It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster than the speed of light?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Very interesting, indeed. Is he saying that galaxies are their own entity with their own mass? I don't know how that could be true, because the gravitational pull would vary depending on the configuration of each individual star, planet, black holes, etc. From what I understand about all this, in the center of most, if not all, galaxies, there sits a supermassive black hole, picking away what gets too close, growing larger and larger. Bodies that are on the far side of the black hole from us would lessen the pull of the black hole that it has on us, albeit very little. Where is the boundary that separates the galaxy from space? Mass is proportional to gravity. I am not sure exactly where I'm going with this, but maybe it'll help somebody try to figure this stuff out.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
like I said if I understand it correctly, the speed of light rule is a localized phenomena.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
well if the speed of light is relative to the observer etc...

then, the old 'if han solo turned on the falcons headlights at lightspeed what would happen?' question, would the ship not be doing lightspeed to an outside observer but their relative speed compared to the headlights be negligable and they would see the light project out as if it was normal?

or do i just really need sleep?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whargoul

Originally posted by Dr X
Re: fan travelling > c

Einstein said that objects with mass (travelling in space-time), could not go faster than c becuase it takes infinite energy to accelerate them. Massless particles, photons, gravitons always travel at c.

I am no physics (quantum or otherwise) expert, but I find the whole can't go faster then light thing hard to stomach. Here seems to be the 2 hold backs: energy and mass. These are the 2 things that hold us (or anything) back right? What if zero point energy was a reality and infinite amounts of energy WERE available? Would faster then light travel then be possible?

So back to the OPs device. If it had infinite energy and were constructed of some crazy kryptonian metal (I don't know where infinite structural strength would come from but lets go with it), and the center was set to rotate at light speed, wouldn't the tips be faster? There just doesn't seem to be anyway to get around that, anything away from the center would have to move at a faster rate of travel?

So I guess what I am trying to understand is if energy were limitless or infinite, would that break Einstein’s theory?

thats exactly why he stated that there was no possible way to exceed the speed of light. there is only so much energy that can be stored at any given time.
also, although in everyday practicallity, 2x the energy means 2 times the speed, this is not technically the case. if we were to graph energy versus the expelled speed, we would find that it is a curve with the asymptote being the speed of light.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
As I understand it a galaxy with or without a black hole at its center (and that seems to be moot since most do) has its own mass that is pulled forward by the stretching of space far beyond the speed of light but within any given galaxy light traveling between points travels at the speed limit.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
That is not true according to the theory of relativity. E=MC2 so if you are an Einstienian, you will see his loophole. In order for there to be electricity...ie, energy, Mas is accelerated at least twice the speed. It's simple...if it wasn't possible, we wouldn't be here.

That's c squared... The speed of light times the speed of light. It's not a loophole, it's not a measurement of velocity. It's a description of the transformation of matter into energy, and you don't want to be there when it happens.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I see many people "sticked" to the Einstein theory, well it looks that theory could be wrong!, "Einstein himself was aware of these experiments, and admitted that were they proven to be correct, then his theory would collapse."

read the article:

Article

Another Arcticle:

Article2

Another one very interesting:

Why is Einstein wrong?

enjoy

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sorry to reopen this thread but does the galaxy clock theory hold any truth?

ufonasa.terra-ent.com...

The Galaxy Clock is the model used in a new theory in Quantum Physics that will demonstrate how to cause mass (spacecraft) to break Einstein's law and attain light speed and beyond. Einstein's law prohibits any mass from attaining the speed of light (see Steven Hawkings). Basically, his law states that as any spacecraft or mass solid object tries to increase its speed, its mass increases towards infinity due to inertia. As its mass increases with higher velocities, it takes more and more energy to accelerate it. The faster it goes, the more its mass increases and it becomes impossible for it to attain light speed because it would take an infinite amount of energy. Max Planck, the Godfather of Quantum Physics had a theory that gives the basis for a new break-through in Quantum mechanics. Hidden in his code is a secret that could change history. Find out what the hidden code is.

The Galaxy Clock will show us how to reduce an object's (spacecraft's) mass (breaking Einstein's law) and cause it to become as light as a photon's mass (nearly zero). Because mass can now be reduced to Zero, an object's (spacecraft's) mass can now easily glide towards light speed. In this theory we will examine what properties a photon has that allow it to attain light speed and how mass can also attain the same properties. This new theory will show how solid mass (spacecraft) can change frequency and transform into the same frequency as light at attain light speed.
ufonasa.terra-ent.com...

Also another interesting read about this could be the hutchison effect which he clearly shows a way for us to get no mass with his amazing no gravity video.
video.google.com...

Are these both the ways in which UFO's are obtaining their speeds and the reason they are the bright colours we always see them as? Maybe another reason we see them always changing to different colours could be the UFO powering up to hit those higher frequencies and get ready to take off? Many times I have seen in videos when they are going from color to color shortly after this they take off or become invisible.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by leafer]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You can think of it this way; we (matter) exist on a shared time/space continuum. Space and time are perpendicular and the more you immerse yourself in one, the less you pull on the other.
Light as we know it exists almost entirely only in the dimension of space, so even if we were able to propell ourselves up to a fraction of it's speed our mass would cause us to loose the portion the time part of the dimension we live in, slowing time as we experience it.
To a relative observer, we'd be catching up to the light beam, to us, the light would still be moving away at the same rate of speed as if we were still.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've only skimmed this thread, but I found this article recently.

Scientists break the speed of light

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar
670,616,629.2 / 3.14159265 = 213,463,903.158 = Diameter in miles of proposed fan to revolve in one hour to be travelling at the speed of light.

106,731,951.579 = Radius of fan.

Earth = 91,402,725 miles from the sun
Mars = 128,402,967 miles from the sun

Damn, thats a big fan...

It still won't travel faster than lgiht.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
kix,

Dude, your professor was indeed a genius.

By going to the 5th dimension, one is outside the laws and limits of the 4th dimension. (elements within a 4th dimension are limited and trapped by space and time laws of the 4th dimension, 5th by the 5th dimensions, 6th by 6th laws and so on.)

The 4th dimension would look like a comic book to a being in the 5th dimension. A being in the 5th dimension is unaffected by space or time limits in the 4th dimension, it would proabaly seem ageless and eternal to lower dimension beings should it venture there.

A being in the 5th dimension is a God to all those of the 4th dimension. It can flip to any page, chapter or scene, in the 4th Dimension comic, hence it already knows how the whole story or universe goes in comic goes.

It would be able to travle anywhere or any time, (past, pesent, future) in the 4th dimension.

It can even mess with the outcome of a comic by going to the first few pages and telling the elements in the comic the future or how their universe would end and change anything it did not like.

Elements that get destoryed or erased in the 4th dimension may have ethier have no or almost no effect on those of the 5th.

It can even create other 4th dimension comics and link them to which even one they please (new 4th unverises or parallel universes, etc.)

A 5th Dimension being really is a God to the 4th dimension being in almost everyway since it can affect, change, create anything or go anywhere in the 3rd dimension and the 4th dimension is unable to affect it until, unless it decides to go physically into the 4th dimension (I think), I wonder what the 6th dimension is like....

Looks like I am going to draw some 2nd dimension comic universe or lower dimension computer games and play god... heheheeee....

[edit on 10-3-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I read a few posts in this thread and after googleing some points,i came to the temporary conclusion that the speed of light is variable and plays it's role inflicting time abnormals, including the object traveling at light speed and the observer from a relevant distance.

The object traveling at the speed of light would create a distortion in time within it's realm, creating a type of 'pause' in time, relevant to the universe.

Yet the observer would be able to observe the object moving but with a delay of the light reaching the observer relevant to the distance which the object is being observed.

Question: what if the light speed moving object were to propel a light/laser beam in relevance to the direction which such is moving?wouldn't the speed of the beam be c2?

light speed is just mysterious as can be.

i guess i need to go to bed after some crazy brain cracking thoughts of mine

but for those that say the speed of light is the total speed limit and blindly follow what Einstein theory states.here's some more brain munchers for ya's.

faster than a speeding light wave

scientists mess with the speed of light

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Einstein's Special Relativity was pure cuckery. The later General Relativity was a step in the right direction but he was tip toeing around trying not to totally discredit his SRT.

It took me years but I finally stumbled onto a website that believes it like I do.

www.anti-relativity.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
But what would happen if you were able to go faster than the speed of light?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar

Hollow Black holes kid, that's how you do it.

Here's what you do. You take a cylinder that's perfectly symmetrical and make it hollow in a perfect symmetrical way. Then put the same cylinder a bit smaller inside that one. Charge them both to extreme negative charges, and then fill the space between the two with lots of anti protons. When you have a row of these suckers, make another row next it. Make each one rotate at the opposite spin to the one next to it both down the X and Y axis, like this:

/\ \/ /\ \/ /\ \/

\/ /\ \/ /\ \/ /\

Now, connect them to a ship so that it is between them. The gravity of the ship will be 0, with each black hole gravity canceled by the next one. This will create a gravity ring around the ship. A donuts black hole for the simple worded.

When you travel now, the valley of space time that surrounds you in a ring will create a ring of no-time. An area where time does not exist. So if you fire rockets on the ship within, you will literally be on a gravity "hill", where the actions done there are instantaneous to the outside observer. You will travel faster than light relative to the universe, but not relative to yourself. Photons which carry information of your position can never reach you to allow you to slow down because they can't pass over the ring, but neither can you. You will never pass over it wither because the ring is traveling with you. You will literally "surf" space time to your location MANY times the speed of light, but you are not GOING faster than the speed of light. When your done, fire some matter to vaporize the anti protons and eject them into space. The gravity field collapses and you arrive where you want.

How do I know this? Because I do.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The speed of light as a constant..is only a constant, when traveling through a vacuum... For instance, the speed of light through a diamond is half that of the speed of light through a vacuum. At its' slowest, light travels at a sedentary 38 miles per hour through sodium at a temperature near to absolute zero...

In effect. everyone on this board has traveled faster than light at sometime in their life..

Quite how you use the fact that light can be slowed to 38 mph is something we probably won't have the science to exploit for a good while yet. However, it would seem that, at least conceptually, the possibility does exist..

[edit on 15-3-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
no, the light is simply traveling through. It doesn't slow down.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join