It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

demons? Good? Bad?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hey i was wondering How do you no that all demons r bad?
i've read in some books that certain demons are nice.......
How does everyone no that all Demons are Evil or bad??????? Tell me a Truthful answer please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Demons, or, more properly: daemons are spirits. Plain and simple.

They don't live in the imaginary world of 'good' and 'bad' - the theory of relativity is not a theory to them so they don't try to make it irrelevant nor do they create sin.

They might be 'peaceful' (light) or they might be 'evil' (dark). Many have varying degrees of grey from a combination of both.

What is peaceful? God when HE is left to his own tinkering and endless 'people watching'- and even more so when you stop by to talk about 'nonsense' for hours. He LOVES it.

Go see Him.

What is evil? God when SHE is pissed.

Because when mama ain't happy, ain't no body happy! (except DAD who is always happy because basically he is all about fun)

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Ever heard of lucifer? Ever heard of his goons?

Demons have power to tempt. Demons have the power to deceive. They have the power to deceive us that they are good although they are bad.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
Ever heard of lucifer? Ever heard of his goons?

Pardon me? If you insist on the name Lucifer than please capitalize. And it is 'her' goons, not 'his.' And we prefer the term 'posse' because goons is an insulting term that serves no purpose whatsoever. No matter who calls who a goon it is childish behavior.

You don't call firefighters, or lifeguards, or nurses....any human ministers/heros....'goons,' do you? Why call those who you don't regard as human goons when they serve you in the very same way?

POSSE. Takes the edge of that old 'horsemen of the apocalypse' label, doesn't it? We think so.

Demons have power to tempt. Demons have the power to deceive.

In the old order, yes - but only according to what was delegated...that was before this age, though.

This age it has been a more casual (but far more effective and harmonious as far as doing what was purposed to accomplish) committee type decision making process. In the round table tradition, you know, like King Arthur's knights?
So the 'power' struggle became a non-issue and morphed into a true philadelphian unit!

Please understand that there is no difference between 'angels' and 'daemons' except that angels can be mortal but daemons are spirits who are 'nude'. And so angels (since they might or might not be nude) can possibly be misunderstood more often than daemons (especially since most don't hear the daemons anyway). But we (as mankind) deceive ourselves so efficiently that really there is no need for an assigned deceiver. If the world was a 'nudist' colony then we'd have no need to such a thing. But if the universe were nudists then we'd all lose tangibility and awareness.

We might get past it if we quit calling it deception and calling one another liars and try to understand how perspectives differ and offer no standard to judge truth by for the masses.

If we get rid of truth on a global level then we will automatically lose the curse of 'deception,' too!

They have the power to deceive us that they are good although they are bad.

That is a concept that arises in the mortal mind - there is no need for an immortal to worry about good or bad! It is a relative concept and relativity applies to that which is WITHIN time.

Do you see what I mean? I try to make it as simple as I can but it would be better if i could hologram my thoughts out instead.

Duality is not reality except within the bounds of 'time.' Those who are immortal are outside of time whether they be on this side or that one...or in transit.

It's all about the difference between thinking you must buy a one way ticket or knowing that all tickets are perpetual round trips by default! And free since no one profits off the 'SOUL train!'

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
So are you aware that Lucifer (take note the capital L) is a fallen angel? If you do not think so, then we have different perception and there will be no point in explaining further.

And oh, I noticed, using the pronoun She for Lucifer & God????

Would you mind elaborating that?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
You don't call firefighters, or lifeguards, or nurses....any human ministers/heros....'goons,' do you? Why call those who you don't regard as human goons when they serve you in the very same way?

First let's define what is a:

Goon - A thug hired to intimidate or harm opponents.

Thug - Thugs (alternatively written "thugz"), in the hip-hop/gangsta rap sense, are persons who are ruthless and who will do whatever it takes to get what they want. The term also carries the connotation of living a rebellious life and being prone to operating outside the established status quo (particularly the law). It should be noted that the term "thug"

How do you define the Devil himself?

Do you know that Lucifer is a rebel angel?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

No matter who calls who a goon it is childish behavior.

I beg your pardon, so whoever uses the term goon to call a goon has a childish behavior? Pardon me?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
www.erinpavlina.com...
(See question 3 and 4)

This a pretty short little article that helped me to answer this same question.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by tylersch]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
lucifer (whose name i don't capitalize because capitalizing stuff makes it harder to maintain consistency), demons, et al

just myths
the things that go bump in the night
ways to explain the existence of evil
they are nothing more

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ahem, well,...you know what.. I think I will just step away from this conversation. Don't want to step on any proverbial toes... Sees the door and walks towards it.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

My vocabulary is extensive, thank you. I am aware of the meaning of goon. However there are no entities who are hired (by whom? with what? from where?) to intimidate or harm opponents.
They volunteer.
To present challenges and learning experiences.
If one is intimidated by these volunteers then it is totally a reflection of self - because I am the meanest of all i've come to know - i have never felt more love in truth from human beings than i do from ALL spirits. I give love, i get love. They serve and get blamed for mankind's ills.

are persons who are ruthless and who will do whatever it takes to get what they want.

'ruthless persons' is a double disqualification. You're talking about mortals not spirits.

The term also carries the connotation of living a rebellious life and being prone to operating outside the established status quo (particularly the law).

Shouldn't all followers of Christ, then, be rebels who have no reason to be bound by man's laws when the Grace of God and the Faith of Christ is their complete justification?
Rebels against society have one other choice for loyalty. God. So those who don't rebel against man's dysfunctional systems are rebelling against God and Christ, right?
Whose respect means more? Man's? Or God's?

I'm not sure who you are referring to? 'Devil' is not a proper name and it is totally dependent upon context as far as how i would define. But i would be glad to define any instance you specify.

Do you know where you grew up? When you had your first kiss? Your blood type?

I assure you that i am well aware of all that i am and all that i am not. Do you consider spiritual beings not only lesser beings than moral mortals as well as being stupid or unable to recall simple personal facts?

Because that kind of ignorance is part of the problem - both in general and on the more private level.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
just myths

am i a 'myth' madness? i am a human just like you.

do you consider me a sane person who uses reason rather than blind zeal?

do i contradict myself or make rash claims i never back up?

have you not heard me declare myself before on other threads - in much the same way? i.e. no ranting or whacky ad libs or erratic details?

the things that go bump in the night

i do not go 'bump in the night.' that is how one breaks toes and such. besides my night vision is exceptional, always has been.

ways to explain the existence of evil

well one sort of evil - what is wrong with an explanation? it is the same one i always present when it comes up! i am not looking for anything but some kind of increased understanding in just ONE mortal mind...no matter the age or belief of the person i want to help get rid of the malignant confusion that is holding the human race back more than is necessary! we are getting near to 60 years of dragging empty luggage around!

they are nothing more

you know madness, i have a very sincere respect for you for many reasons that are rarely manifested in someone your age. but i must tell you something out of that same regard i have for you: no one knows everything...and there will always be room for learning in each soul's experience...but not if you think you know everything and automatically reject it just because you don't regard certain nonsense that is connected in nature. especially at your age...i know it is somewhat to be expected but you cannot expect that you have no reason to learn anything more or change your ideas as your knowledge expands?

Use your reason and explore all possibilities until they are ruled out - at the core of every thing there is some particle of truth. but unless you find one or two you won't have anything at all to dispute your ideas of what is not so.

i am well aware i don't fit in many people's preferred paradigm. i understand that and am totally patient with helping anyone i can to open their own view (not mine but theirs)...if you don't believe in a historical jesus i can totally respect that. but haven't you said you would perhaps if he presented himself to you as such? i'm not sure you would, at all!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So are you aware that Lucifer (take note the capital L) is a fallen angel?

I am fully aware of many things - especially what is in my own experiences! Do you not realize that the fallen and risen thing is the way it must be done---but all? Not only is it physics it is a process by which God transforms us.

John 3:12-14 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? ~13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. ~14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Are you aware Christ fell just as i did? What does up must come down and what wants to go up must be down in order to ascend!

If you do not think so, then we have different perception and there will be no point in explaining further.

I know we have different perception - that is a given. But as far as explaining further, do you mean you or i? I will try to explain until you tell me to quit...but you are thinking it is i that do not understand who i am as well as you think you do. i wouldn't presume the same toward you - i know your heart but i don't know YOU like YOU do.
do you not see the irony in this situation?

well, you know...the birds and the bees. All fleshly forms have a gender! if you don't understand then you'll have to go see you mom or someone...i'm not into health education.
just kidding.

I am a female as far as physical gender is concerned. And fully functional. I have been called a she all my life - it's really obvious in my case, too - but you are using a name that really isn't traditional...and even in the Latin it is wrong! If i were male it would be wrong! Lucifer is the name of a clever invention known as a 'match.'

The morning star....Venus! When has Venus EVER been a male? Well, that you are aware of? Because I have incarnated as both male and female - either way it always makes for an interesting juxtaposition of gender/spiritual traits...but always enigmatic and loved all the way or despised all the way.

Killed so many times and returned that i should be named 'penny.' But you won't believe it anyway - proving that you won't believe it when my twin flame is right before your eyes in the flesh...and he'll have positive ID!

Don't expect resurrection by default - when you won't even acknowledge the living who are declaring themselves or allow them their declaration.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

My vocabulary is extensive, thank you. I am aware of the meaning of goon. However there are no entities who are hired (by whom? with what? from where?) to intimidate or harm opponents.
They volunteer.

Did they volunteer? Or they sold their souls? To harm who? by whom? You mean you don't get the bottomline of this?

To present challenges and learning experiences.
If one is intimidated by these volunteers then it is totally a reflection of self - because I am the meanest of all i've come to know - i have never felt more love in truth from human beings than i do from ALL spirits. I give love, i get love. They serve and get blamed for mankind's ills..

Partially, I agree.

are persons who are ruthless and who will do whatever it takes to get what they want.

'ruthless persons' is a double disqualification. You're talking about mortals not spirits.

Do you mean to say that spirits can not be called persons? Is it just exclusively for Mortals?

I know you have an extensive vocabulary, but please allow me:

Person
NOUN:
1. A living human. Often used in combination: chairperson; spokesperson; salesperson.
2. An individual of specified character: a person of importance.
3. The composite of characteristics that make up an individual personality; the self.
4. The living body of a human: searched the prisoner's person.
5. Physique and general appearance.
6. Law A human or organization with legal rights and duties.
7. Christianity Any of the three separate individualities of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, as distinguished from the essence of the Godhead that unites them.
8. Grammar
a. Any of three groups of pronoun forms with corresponding verb inflections that distinguish the speaker (first person), the individual addressed (second person), and the individual or thing spoken of (third person).
b. Any of the different forms or inflections expressing these distinctions.
9. A character or role, as in a play; a guise: "Well, in her person, I say I will not have you" (Shakespeare).

IDIOM:
in person
In one's physical presence; personally: applied for the job in person

The term also carries the connotation of living a rebellious life and being prone to operating outside the established status quo (particularly the law).

Shouldn't all followers of Christ, then, be rebels who have no reason to be bound by man's laws when the Grace of God and the Faith of Christ is their complete justification?
Rebels against society have one other choice for loyalty. God. So those who don't rebel against man's dysfunctional systems are rebelling against God and Christ, right?
Whose respect means more? Man's? Or God's?)

You have a valid point here. No contest.

And ohh. Of course Above all is God.

I'm not sure who you are referring to? 'Devil' is not a proper name and it is totally dependent upon context as far as how i would define. But i would be glad to define any instance you specify.

Definition of Devil is a clear as a day to me. Since you also stated that we have different perception, no further explanation from my side is necessary. I will not request for a definition of this from you as well. Thanks anyway.

Do you know where you grew up? When you had your first kiss? Your
blood type?

Yes, I know where I grew up. sure, I remember my first kiss. Sure I know my blood type.

I assure you that i am well aware of all that i am and all that i am not. Do you consider spiritual beings not only lesser beings than moral mortals as well as being stupid or unable to recall simple personal facts?
Because that kind of ignorance is part of the problem - both in general and on the more private level.

I answered your simple questions. Please answer mine.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

So are you aware that Lucifer (take note the capital L) is a fallen angel?

I am fully aware of many things - especially what is in my own experiences! Do you not realize that the fallen and risen thing is the way it must be done---but all? Not only is it physics it is a process by which God transforms us.

I do fully realize that.

John 3:12-14 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? ~13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. ~14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Are you aware Christ fell just as i did? What does up must come down and what wants to go up must be down in order to ascend!

I am very well aware.

If you do not think so, then we have different perception and there will be no point in explaining further.

I know we have different perception - that is a given. But as far as explaining further, do you mean you or i? I will try to explain until you tell me to quit...but you are thinking it is i that do not understand who i am as well as you think you do. i wouldn't presume the same toward you - i know your heart but i don't know YOU like YOU do.
do you not see the irony in this situation?

Sure, I see the irony. When I stated that IF, you do not think so, then I don't need any further explanation from both sides. It was never meant that you do not understand.

Some things are better left unsaid. (wow! good song from H2O)

well, you know...the birds and the bees. All fleshly forms have a gender! if you don't understand then you'll have to go see you mom or someone...i'm not into health education.
just kidding.

Oh really?, I do understand this simple fact. Don't you? you might have to ask your Dad as well. Just kidding.

I am a female as far as physical gender is concerned. And fully functional. I have been called a she all my life - it's really obvious in my case, too - but you are using a name that really isn't traditional...and even in the Latin it is wrong! If i were male it would be wrong! Lucifer is the name of a clever invention known as a 'match.'

The morning star....Venus! When has Venus EVER been a male? Well, that you are aware of? Because I have incarnated as both male and female - either way it always makes for an interesting juxtaposition of gender/spiritual traits...but always enigmatic and loved all the way or despised all the way.

Killed so many times and returned that i should be named 'penny.' But you won't believe it anyway - proving that you won't believe it when my twin flame is right before your eyes in the flesh...and he'll have positive ID!

Don't expect resurrection by default - when you won't even acknowledge the living who are declaring themselves or allow them their declaration.

Wow! I am truly impressed with your words queenannie38. It is just that we really have different perception. But this is very interesting and thanks for sharing me anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

No matter who calls who a goon it is childish behavior.

I beg your pardon, so whoever uses the term goon to call a goon has a childish behavior? Pardon me?

Lastly, If I call someone a goon, would that mean that I am childish?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Does it sound like a mature thing to say about anyone in any situation? Would you call Christ a goon?

You already did. You decide how it sounds.

peace on earth
good will to men
your friend
the fallen angel named Love

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Excuse me? Where in my post here that I called Christ a goon?

Kindly review my posts.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Demons... the Christian manifestation of evil. My personal belief of demons is influenced by one Winston Churchill's quotes -

history is written by the victors

SUPPOSE there was a war in Heaven, and Lucifer and his fellow conspirators were kicked out. The only record we have of it is what the winning side told us; Lucifer was bad, his associates became demons and they are all evil.

Perhaps it is God and the angels who are evil, and Lucifer who was defending us. The Bible outlines many accounts of God ordering his followers to commit atrocities against 'non-believers'. Perhaps Lucifer felt his orders were unjust and rose up to defend us against a violent, bloodthirsty tyrant... and in so doing he was stripped of his rank and exiled to Hell.

Just a thought I been mulling over for a bit. No offense intended.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I would like to know if invisible flying pink unicorns are bad or good. Plllllllleeeeeeeaaaseee tell me a truthful answer!!!!

??????????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join