It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another letter bomb attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Breaking news!!!

Two people have been injured in a "small explosion" at a company in Wokingham, Berkshire.

Thames Valley Police were called to Oaklands Business Centre just after 0900 GMT after reports that an item of mail had ignited.

The building was evacuated and a cordon has been set up around the site.

Police said they were aware of a similar incident in central London on Monday but it was too soon to speculate on any possible connection.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

reports yesterday believed that police think the ALF (Animal Liberation Front) is behind the attack.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
what a stupid way to expres your opinion of animals needing rights.. by sending mailbombs that hurt 'other animals'

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The ALF claim has been reported by certain media outlets and by other groups, but i have to stress that the police have not said this yet. apparently, the letter bomb yesterday had the name of a dead animal rights activist on it who died during a hunger strike.

police have not commented on it

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This time two males were hurt (minor injuries) in the explosion!
Both were treated at the scene.

The company Vantis where the explosion took place does what?
It collates and arranges collection of Parking fines and other motoring related offences...strange?

IMO i dont think its a"terrorist type " attack i think its a indivdual or individuals who have had enough of the system, congestion charges , parking fines etc...

Just out of interest i wonder if the Police have informed any of the "other companies" who do exactly the same business as Vantis , to be on the look out for any suspicious packages?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm under the impression the bombs have to do with speed cameras and speeding fines. not animal liberation rights.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am suprised that no one has said that the letter bombs are merely a fabrication to divert attention away from Blair and his cash4peers problems, amoungst other problems..

So obvious

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
3 injured in new letter bomb attack

Britain's chief police officers issued a warning today over the letter bomb scare revealing that seven postal devices have been received in the last three weeks injuring six people.
It came as three women in the DVLA's main office were injured in a new letter bomb attack.

A South Wales Police spokeswoman said: "Three people are being treated for injuries sustained as a result of the incident.One woman has sustained minor burns and two other women have sustained hearing-related injuries.
"It is too early to say whether or not there is a link to any other incident, but South Wales Police are keeping an open mind."

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floh
I'm under the impression the bombs have to do with speed cameras and speeding fines. not animal liberation rights.

no, one of the bombs has been linked to two other letter bombs in oxfordshire that contained the name of a dead animal rights activist.

all the targets are linked because all provided support to the police in some way.

7 in total have been reported in the last 2-3 weeks.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
I am suprised that no one has said that the letter bombs are merely a fabrication to divert attention away from Blair and his cash4peers problems, amoungst other problems..

So obvious

erm no,

because if you want to draw attention away from that, you would do more then send out letter bombs (which anyone can make)

if you are going to divert attention, you would set off car bombs instead.

new topics

top topics

join