It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Turning Tide of Global Warming Opinion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Two years ago when I first joined ATS I was shocked at how many people spoke out and said there was no such thing as Global Warming. This was a new thing to me as I had never encountered anyone who denied GW before. After a lot of research it was revealed to me that the debate on Global Warming was largely an American debate. Sure it wasn’t only Americans who didn’t believe in GW but the debate seemed almost non-existent in other countries.
From there I had learned that in America, Global Warming was part of the ongoing ideological war.
I also learned that big oil companies like Exxon, while making record breaking profits, were also funneling money into organizations that were denying Global Warming.
Today we hear a lot about Global Warming. It is almost like it is being forced down our throats.
But how did we get to this point? How did things change from two years ago? During my two years reading, writing, and studying the subject on ATS I have seen the catalysts that have brought about this change.

The purpose of this post, to show the discussion threads of the events that brought us to this point. I felt we needed an index of Fragile Earth threads showing how we got to this point.

• Hot year for Exxon/Planet February 3rd 2006

• Exxon Funded 'Anti-Greenhouse' Science September 18th 2006

• Exxon Mobile Paid 16 Million Dollars To Mislead about Global Warming January 4th 2007

• Exxon changes GW stance January 12th 2007

• Exxon cuts ties to global warming skeptics January 12th 2007

• U.N. climate report will shock the world! January 25th 2007

• Global Warming: Final Verdict January 25th 2007

• Hundreds of Scientists Claim the White House Played Down Global Warming February 1st 2007

• Bush Administration Says Human Climate Role Now Clear February 2nd 2007

[edit on 9/12/2007 by Umbrax]

• posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:14 PM
    link   
    Thanks for compiling all that together, Umbrax.

Climate change: the last straw on the Earth's back?

It does seem the recent level of hysteria as risen to a crescendo, as if folks think climate change is going to wipe us all out by summer. Is it too much Hollywierdo reality seeping into peoples thoughts?

Maybe we could call it the peak civilization realization effect...

new topics

join