It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I quit smoking today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Good for you. I have been off them for about 4 years now, and just being around them makes me want to
. Just make sure you have something else to cure the oral fixation. My suggestion is cinnamon gum.

Best of luck staying off the cancer sticks

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm sorry that I haven't been around as much, but I am finally feeling better.

I'm still going strong Jen. I've been trying to work out a lot, too, since I quit this time. That is becoming a big motivation, since I am already starting to show it.

That's so awesome that you are without the patch Jen!! I'm sticking with #2 for a bit longer, as I do get cravings still every now and then. Biggest time I really want to smoke is at work. I've just been chewing up a lot of straws/pens to deal with it.

We are fabulous, Jen!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Josh, good for you! I was getting worried too because I hadn’t seen you in a few days. I’m doing great, and yes exercising does help a lot; it helps filter all that new energy we have gained from quitting.

I’m going out tonight…Nervous…. Pray I don’t get tempted! I’ll send you a u2u tomorrow if I get a chance. I’m so Proud of US!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was up to two packs a day and had smoked for 35 years. I quit over 5 years ago, and have had no desire for tobacco in years. I quit cold turkey, it bothered me only for a couple of weeks. It can be done, hang in there.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I just bought another damn pack of these God awful smooth, relaxing, crappy, disgusting, tasty, crisp, refreshing, smelly, sticks of deathly goodness.

It amazes me how you can come up with excuses so easily.......... I bought it for St. Patties day.

I've been a bad, bad, bad boy... Spank me!

Not to hard though i bruise.
:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's not too late LostSailor...toss them out right now and regain your strength. You can do it.....

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Jen,

I've never smoked so I can't relate on how hard it must of been, except for what I hear. I hear its really hard to quit. So let me say: congratulations!!! to you my good friend.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

I've been a bad, bad, bad boy... Spank me!

Not to hard though i bruise.
:bnghd:

Welcome to my thread... I love to spank bad boys!

Kinglizard is right...get rid of the smokes!! I couldn't ever do it after i'd already had one...if that's the case, toss them when you go to bed tonight. Go buy some patches and the rest is history. That's how easy the patches made it to kick the habit
We "all" will cheer you on... every step of the way! Make the commitment...in a couple of weeks you'll be so proud of yourself

[edit on 3/16/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Alright... It's too late. I can't go to the bar on St. Patties day and not smoke. This pack should last me through tomorrow night. I've cut back quite a bit already. So After this pack???...:shk:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It's always never too late to quit. I started smoking when I was 13.

Starting January 1, 2000, I never smoked since then. I am so happy doing that.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I quit today....I find water helps stop the craving for me anyways it does. I have smoked for more than half my life and it was time for me too, I know I am going to miss that cigarette first thing in the morning though but I will get through it....good luck to you and me. lol

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Good for you!! If it gets too rough, buy the patches they make quitting so easy. Day and Night difference...really. I only needed them for two weeks and then I was done...I did level 2 & 3. Good luck...you won't regret it

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
great for you man congratulations!
im 17 and i maybe smoked once or twice but only a quick sniff to see whats like and i didnt like it....
giving so much money for something that isnt tasty and i dont like it and its so poisonous for your health that even when some people smoke next to me in close place i get looooolz....
my friends even smoked weed a couple a times but ill never do that sh***
i dont care how gangsta smokers look for me its not gangsta its just killing urself.drinking a little alcohol on partys is one thing but this...naa
especialy if u are training thats just reverse effect):
and a girl with a cigarete aint that the nastyest thing ever....
beautifull girl with a cigarete caughting,swearing and stinking of cigarettes that aint cool

[edit on 30/3/07 by Unisol]

[edit on 30/3/07 by Unisol]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's like an Easter Present to us, Jen! Congrats for our continued strength in this!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Still high and dry No regrets, and No turning back! Once again Josh, I couldn't have hand picked a better person than you, Josh, to travel along this path with me. You're just so special
And we are Non smokers!

XOXOX
Jen

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Congratulations on keeping it going this long.
Figured out how much money you've saved so far?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yeah Spacedoubt thanks
it's a good feeling of accomplishment, and I'm liking it

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I quit smoking tobacco yesterday (again). Infact I gave my pack away probably had 15 left.

Here goes again

Just been tripped out a lil, superstitious I suppose, guy delivered a pizza to my house had a hole in his throat, then at the mall I was outside smoking and this guy comes up to me tells me I should quit and goes on about how his wife died from lung cancer.

Well now.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Good for you Lys
If it get's rough...get the damn patches..they work
Takes the hard cravings away! I'll be your cheering squad
Stay away from the bar for a few days too...it's something you need to do for your own good.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Good for you Jen. I quit a few days after you started this thread but sadly I started again...you have the willpower, more than what I have so good luck to you and keep it up, you can do it. My hat is off to you.

wish I could.......... sigh

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join