It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does God let bad things happen in the world?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Uh, Hindu have most. or does China have Buddism? Either one. China, 1.6-1.7 billion alone. They beat anybody else by themselves.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the correction, Mal. I misremembered it (and though I meant "global" rather than US, I did check and the same situation exists on a global scale. My bad.)

MMmmmkay... question for you guys:

Is Jehovah omnipotent -- in other words, does he not only know the thoughts/etc of everything and every being in the universe... and does he ALSO know the entire past, the entire present, and the entire future of the universe?

If that's the case, then why didn't he see that the situation on Earth would get so bad that it warranted a flood (which killed men, women, children, and babies (which presumes that Jehovah also found the children, the babies, and the unborn to be evil since he destroyed them)?

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Days before and Earthquake occurs animals begin to behave strangely. They do very much seem to want to get away.

It very possible that months before a Pole Shift, humans all over the world (who have an inherent capacity for sensing these events are about to occur). Start building all sorts of different devises to survive the event. It does seem that they are very motivated and that may have to do more with what they think (psychologically) than what is related to Gods intent. More along the lines of a vision with hallucinations to fill in the gaps in understanding. In other words how exactly would one explain a Pole shift to a person who lived thousands of years ago?

And if you motivated them to start designing a means to save themselves how would they interpret surviving such an event, as well as the conditions which led to that survival?

Pole shifts occur at the commencement of an Ice Age. That the story of Noah is one of the first in the Bible does lend to the conclusion, that this is a story which is actually very old.

[Edited on 19-11-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I find the idea that god has a consiousness, like the one we all tend to assume (based on the knowledge and exeriences of our own) to be the biggest hurdle i have in trying to think about questions of these sorts. if he is a basic form of the assumtion of omnipitance then all things, be they bad or good (in human/moral terms of course) become a part of humankings energies not of gods, for he is either an observer if not infact the entirity of the universe itself. (in which case you and i are infact part of god who is everything as a whole), therefore nothing on this earth is punishment or bad things.. bar the feelings (which equate to basic negative positive feelings in a human state of consiosness and pre taught moral values) of humans, which to god would either be nothing more then the ant farm scenario mentioned above or infact a part of him himself, in which case he is both sides of the coin or both sides are infact the one coin? lol now im getting trippy

the bible has alot of Very Old stories that im sure have been rewritten and edited and played with many times before people of our times have ever had the chance to lay eyes on them, the principal in all religions tho remains the same, who gives a # if the guy next to you is being a prick others, for you cannot make him do what you want, your job is to do what YOU know is right and if you can teach the guy whos being a dick beside you that what hes doing wrong then all the more power too ya, not that hes gunna listen if he dosent want too.

did i make any sense?? i am kinda drunk atm

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Toltec, you might want to take a look at this (slow loading) NASA page about magnetic shifts and their effects:

image.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Questions 32, 30, 23, 10, 3 might interest you.

This contradicts information about pole reversals causing ice ages that I've seen on Zetatalk sites.

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Actually Byrd I was comming from the standpoint of a Crustal Shift.

See attached

Pole Shifts

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Even that site says there's no evidence for "crustal shifts." It's just someone speculating.

Given the inertia of the crust (even if you could jar it loose/move it), I think the sections would still be moving today ... and in a very demonstrable way.

We do see parts of the Earth's crust moving (plate tektonics) but there's no evidence of other mechanisms like that on a smaller scale.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sure there is... Landslides!
JK...

Back on topic...

Why does god allow evil thingies..

Because....He's an awfull horrible man who lived 2000 years ago. He wrote this book and told a bunch of people it was from *god*. He said they had to listen to *god* (really, they had to listen to this guy), or go to hell. Of course, gullible fools will pick eternity of bliss over eternity of suffering. Which this guy was totally banking on. Guess what...This guy's been dead for a looooooooong time now.... Guess who's laughing now!

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I agree it is theoretical but it is theory which is applied to a phenomenon. This being in relation to evidence which exist of a world flood. As well that evidence does coincide with the beginning of an Ice Age.

Have attached another site which provides more information. For the record I did not pick this one because of the information provided by Edgar Cayce.
Though would tend to agree with the comments prepared by Albert Einstein.

Pole Shifts

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 05:36 AM
link   
"Lupe. God does not hate us. The sacrifice of Gods only son for mankind is enough proof that God loves all man more than we can imagine. It is sin that destroys mankind. "

hmmmmm lest think about that for a moment. this benelovent loving being had his own son tortured and killed for no discernable reason.....

I really think this just adds to my theory that yes, god exists, and he's an utter #tard.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Let me ask you guys a few questions...

Can you know what is good, without knowing what is evil?

Can you know what is left, without knowing what is right?

Can you know what is down, without knowing what is up?

Does a fish know he's in the water, if he's never been pulled out by a (sport)fisherman?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 08:07 AM
link   
do bears ~actually~ sh!t in woods?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewards

Byrd, You ask why God does not accept muslims. Well do you that islam has paganism in its foundation, and that God is against Idol worship. Allah is just a new name for the old pagan God called BAAL. Islam was inspired by the devil himself. We know this because God says to worship only him. Yet islam practically worships mohammed. So that which does not coincide with the word of God is therefore of the devil.

Stewards, do you have evidence for that?

These essays contradict that.
www.religioustolerance.com...
www.religioustolerance.com...

[Edited on 21-11-2002 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Toltec -- perhaps we should take the discussion of pole shifts elsewhere? If you'll pick a more appropriate section, I'll post there.

(and BTW, there's no evidence (geologic - OR mythic) for a global flood. I've posted about a number of religions that have no flood myth, including the Norse.)

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hey Byrd

Ok see attached new topic at Science and Technology...

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join