It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credit Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm new to ATS and I only signed up to get other peoples' views on my idea.

I think the new stage of currency is upon us, a world currency called "Credit".

Chances are your parents own a credit card, the majority of adults nower days own atleast one of them.

I think that we are slowly being weaned (pardon the spelling) off physical money, and onto a system where "virtual" money is used.

If you think about it, it would be much more convenient to not have to carry around loose change in your pocket, alot less money will be lost through the stupidity of some people that cant look after money, eg losing it, tearing it etc.

Credit cards are aparently safer, no-one can access your money without knowing your pin, which makes them pointless to steal unless you have the owner at knife point at a cash machine.

I for one am excited about this new age, however there are some doughts and concerns I have.

No cash - This means that people will become more dependent on the people and computer systems that look after their money/credit.

Unemployment - People actually employed to make the money will be out of a job, and currency manufacturing is a big industry with millions of employees. We won't need those factories or employees anymore.

My biggest fear is the people controlling my credit, and because this is on the New World Order forum, I put to you the situation when banks start to expand, and merge, and eventually, there could be one world bank, looking after the majority of the world's population's credit.

Who controls that credit, who would be right at the top of that bank? If you think about it, he/she controls the worlds money, it would be a lot easier to blackmail the world's population. This person could end up potentially ruleing the world no?

Please tell me if this isnt in anyway possible, please give me your thoughts

I think credit currency is a great idea, but if the world's banks merge into one mega bank, I'm running for the hills! lol

Whats this I hear about Microchips they can put in your hand or your wrist? Can carry all of your information including family history? Sounds like a mark of the Beast to me! lol Future credit cards?

Give Me Your Thoughts Please!

P.S Sorry if this has already been debated because I havn't seen it before!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
the problem is that if when this system comes into play, if you owe money, they will make you work this off.

also a side note, they say around 40-50 years ago, if was a bad thing for a person to be in debt, people did not like or want debters. today everyone is in debt, and college students especially.

there will be no way out of this stuff when it gets going.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
so i was wondering if you think my idea is reasonably realistic?

thanks for your comment btw

Edn

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thats why you use a debit card and not a credit card.

Credit cards exist to put you into debt thats there only purpose, for almost everyone there a temporary escape from the mounting bills, unfortunately temporary goes out the window when you cant pay off your credit card and end up having to pay the original sum + 20%~ in which case you now need another credit card to pay off your credit card.

I'm quite lucky, I have absolutely no debt and I was lucky enough for the Scottish government to pay my college fees, and hopefully they will again next year.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by Edn]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BurnItDown
so i was wondering if you think my idea is reasonably realistic?

thanks for your comment btw

the bank of england can destory countries already. they virtually run the money system with wall street. yep i do agree that it will become more centralised and that means everyone will in effect be slaves to a system they cannot get out of.

but also because we living today lived in a society of notes, we will be harder for those to push into this, but tomorrows kids will know no difference. whos going to be telling tomorrows people the injustice of such a system.

they already can ruin countries, and that means they have power over lifes, and the consumer world we in the west live in, just makes it harder to stay out of debt. if i was going to advise anyone of anything today, it would be to get yourself out of debt if you can, and stay out of it, it is a such a burden it could ruin your life even today.

but they say the rthchilds run the money market anyway, so what you descibe in terms of one person ruling, may be here already.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I for one am surprised that the governments of the world havent already put something like this into place. I myself hardly ever use cash because paying with a debit card is quicker. I say debit.....Ive never had a credit card of any type myself. I see them as a trick the banks use to get your money even when you dont have any to give.

But think about the obviously failing 'war on drugs' here in the US. If we converted to electronic currency, there would be no excuse at all for not being able to catch drug dealers, because all monetary transactions would be traceable.
On the other hand, that would go for the government too, and Im quite sure they do NOT want the majority of their transactions looked at.
So you see, that is at the root of the problem. They would have to create a 'department of monetary transactions' or something like that to keep tabs on every citizen while at the same time, covering up their own evil buying and selling.

With this in mind, theres a good chance it will never happen. Its always easier to have a man in a dark suit meet another man in a dark suit on a beach at night somewhere with a suitcase full of hundred dollar bills.

new topics

top topics

join