It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran, The Red Herring & The Apocalyptic Gamble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It seems that Iran is getting ready to make an important Nuclear statement in the next few days. It has also 'slipped' the information that it will announce a cure for AIDS on the same day. It looks to me that if Iran is about to announce it has finally acquired Nuclear weapons, that it will also release a 'red herring' to try and fool the world into thinking "wow they've cured AIDS, they must be for peace!" These are two statements that should never be lumped together in the same speech, at least not by any sane country.

This is the exact type of missleading propaganda that these mulahs would cook up to split the world's opinion on attacking them. Hmmm, How could anyone bomb them now that they hold the cure for the world's biggest killer???? If I had to guess one thing they might say to ward off a nuclear attack by Israel or the US, it would be this lame story of a cure for AIDS. Its almost childlike in its niavity. Iran thinks that if anyone bombs them, the world would turn on them for destroying that precious cure for AIDS they have, probably locked in the vault at Natanz.

I personally think that if Iran wants to gamble with Nuclear poker chips, that the US should lay its cards out on the table for everyone to see. Tell Iran that if it indeed decides to put a nuclear weapon together, we not only will give the green light for Israel to launch immediate attacks on all their nuclear sites, but we will aid them to insure the complete and utter destruction of Irans current and future capability to harm anyone. Point blank.

Some might say that if Iran acquires a few nuclear weapons, maybe its not such a big deal and they just want the same security that other nuclear countries currently enjoy. Well lets get off the fence here, is the Iranian president lying when he says he will wipe out Israel, or is he lying when he says he only wants nuclear technology for peace? there is an old saying, "a liar is never believed, even though he tells the truth."

Make no mistake, if Iran does acquire even a single nuclear weapon, Israel from that point on, will have to live under the constant fear of being annhilated at any second without warning, with Iran's sweaty fingers on the button.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by super70]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So what super70 if Iran wants nukes to annhilate Israel? I am in the United States, we shouldn't go to war with anyone over the sake of another country. Israel has enough illegal nukes of their own to drop on Iran in which I doubt Iran will ever do such a thing.

If Israel cares that much, let them go bomb Iran and face the consequences...by themselves.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well with reasoning like that, then you must think we should have let hitler have Europe? Way to get your buddies back there.

I think you overlooked these facts:
Iran's number 1 target is Israel.
Any guess what their number 2 is?

Thats right, the United States. Don't take my word for it though, take the Iranian presidents.

The world made the mistake of trusting hitler when he said he wouldn't invade Poland. We trusted that all hitlers lunatic speeches of global domination and destruction of the jews were just the hot winded blusterings of an ego maniac. We were wrong and millions of innocent people paid the price with their lives. So when history starts to repeat itself, maybe we should take a lesson in all that "coulda shoulda woulda."

[edit on 6-2-2007 by super70]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I agree,
the aids cure is definately a ruse to try and convince the people
'' bomb us, you will lose the cure for aids ''

But a nuclear weapon?

So you believe they are goign to state they have one, in the hope israel/america will beleive it and re-consider attacking?

Good post by the way!

Israel will not wait to be living under the circumstances you desrcibed, which is indeed, immediate destruction in a second at any given time.

The USA cannot take a solid stance, 'laying their chips down'

It would just enflame the 'anti-muslim' feeling going around.
especially when Israel HAVE the bomb, and with there recent lebanese methods.. it will be clear we are choosing only muslim nations to look at.

Had we not of devestated Iraq, the region, including IRAQ... would of been on our side against Iran.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
First, It was not a cure they found but a herbal remedy that lasts longer than any other drug for AIDS, Iranian media made the mistake of calling it a cure not the government.

Second, The Iranian's never said they wanted to wipe israel of the map at all that was propaganda and a miss translation. What they did say was they wanted to rid the world of Zionism not Israel, They are both different things and everyone should be against Zionists because they are the real terrorists.

Third, There is no proof, NONE, that Iran is making WMD and if they were without outside help it would take about 10 years. This is more propaganda just like the run up to the Iraq invasion.

One more thing. What country is the only country to ever use a nuke against another? You all know the answer to that so get a grip and stop it with this boogie man terrorist nonsense because that is exactly what they want everyone to think to make it easier to invade Iran.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The iranian government isn't saying that they have a cure for AIDs.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if any nuke announcements are along the line of 'we have successfully ran a new batch of centrifuges'. We'll know iran has nuke weapons when we detect the test detonation.

df1

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
Make no mistake, if Iran does acquire even a single nuclear weapon, Israel from that point on, will have to live under the constant fear of being annhilated at any second without warning, with Iran's sweaty fingers on the button.

Save the melodramatics, it's not that big a deal. I grew up during the Cold War with the threat of complete nuclear annihilation by the Soviets hanging over the US. Consider the Iranian position, they have no nuclear weapons, but must face the fear of a nuclear equipped Israel.

Well with reasoning like that, then you must think we should have let hitler have Europe?

Actually we should have let Germany win the first world war, then their wouldn't of been a Hitler.

Thats right, the United States. Don't take my word for it though, take the Iranian presidents.

The biggest gorilla in the jungle doesn't need to pay attention to every little monkey that beats it's chest. Your Iranian threat to the US is completely bogus.

We trusted that all hitlers...

Stop with the Hitler already. Every discussion involving Israel does not require the invoking of Germany & Hitler.

As for an Iranian AIDS cure, small countries are kicking our ass on numerous technical fronts, so it is not out of the question. The President of Iran doesn't know anymore about medical science than the US congress, but that doesn't stop our congressmen from making bold speeches on scientific subjects which are dead wrong. He is most likely talking out of his butt as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The weapons of mass destruction that America needs to worry about are the ones in Israel. I don't think there is much threat of a nuclear attack from the Muslim countries.

Israel needs to be disarmed of WMD or else countries such as Iran have a right to build the same kind of weapons to defend themselves against any possible attack from Israel. The U.S. is wrong to accept an enemy of Iran, such as Israel, to have WMD and then object to such weapons in Iran. Israel is a security threat to that country, so Iran is justified in developing the best defence it can to retaliate if Israel attacks. Actually, by arming Israel with nuclear weapons the U.S. is FORCING Iran to build such weapons. They leave the Iranians with no choice since Israel is such a dangerous enemy.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
Israel needs to be disarmed of WMD or else countries such as Iran have a right to build the same kind of weapons to defend themselves against any possible attack from Israel.

No, they don't.

They gave up the right to have nuclear weapons, in exchange they were given nuke technology, the idea was that if a nation woudl permanently, and forever, swear off nuke weapons, then we could prevent the spread of the weapons, and give technology for peaceful power generation.

Thats forever, not 'unless the jews get a bomb'.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Wait a minute, didn't Iran claim they had the cure for AIDS a few months ago???? Why are they bringing it back up when they had the past few months to prove that they did have a cure?
Iran developes cure for HIV/AIDS
You can't let the same cat out of the bag twice

Imo that means they are no where closer to achieving their nuclear goals and still need lots of time, but in the mean time, they'll provoke everyone else and wait to become the victim.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Iran is about to announce it has finally acquired Nuclear weapons,

No,...they aren't

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Well with reasoning like that, then you must think we should have let hitler have Europe? Way to get your buddies back there.

That is exactly what we did until we were attacked at Pearl Harbor. We just sat back and sold weapons to both sides really until people became more and more anti-German/Fascist and then we only funded one side.

I never said we can't help support the endeavor. But I don't support getting involved militarily.

I think you overlooked these facts:
Iran's number 1 target is Israel.
Any guess what their number 2 is?

Really ask yourself...how can they do such a thing? Are they going to smuggle a nuke 3500 miles across the ocean? Are they going to send air craft carriers (which they don't have) and planes. Iran isn't a threat to the US, neither was Iraq.

He saber rattles a lot. Besides he never said he would attack the US. And the translation of his words for Israel is in question. I don't know Persian, and didn't see the original transcript, so I am not going to blindly trust sources.

The world made the mistake of trusting hitler when he said he wouldn't invade Poland. We trusted that all hitlers lunatic speeches of global domination and destruction of the jews were just the hot winded blusterings of an ego maniac. We were wrong and millions of innocent people paid the price with their lives. So when history starts to repeat itself, maybe we should take a lesson in all that "coulda shoulda woulda."

Iran isn't saying he'll kill all the Jews, and that he will run the world. I don't think Iran should have WMD's because the whole Middle East will be put on edge. But Iran is not a threat to the United States.

If Europe and Russia and China aren't worried, they are the ones who are closest and would be most affected if Iran did anything really stupid, then we, the United States, living thousands of miles away, shouldn't be worried.

If we went to war with Iran, it would be because of political domination and resource control. Not to protect the American people (but what war these days are fought to protect us?) All they do is create hate towards us.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
So what super70 if Iran wants nukes to annhilate Israel? I am in the United States, we shouldn't go to war with anyone over the sake of another country. Israel has enough illegal nukes of their own to drop on Iran in which I doubt Iran will ever do such a thing.

If Israel cares that much, let them go bomb Iran and face the consequences...by themselves.

Word!

If Israel is unable to get over its insecurity and deal in a civilized and peaceful matter with neighboring countries, then they should go to Hell, and NO other country has to join them in their fall.

The interests of Israel are not the ones of the US population, or that of any other country in the world.

[edit on 6/2/07 by Echtelion]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have read that Iran is close to having a whole lot of centrifuges ready to be put in operation. This might be the whole crux of their 'announcement'.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Iran needs George Bush as much as George Bush needs Iran..

both leaders were elected ( or re elected) under the false guise of terror and needing an Enemy somewhere in the world to point the finger at. Bush needs an enemy to have a reason not to just toss him out of office, Iran needs an Enemy for the same reason....impassion the people with blind ignorance and all things are possible.

top topics

join