It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will fight America next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I've been studying American military history and I noticed a rather significant pattern in the countries that the U.S. tends to get into military hostilities with.

With all the talk going on between my country and Iran, popular opinion says we will get into war with them. I do not agree with this, however. In a nutshell, the U.S. is in no condition for a war against Iran of any kind. Regardless of whether troops enter Iran or not, the war will be a strategic disaster for the U.S. President Bush knows it, PNAC knows it, the entire right-wing is smart enough to know it deep down inside.

History also comes into play here. Look at history and note that with the exception of Iraq in 2003, the U.S. has never gone to war with a country that was openly engaging America is hostile dialogue and saber-rattling. In other words, if it was very public knowledge that we were hostile with another country, as it is now with Iran, we do not go to war with them. Look as far back as World War I. Nobody ever imagined we'd fight Germany. Even more people never imagined we would fight another, more devastating world war 20 years later. That was a total shock to everyone.

Korea, Vietnam, the entire country could never find the two countries on a map. In the Cold War, the overriding thought was an invasion of Germany by the Warsaw Pact or a dive into Iran and Saudi Arabia. Grenada, Panama, totally random, and Iraq was a friend to us before 1990. Except for those in the know, these wars seemed to come out of nowhere in the minds of the overwhelming majority of America.

My point is, information and public knowledge matters when it comes to warfare. Iran is clearly prepared for a U.S. attack, so it makes no military sense whatsoever to fight a war with a country like that. As much as Iran is the crown jewel of U.S. foreign policy, it simply is not advantageous to go after them.

So, who is next? The criteria has to be that the country is relatively under the radar, is of some strategic importance, is underdeveloped, especially in its military, so on, and so forth. A prime example that comes to mind in Venezuela.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well the Coalition has bitten off more then it can chew in Iraq and in order to prevent Syria and Iran from aiding the insurgents the war may have to be expanded into those country's. Having said that I don't think we will see anything more then air strikes , border inclusions and Special forces ops in both Iran and Syria.

join