It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Purpose .. Our Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here's my take...

we were put on this earth to experience (we are the lucky ones that were chosen for this rare opportunity to experience life on earth)..basically a vacation for our true selves.. how we decide to experience earth iin the flesh is up to us.. if we kill or committ bad acts, our law systems punish us (a creation by man), not GOD or Satan. Despite how WE CHOOSE to live our lives (good or bad), the minute we die.. our expereince is over (Its pretty much like GAME OVER in a video game). There is no heaven or hell.. we reincarnate again to experience something different somewhere else (a different planet, etc)..

our lives are basically trial and error.. we create our reality. And we have indeed created reality.. one where the world has gone to hell with all the technology, religion, politics, world leaders, MONEY, etc that we have. People are looked down upon in society because of their looks and social status. Our world is one big piling steam of # right now.

Imagine our world without GREED, RACISM, or FEAR. That is how our experience should be; one where we can wake up each day and love ourselves, neighbors, and nature.. without any worries whatsoever. No pressure or stress of fitting in with society..Religion has divided humanity rather than bring it together. For ex. Muslims are looked down upon because of a bunch of idiots who decided to use the Holy Kuran as an excuse for killing. There are many radical christians who take the bible literally, and take their beliefs to dangerous levels. Jews are looked down upon as well...etc etc. The only way to put humanity back into order is through some kind of major disastrous event that would unite humanity together and that would make money, religion, etc.. a thing of the past.. this is my hope for 2012. I'm not afraid of death and whether we evolve consciously or experience a HUGE loss of lives to achieve this state.. it is for the better so I'm looking foward to it!

btw..sorry for the bad grammar.. jus spilling my thoughts out.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by sager]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well, it would sure be nice if you're theory was true. After we die - instead of an eternity spent in hell or just simply disappearing from every level of existence there is - we get reincarnated to have another go at life.

Unfortunately, that sounds a lot like wishful thinking to me.

And bugger religion. Who needs it? I think people who devote their lives to something or someone who in all probability doesn't even exist is just plain sad. I know a lot of people that believe in a god, but don't let it get to their heads. If everyone could just stay at that level, this planet would be a much much happier place.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks

And bugger religion. Who needs it?

God?

But, do we need God?

me thinks we do, but i'm not sure if i have any basis for comparison.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sager
That is how our experience should be; one where we can wake up each day and love ourselves, neighbors, and nature.. without any worries whatsoever.

What is stopping you from doing that now? Gandhi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world." (or something like that anyway.)

Your life is a reflection of your perspective on it, if you go around seeing things as being terrible, they inherently will be.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You know, I'm not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination, but I sure as hell wouldn't call myself an atheist or even an agnostic, and I don't understand the unbridled, blind hatred that professed atheists have for religion.

Invariably, atheists feel threatened whenever anyone discusses religion. The great majority of atheists (who are still a tiny minority) have very little to offer the discussion from a philosophical standpoint; indeed, without religion for them to attack, atheists have NO philosophy. It's quite ironic, isn't it, that atheists are utterly dependent on religion for their every opinion. Without the Bible, most self-professed atheists have no fuel whatsoever.

How does religion affect you if you are not a religious person? How does a public prayer threaten the tiny little 5% minority of atheists who profess no religious conviction? Well, it has no impact at all. The hypocrisy, as I see it, is that most self-professed "atheists" cannot survive philosophically without attacking religion. And, if they can't survive without religion (at least as a target of their malcontent), then they are theists, are they not?

I pose that the truest atheists — those who truly conduct their lives without even acknowledging God, those who are not influenced by belief in God — actually comprise a much smaller minority than 5%.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/6/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
well here's a little something on that 2012 part

survive2012.com...

new topics

top topics

join