It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ed brown media conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's become clear to me that our government has used unjust, unethical and often unlawful means to prosecute people who may or may not be guilty of breaking a law. One of these egregious violations occurs when we are refused our right of due process under the law.

In any event, there is a very simple observation that can be made with regard to the situation that exists right now in the U.S. and elsewhere.

What we are living is a case of David and Goliath, where the law-abiding citizens of this country are helpless and at the mercy of a government that feels it doesn't need to abide by any law if it so chooses.

With a military and police force, the "courts of law" (I use that term loosely), and criminal codes and laws too complex and for laypersons to understand, and which are often interpreted according to courts' "needs" or "dispositions" (i.e., in favor of the courts), then what is a citizen left to do than to abide these injustices or face fines, imprisonment or worse?

I cited this above, but it bears repeating, that,

...if doubt exists as to the construction of a taxing statute, the doubt should be resolved in favor of the taxpayer..." Hassett v. Welch., 303 US 303, pp. 314 - 315, 82 L Ed 858. (1938)

This should apply to all laws. And if not, then why shouldn't it?

The moment one comes to realize the situation we're in, discontent arises; and when reflected upon this discontent soon turns to helplessness. This helplessness then turns to apathy and cynicism.

So where are we? Nowhere. We're absolutely nowhere, and we will remain here unless something upsets the system. Something's got to change. This hope is a natural and reasonable response to injustice.

Unfortunately, nothing's going to change. This is not cynicism it's realism. Nothing has been done, and nothing will be done.

Citizens are gathering to have their greivances addressed -- LINK and LINK -- but you tell me how effective these measures have been and will be.

To me, the government is the power here and not the people, this has been and will be the status quo indefinitely. The rights granted to the citizens of this country are violated every day. Does that bother you? Then take it up with the federal government and see how successful you are...

The difference between a fascist government, and the so-called "Democratic" system we live "under" now is that our rights are denied in a kangaroo court instead of by the butt of a gun on the street. Although I may prefer the butt of a gun, at least they're honest.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by OnTheDeck]

[edit on 19-2-2007 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

show ed the law and he'll pay. whats to protest?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If anyone can prove their is a lawful income tax, then there a number of tax honesty groups willing to give you a prize for your discovery.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Amelie]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join