It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instant Armor of the Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It seems that MIT is developing a battlesuit that can be changed from a normal fabric to lightweight armor with a single command

www.sciencentral.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Wierd yet cool. But whatever to good old fashioned lining clothing with kevlar and/or small ballistic plates? The common citizen need not fear walking down the street so much anymore...wearing a Secureline(tm) jacket, shirt or pants!

DE

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is or why MIT has to hype this up to make it seem like this armor is the future. It is already here. Have you ever heard of Spider-goat fibers. Here's an excerpt from a website:

"Ounce for ounce, spider silk is five times stronger than steel and about three times tougher than man-made fibers such as Kevlar. And that makes the material ideal for all sorts of interesting uses � from better, lighter bulletproof vests to safer suspension bridges."

www.onlisareinsradar.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
ooo i saw that spider goat stuff on the discovery chanel. that stuff is really interesting. even more interesting to me is, where in the world would they get the idea to make spider thread through a goat?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Cool....

I can just imagine a platoon of soldiers....

"It's Morphin' Time!"

new topics

top topics

join