It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americanisation...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
First off, aint american bashing - i ken some really ace yanks, however, what really gets on my nerve is how you can rarely get a decent WW film/game/etc that doesnt simply revolve around america. It really gets on my wick that, having came into both WW's in the later years nearly every represntation of the war revolves arround them.
Some of the best exaples - will get round to posting them when i can remember
- Movies based on British operations durring WWII, with all american casts etc, making it look like an american operation!!!!!

[edit on 6/2/07 by C ROBERTSON]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Meh, I agree. Its always focused on the US.

But thats why the Call of Duty WWII game series is so cool. You can play as the British, Americans, and Russians.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
cause there are two countries US and THEM
just kidding, however I think it's because thats the target demographic to sell to. It's nothin personal its just the main market I think.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
cause there are two countries US and THEM
just kidding, however I think it's because thats the target demographic to sell to. It's nothin personal its just the main market I think.

Haha, yeh. Your right, it will all be about making the most £, or $ should i say? :shk: lol.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I say a blockbuster movie focusing on the British SAS in WWII would be just ace, although im not British I tend to regard the 22nd SF regiment as probably the best in the world. Can't forget TAVR I too.

"Who Dares Wins" very cool.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I agree with the OP about most ww2 films being American centred. U-571 was one that got it historically wrong (it was the Brits that captured the ENIGMA machine.) en.wikipedia.org...(film)#Historical_inaccuracies

I'm just waiting for a movie about the yanks beating Rommel in North Africa...

...or the Argies in 1982!!

[edit on 7/2/07 by jimboman]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
LOL, that would be typical of hollywood, good points guys

top topics

join