It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says global warming in hands of wealthy nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
China which by all accounts is set to become the biggest contributor to global warming has pointed the blame finger at what they term "wealthy nations". AT the same time, the offical making the charge would not comment on whether thier country would accept such caps as well.

While the Kyoto accords were all well and good, it seems pointless to me when you exclude countries that are kicking out greenhouse gasses like China and India. If China wants to be a world player, act like one.

China says global warming in hands of wealthy nations

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
If China wants to be a world player, act like one.

Well said

If we are to clean up this planet we can't do it with out China's 1.28 Billion people. All of humanity needs to step up and work together on this or I fear for the worst.

[edit on 6/2/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Looks like India is coming to the same conclusion:
Climate change fails to transform India’s apathy

I don't recall civilization facing anything similiar. It seems our current global economic system is incapable of circumventing climate change without collapsing in on itself first.

What are the options besides total war?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Dear China and India

We are not going to clean up your messes, you have created the brown cloud, polluted your rivers and poisoned your own people with your disregard for the environment and the human condition!

How will you take care of your people with no clean water, polluted air, encroaching deserts, etc.

Societies that have failed, i.e. easter island. Were not good stewarts of the land.

Get with the program or you won't survive, the USA has exported its jobs and apparently the pollution too!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Dear Imperialists,

China blames the west for global warming

Rich industrialised nations must take the lead in cutting greenhouse gases since they bear the “unshirkable responsibility” for causing global warming, a Chinese official said on Tuesday.

“It must be pointed out that climate change has been caused by the long-term historic emissions of developed countries and their high per-capita emissions,” Reuters news agency quoted Jiang Yu, a foreign ministry spokeswoman, at a briefing on Tuesday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't think blaming China is going to cut it, so will it be nukes at dawn?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
China and India must realize there is a price to be paid for industrialization. Its not all good, you take the good with the bad. The Chinese have been competive because of slave wages, no pollution regulation and they will see that you have to pay the piper.

The US and Europe are still paying for the clean up of their industrialization and I don't see the Chineses or Indians helping out.

No nukes, unless provoked, I am merely stating the reality of industrialization. It has good points and bad points. In the short, they have to pitch in or they will not survive their own habits!

[edit on 2/6/07 by mel1962]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Read the article below, its not good! China and India can not detach themselves from this global problem, they are part of the problem and they need to be part of the solution or they will parish at their own hands!

China's Crisis!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
funny since china is the one expected to surpass the US in green house emissions in 2009!!! Not only that, but china is also the biggest emitter in sulfur dioxide which causes acid rain. China is the worlds largest polluter in industrialized pollution. They have no environmental restrictions on their manufacturing base like the more developed nations on earth do. China is all about getting rich now at the expense of their environment. They dont care. They have literally been polluting their land for the past few hundred years. Not only that, but they are the biggest exporters in pollution. In LA residents have noticed a black smoke with harmful ash that falls from the sky. This is traced back to chinas "booming economy".

So I find it very hypocritical of china to be pointing the finger at everyone else but themselves. I guess whatever takes the blame off themselves first. Gotta keep making that money.
Even though 20 years from now we wont be hear to enjoy it because our environment will be to toxic for human life!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
China is just trying to use Climate Change to their advantage, so they can be the next big superpower, meanwhile at the same time surpassing the U.S. in greenhouse gas emissions and being one of the worst, if not the worst polluters in the world. Seven out of the ten most polluted cities in the world are in China.

I still can't believe that there are some people who think "they can stop Climate Change"...

Many people are in denial, but during the Holocene period alone, the last 10,000 years, we have had almost two dozen Climate Shifts as the Earth has come out of the last Ice Age.

There have been many times went drastic warming, and or cooling has occurred like what is happening now.

In the overall it has been a warming period, with some small shifts in cold climate which have lasted a few hundred years, and it is going to happen again....despite the wish/hope of some to "Stop Climate Change"....

Some people will never learn they can't control the climate...

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
China is already the largest emiter of greenhouse gas.

Originally posted by Regenmacher
What are the options besides total war?

We're certainly not going to go to war with China and/or India to force them to accept green house gas emissions caps.

top topics

join