It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population reduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Is it now the time to concider reduceing the worlds population in light of the alleged global warming issue. With the world population set to double in twenty years we should now introduce birth control across the planet.

Rather than spending money on fertility treatment should we not be giving incentives for people not to have children. There is no need for large families anywhere anymore. Improved health care etc. is reducing infant mortality although this still needs to be addrresed more in the 3rd world countries none the less if we dont do something soon the problem will only get worse.

The Earth may be able to support more life but whats the point in testing the theory out. How long can we sustain this headlong rush into uncertanty.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Gosh am I going to get crucified for this and I am about to violate every consistutional right here but...

1. Sterilization for woman. (Bottom feeders)
2. Actually put to death all the death row inmates instead of having them hang around for yrs and yrs eating up my money.
3. Euthenize anyone committed of crimes of murder

That ought to take care of a few folk.

Again I am probably opening myself up to a world of hurt here but I think that I am only saying what some people are or have thought.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I wrote a thread a long time ago about this. It's crap and I don't make myself clear and no, you don't stop all births for 100 years, but here it is anyway: Controlling Earth's Population (How & Why)

I definitely think something needs to be done.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Population reduction is not the answer.

What I should say, is telling people they cant have kids, or killing
people is not the answer, and is in my opinion wrong/immoral.

Now, we should try to keep people from having like 9 kids, in 1st
world countries.

There is no need for large families anywhere anymore.

Unfirtunately, you're wrong, there are still many places in the
world where large families with many kids are a necessity.

What we need to do is maximize the space we need, instead of
building sprawling suburbs and huge mansions, we need to con-
tinue building up, and underground.

That is, make a building that is as deep as it is tall.

Another thing we need to do is start colonizing space.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
We have enough mutating bacteria and viruses and other natural causes such as volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, typhoons and hurricanes, to effectively balance out and control global population. Mankind shouldn't interfere with the process and become selective, let nature run it's course.

oh but since we're a conspiracy board, let's not forget that bird flu, mad cow, ebola, aids, small pox etc are all in the arsenary of the global elite and plans are probably already underway to reduce the earth's population.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
an interesting post, with many things to consider

people in industrialized nations no longer need large families and the third world countries need help other than just aid.
What we are talking about here is re-education for the west, and education and healthcare for the 3rd world.
I have long held the belief that helping 3rd world populations to eat and have safe drinking water is only half the solution - a salve to our consience.
Education is the key, not to mention contraception, if only to halt the spread of HIV and AIDS which is endemic in some parts of the globe....
But how do you stop someone from having lots of kids?
I think that the chinese way of dealing with unauthorised pregnancy's is more than a tad harsh.
We only have a finite amount of resources unless we start to move out into our solar system and expoit the resources there, but this will not solve the question of food, water perhaps but not food, unless our technology somehow leaps forward into star trek replicator territory.

I hate to say it, but some kind of global capping system may be a solution, although I'm pretty sure it could never be enforced.

Or we could follow the example of Logans Run lol

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
yep why don't we just microchip everyone, and control womans fertility and males, and manage birth rates that way. they will make sure they decide who and when people have kids.

what thats is what they are going to do, you don't say.

they do have a plan to deal with the population and they will control it without anyone knowing it.

[edit on 2/6/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
Gosh am I going to get crucified for this and I am about to violate every consistutional right here but...

1. Sterilization for woman. (Bottom feeders)
2. Actually put to death all the death row inmates instead of having them hang around for yrs and yrs eating up my money.
3. Euthenize anyone committed of crimes of murder

That ought to take care of a few folk.

Again I am probably opening myself up to a world of hurt here but I think that I am only saying what some people are or have thought.

Are you suggesting that because someone is a woman she is a bottom feeder?

And to your "That ought to take care of a few folk" comment: Someone ought to take care of you.

And yes, you're right. Your thoughts are unoriginal and also they are childish and totally uncalled for.

Might I ask how old you are?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I read in Bill Cooper's book, Behold A Pale Horse (1991, I think) that the illuminati have a plan in place for population control.

I read it a long time ago and don't really remember all of it:

The first stage is the introduction of aids and other biological agents.
they also spray uranium on Tobacco and other products.
Eventually the last phase of their plan is a world war.

I think if we continue our presence in Iraq and bomb Iran the rest will take care of itself.

I hope it don't happen though, I prefer to let the world create its balance naturally!

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Let me make it clear I do not support killing anyone, population reduction can be brought about through education and better health and living standards. Birth rates tend to drop once this has been achieved. People in the developed countries who see it as their right to have 15 kids should be heavily fined, there is no justification for such large families and such a practice usually places a greater demand on the supply chain.

Wordwatcher, that statement is not true even after the black death decimated the populace of Europe within 2 hundred years the population was at the level it would have been even without the black death. Man naturally compensates for these events as seen in poor countries with high infant death rates. The tendency there is to have larger families to compensate for that factor. Better health care, education and improved lizing standards would remove that need.

top topics

join