It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I quit smoking today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well, not necessarily! I bought the store brand from Safeway, and they were on sell for $14 bucks per box. They are working just fine for me. I couldn’t stomach the thought of $54.00/box for the Name Brand stuff. You can’t smoke and use the patch though…you may get nicotine poisoning, but you won’t want a smoke with the patch on...at least I have no desire for one…maybe I’m weird? Check around, and see if some of the drug stores have store brand, and compare prices. Good luck

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Fair enough.... Honestly, I've never looked into it because, up to this point, there's never been a real reason for me to commit to it.

I promised myself that if I ever found myself pregnant, then I'm done. My body is no longer my own, and so I cannot smoke.

Of all the broken-promises I've made to myself over the years, I cannot fathom breaking that one.

The other thing is that I don't know if it's the actual nicotine, or the habit of smoking.. the physical movement, the knowledge that there are 'certain times' to smoke (after dinner, after work, twice as much before work
).

A few times, I've assuaged myself with just having a cigarette in my mouth... not smoking it, but just holding it. Then of course I take a drag and am peeved that it's not lit... and sad when it's gone.

I'm fairly certain that this isn't helping your cravings, so I'm sorry if I'm torturing you to some extent. 'Twas not my intention.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Greetings all! Cravings weren't bad at all today, didn't put on the patch til I got annoyed by something during lunch, but that is something I need to work on not allowing myself to get stressed out over, so I was at least conscious of that. The weirdest thing? Coming home, opening that beer, and then realizing that I can't have a cigarette.

*slaps patch*

Jen! I hope everthing is going well for you. Sorry that the dreams haven't been very interesting.
Maybe it will catch up, all I know is that my dreams were INSANE.

Diseria, they are expensive at some places, but sometimes you can find off-brands or sales that make them cheaper. I don't find that I need mine all the time though. I am probably wearing mine for about 8 hours a day. It covers my busiest period at work, and my time at home. I just wish I could figure out what to do with my hands.

It truly makes me paranoid, am I going to develop a limp wrist or something now?? Am I going to be flailing my hands around? Oh please no!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Diseria: Only you can decide when you are ready to do it. I think you just have to get to a certain point, where enough is enough! I think smoking is just as much a mental habit, as it a nicotine habit. I think the mental part of it is much harder to overcome that the physical addiction.

Josh: You know why I’m wearing my patch all day? Because it stops the “WTF do I do with hands thing” and also… No food cravings and excessive eating on the patch. It’s very much like a regular Jen day, minus the smokes…and that makes me very happy

I’m having a great day…. smoke free
I’m proud of you Josh! You’re just like a little brother to me. If you think you need to Josh, put the patch on first thing in the morning, and remove it before bed…try it…No hand flailing here.

Who knows...Maybe I'll have crazy dreams tonight? I remember dreaming more last night, Or, I just remembered more of my dreams last night? I don't usually remember middle of the night dreams.....Just the last dream I have before waking is what I can usually recall

XOXOXOX

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Another day.

Hey Jen! How are things going with you? I tried the patch today starting in the morning, and I did find it to be very helpful. I think I'm just going to skip wearing it while I sleep. All went well today though, and now of course, I am coughing a lot, but I expect that, just my body reacting again.

A pattern I noticed is having a beer. That's when it really hits me. Sitting back after work with that first beer is the biggest craving time I have. So I'm going to skip the first beer, get some extra things done, and come back later with a glass of scotch.

How are things going with you, Jen?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Another day.

Hey Jen! How are things going with you? I tried the patch today starting in the morning, and I did find it to be very helpful.

Isn't it though! It was night and day difference for me. When this weeks 14 mg patches are gone, I'll start with the 7 mg, step three. I talked to a friend last night, (I didn't know she quit smoking!) She said she needed 3 weeks on the step three. I guess that can be played around with… when I get there.... see what works for me. I only have a weeks worth of level 3, I may have to get some more. Yep, another day Josh, and I'm still smoke free...I'm so proud of Us!

A pattern I noticed is having a beer. That's when it really hits me. Sitting back after work with that first beer is the biggest craving time I have. So I'm going to skip the first beer

Good deal...skip that first beer, and go right to the second one

How are things going with you, Jen?

Well last night, I went to one of my friend’s houses...and her husband smokes. I didn't have one, nor did I want one, but the one thing I noticed was how much damn nicotine is in the actual smoke! I had my patch on, and having to breath that smoke...I really became very nauseated. I though "OH NO!! Am I getting nicotine poisoning?" Tingly head, feeling almost faint...and sick to my stomach. I couldn't wait to get out of there, and man did my clothes smell badly when I got home. I had to take a shower; I couldn't stand it, because it was making me sick. Man those Patches are Good!

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Isn't it though! It was night and day difference for me. When this weeks 14 mg patches are gone, I'll start with the 7 mg, step three. I talked to a friend last night, (I didn't know she quit smoking!) She said she needed 3 weeks on the step three. I guess that can be played around with… when I get there.... see what works for me. I only have a weeks worth of level 3, I may have to get some more. Yep, another day Josh, and I'm still smoke free...I'm so proud of Us!

I'm finding on this round (since I had quit Christmas, and only shortly reverted back, that Step 2 this time is being a great thing. It is like I weaned off enough the first time, to practically start on step 2. I am exceptionally proud of us, too!

Good deal...skip that first beer, and go right to the second one

As I typed that earlier post, I was thinking the same thing, and pondering the idea if not would one beer, automatically be your first, regardless of the passing of alleged "first beer"?

Well last night, I went to one of my friend’s houses...and her husband smokes. I didn't have one, nor did I want one, but the one thing I noticed was how much damn nicotine is in the actual smoke! I had my patch on, and having to breath that smoke...I really became very nauseated. I though "OH NO!! Am I getting nicotine poisoning?" Tingly head, feeling almost faint...and sick to my stomach. I couldn't wait to get out of there, and man did my clothes smell badly when I got home. I had to take a shower; I couldn't stand it, because it was making me sick. Man those Patches are Good!

Yep. Monday I'm taking everthing I own to the washateria and getting it all done at once. It is horrible to smell smoke now.

Jen, thank you so much. You being here doing this with me is really helping a lot. I appreciate this so much!

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Jen, thank you so much. You being here doing this with me is really helping a lot. I appreciate this so much!

I feel exactly the same way about you. I'm so glad you stumbled onto this thread, and said "Let's do this together" Even touching base with you everyday...is so helpful and encouraging.

XOXOXOX

[edit on 2/10/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
wooo good luck to you, i havnt read the whole thread but i wish you lots of luck!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Today was the easiest day yet! I have had a few cravings, but I have a rubber band on my wrist. I snap it each craving (the rubber band, not my wrist).

How are things going with you, Jen? I'm hoping well. How are your dreams going?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm still here with ya Josh! I am having dreams, and remembering them as I stated earlier.., and not my usually kind of dream. Last night I awaoke in the middle of the night thinking some maniac had robbed my house. It's happened to me before, so that dream seemed pretty darn real. The bastard even stole my sewing machine in this dream... And yes, my sewing machine got stolen when I really got robbed that one time too.

I just awoke from a nice, and lazy Sunday nap. I still have my patch on, no fidgeting, and no cravings! I have been drinking a lot of water though.
Is this your day off Josh? Maybe that's why that rubberband came in handy? Too much idle time...........

Yesterday I was singin a lot while I was cleaning house, and I've already noticed I can hit those high notes again, and hold them much longer. I'm going to give that Jazz singing daughter of mine a run for her money the next time she pops by

I'm proud of us Josh we really are going to get this done once and for all!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Yesterday I was singin a lot while I was cleaning house, and I've already noticed I can hit those high notes again, and hold them much longer. I'm going to give that Jazz singing daughter of mine a run for her money the next time she pops by

Excellent Jen,this made me smile.

I'm proud of us Josh we really are going to get this done once and for all!
Sounds like your kicking Butts Jen and Josh

Big big thumbs up to you both,your being inspirational to all as well,to show it can be done

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thank you gps777...I am kicking butt! I really am

My buddy Josh, could use some encouragement today
Seems he's been tempted by something that triggered him! Root him on like you guys did for me last week That really is helpful, and I've already sent him a book sized U2U

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Weird I had a dream about smoking the other night, also it included scuba diving and a chocolate bar with m&ms in it, and a king sized snickers...

I think I might be becoming a prophet

ps: and a hummer, a huge red hummer, so large it took me a while to climb up it to get inside..

pps: keep it up y'all

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You know how sometimes you wake up after the previous night of drinking and think, "oh my god! i did that?"

It was foolish to put myself around all those different triggers at one time. I've never felt guilty puffing before, but boy did I feel bad. Of course, I was in a bar, eating pizza, surrounded by smokers, and being told by a friend about how she hated living here.

Can we say trigger?

Back on today, got the patch, got that herbal stop smoking stuff. It was just that moment that made me crave. Smartly, I threw the pack away. Then I got angry for wasting the money on a pack in the first place. :bnghd:

Thanks Jen! Your u2u helped greatly. I was guilty.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Remember how we promised to each other the night before..."Honesty" I do appreciate your honesty Josh, otherwise I never would have known
You could have gotten off Scott free
But instead you sent me that U2U...because you really do want to quit

It's that....."Having someone to be Accountable to" thing that also helps keep us on the right path.

This is where I have to quote........

Originally posted by spacedoubt

(that nicotine rush was good tho, wasn't it?) damn nicotine..

[edit on 2/12/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I think I might be becoming a prophet

I always suspected as much.

pps: keep it up y'all

You too!

Jen yes, honesty is key. What's the use of "quitting" if we're not really quitting.

You rock! And as always I appreciate your support. I'm off of work today, and I'm gonna just be lazy. Maybe I'll wash some dishes and see if I can get my jazzy voice, too!

*Nina Simone eat your heart out*

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hanging in there Josh?

I saw there was a tornado somewhere not far from you. Hope all is well.

I went all last night with out a patch…I slept really well too. This morning I decided I was ready to move down to a level 3, “7 mg. patch” I’m feeling good, still smoke free.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Short note from the peanut gallery.

Great going, both of you!
I don't think it's a good idea to put two "B" words together in this case, so I will seperate them.

It's always good to have at least one Buddy, when kicking the Butts.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Hanging in there Josh?

Oh yes. I am getting through fine. I'm wearing the step 2 patch still. Avoiding all those little things that were tempting me.

I saw there was a tornado somewhere not far from you. Hope all is well.
Yes, absolutely stupifying to see a tornado actually go through an area in the city itself. I haven't ever heard of one in this area (or at least a serious one). I had to work the farmer's market yesterday, too, which is about 8 blocks from one of the touchdown points. So needless to say, after spending the early am hours baking by candlelight, then talking to so many people that for the second time in two years lost the use of their homes, I was stressed, but didn't feel the urge for a smoke. I did however, at about 5pm, feel the urge for a beer.

No damage on my area though (thank goodness), we just went without power for about 6 hours (which is nothing really new, either.) lol

I went all last night with out a patch…I slept really well too. This morning I decided I was ready to move down to a level 3, “7 mg. patch” I’m feeling good, still smoke free.

I've been wearing mine while I sleep, only because I usually forget to take them off before I crawl into bed. Dreams are starting to get wierd again
, which makes me happy. Though they freak me out, I must admit enjoying having these ultra-trippy dreams each night.

Going to step 3? That's awesome! Just remember, if you feel like it isn't working as well, and you are starting to crave, switch back to that #2 patch fast! In fact, as a suggestion, why don't you carry a #2 in your purse/pocket so if it does get rough for some reason, you can always slap it on quick!

*sending positive energy your way*

[edit on 2/14/07 by niteboy82]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join