It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inexpensive Travel..... is this a good idea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My wife and I are working on vacation plans for this year and we've got several places we'd like to go, but don't want to spend a lot of money.

Our choices are:

Disney - Orlando
Vegas
San Diego

I'm also looking into some all-inclusive resort stays at a Sandals resort.

I was browsing Ebay today and noticed they have a "travel" section, so looking in there I found some great deals.

Disney Orlando for instance...

for $95.00 and 90 minutes of my time, I can get 4 nights in a luxury condo and 2 tickets to any Disney Park.

Those park tickets alone are worth $140-150. I've been to Disney 2 times, and the cheapest hotel was $350 for 5 nights.

What are your opinions on timeshare presentations....

I've sat through one, about 5 years ago in Tenn. I always say no and won't be talked into buying anything....

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sure why not, as long as there is no minimum to buy, no down payment and you just walk away afterwards. Why not? Plus you get to learn a bit about Timeshares. I assume that's what it is for. Those are the ones I typically see. Before signing anything just be sure to check the fine print. Enjoy your vacation!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Why not do yourself and your wife a favour and explore somewhere out of your country. Become one of the 7% that have a passport.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

for $95.00 and 90 minutes of my time, I can get 4 nights in a luxury condo and 2 tickets to any Disney Park.

Do you not watch south park?

I don't know about the US, but in the UK if you go to a travel agents and heckle with them (and pay in cash) you can usually get a great deal. I watched a program where a couple had £800 for their honeymoon and wanted to go to somewhere in Greece, the travel agents first offer was about £750 and in the end they managed to get it down to about £450 including flights and whatnot.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
***Update***

we've decided to go to Disneyland in California.

Neither of us have been to Cali.

We're going to visit the 2 Disney Parks, Universal and take one day to drive to San Deigo and go to the Zoo.

We have 2 days for site seeing... Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Mulholland Dr, Sunset Strip, etc.

I got a great price online... booked it through Priceline.

Roundtrip Air, Nice hotel Suite and rental car for under $1,000.

I know, I've heard some of the "horror" stories about Priceline, but so far so good, I've confirmed my reservations, actually got decent flight times that I wanted on non-stop flights from Ohio to Cali, so from here on out
wish me luck.

top topics

join