spin about homosexuality being a choice.

I won't absolutely rule out the possibility that he might prefer women over men and only have sex with men occasionally. However, if Teddy is completely heterosexual, then I am a large neon petunia.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
as penn and teller would put it BULLS#!%.

Sorry this idiot was just brainwashed into believing he is heterosexual. I bet if you realy talked to him he is still gay and would rather be let allone about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ted Haggard is absolutely insane; if you've heard or seen even a few of the things he's said, his destructive and corrupt influence and his obvious self loathing, you'd want to just put him out of his misery.

He should be in an institution or in a home, he's a nutty cult leader. Well, he was a cult leader, now he's just a nut.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
When my husband and I heard his statement in the news we just laughed so hard we started crying.

Get this, he and his wife are to pursue studies in psychology so they can help "others" overcome their sexuality.

Give me a freaking break!!!!!!!

And the sad part is . . . that is people that will still trust and follow this kind of people blindly.

What is wrong with humanity this days.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
whew. some folks really do need hobbies. like:

- train sets
- sports
- nature
- volunteering for a notable cause

the guys' prolly not gay (or ever was), but just super fooked-up in the head.

no matter how you swing, your not going to cure that particular 'special need'...

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
my aunt is a super christian and is trying to overcome her lesbianism. She has lived with her partner now for almost 4 years but is still ashamed. At the same time she refuses to divorce her husband because it is cowardly. My hope for her is that one day she will wake up and realize that she can freely love whoever see wants, and that God will love her no matter what. I hope this man realizes this as well.

p.s. sorry if i'm spelling things wrong, there was a flashing banner at the top of the website and it threw off my cordination.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
But what if haggard is telling the truth?

Would that mean that you could also be turned gay simply by being locked in a room and screamed at using different words? Could military drill sergeants accidentally be turning recruits gay?

Just playing devil's advocate here ...

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I really don't care about Haggard - - he's made his bed - - whatever.

It greatly concerns me that there are so many Christians who will "forgive" him for his "errors" - - and continue in their worship - - and believe God answered their prayers.

I have to say there is a difference in the Essence of Christ - the message - - and Religiosity.

As an Organization I am appalled by Christian Fundamentalists - - but I admire the individual who truly walks-the-walk - - - of the message of Love - Understanding - Forgiveness - Acceptance - - which is not about hate and control - - but about being of a higher order.

I personally can not live this life with blinders on.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Could military drill sergeants accidentally be turning recruits gay?

Accidentally?

Sorry, but there are few institutions in this country more infused with thinly-veiled homoeroticism than the military.

Anyway, on topic - he's admitted that's he's a liar, and now people are supposed to believe him? The man is a fraud and an idiot, and I suspect his devotees are even dumber (which is lucky for him, really, because if they were any smarter he'd be out of a job).

To be honest, I believe that it's a sin to let a fool keep his money - so maybe these two-faced, lying preachers, Haggard and his ilk, really are doing the Lord's work.

Haggard: "I love boobies, praise the Lawwd!"

(Sorry, but this presto-chango turnaround really reminded me of the Simpsons where future Smithers takes injections to turn him straight.)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join