It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jamal Jafaar Mohammed is a member of the Iraqi government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Jamal Jafaar Mohammed was convicted of the 1983 bombings of French and US embassies. He escaped a death sentence in kuwait. US intelligence now reports that he is a member of the Iraqi government and he is acting as an agent for Iran. Jamal is also accused of supporting Shiite insurgents. Jamal seat in the Iraqi parliament gives him immunity from prosecution.

www.cnn.com
A man sentenced to death in Kuwait for the 1983 bombings of the U.S. and French embassies now sits in Iraq's parliament as a member of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's ruling coalition, according to U.S. military intelligence.

Jamal Jafaar Mohammed's seat in parliament gives him immunity from prosecution. Washington says he supports Shiite insurgents and acts as an Iranian agent in Iraq.

U.S. military intelligence in Iraq has approached al-Maliki's government with the allegations against Jamal Jafaar Mohammed, whom it says assists Iranian special forces in Iraq as "a conduit for weapons and political influence."

Repeated efforts by CNN to reach Jamal Jafaar Mohammed for comment through the parliament, through the ruling Shiite Muslim coalition and the Badr Organization -- the Iranian-backed paramilitary organization he once led -- have been unsuccessful.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well this hardly surprises at all in the rush to form an Iraqi government and train local security forces little screening has been done. I wouldn't be surprised if Jamal disappears back into the woodwork before justice catches up with him.

Story's like this also indicated that the weak Iraqi government will fall like a pack of cards once the coalition leaves the country. Bush's surge plan wont do anything to prevent cases like this.

Once the coalition leaves there will be nothing to prevent other people who have infiltrated the Iraqi government and institutions from causing havoc and undermining the future of a free Iraq.

I am also reminded of many of the ex Nazis who were found to have covered up there past and lead seemingly respectable lives in all parts of the globe.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So, find this guy and turn him over to the Kuwaitis for burial. No need for a trial here since he's already been convicted and sentenced.

I wonder how long, though, it will take before someone who feels sorry for this animal shows up?

See below posts - "sure he bombed some embassies ..." Like that's not altogether a bad thing.

[edit on 2/7/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well is there any way we can find out what actions he has partaken as a representative so far. I mean sure he bombed some embassies, but how can we know he is actually undermining anything? What bills has he proposed or backed lately? Has he supported ny projects? Is he funding terrorism? We should ask these questions first you know. I mean how stupid do you have to be to believe that he is there against the will of our government?

I mean seriously, if we wanted him dead, he woulda been dead and noone would have known it! You gotta be prety damned gullibable to believe he is not there because of our own government does not will it so!

They just happened to conviniently link him to Iran. Yea sure, and I bet Saddaam was an Iranian puppet as well!

Oh you people tickle me sometimes.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Well is there any way we can find out what actions he has partaken as a representative so far. I mean sure he bombed some embassies, but how can we know he is actually undermining anything? What bills has he proposed or backed lately? Has he supported ny projects? Is he funding terrorism? We should ask these questions first you know. I mean how stupid do you have to be to believe that he is there against the will of our government?

Yes, and I'm sure his application for sainthood is pending. Oh wait. He's a muslim and still alive.

Sadly funny how some will go to such extraordinary lengths to defend people (animals?) that are in reality indefensible.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Heres a related story.

US and Iraqi forces swooped on the Health Ministry on Thursday, seizing a deputy minister accused of funnelling millions of dollars to Shi'ite militias in the first major sign that a crackdown in Baghdad has begun.

Ministry officials and witnesses said Deputy Health Minister Hakim Zamili, a member of radical Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al- Sadr's political group, was detained during the raid, the latest operation by U.S. and Iraqi forces to target senior Sadr aides.

The U.S. military, without naming anyone, said a senior Health Ministry official had been captured on suspicion of infiltrating members of Sadr's Mehdi Army militia into the ministry and using it as a cover for sectarian killings.

Link

Pretty much just more of the same there is no way the government of Iraq will ever take control of the country.

top topics

join