It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Sleep Abductions - Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
These are my thoughts on why I believe most alien abductions are thought to be real by the "Abductees" but in reality can be explained through modern science. Although there are always those strange ones that no one can explain for all you believers.

First of all if you are to look at most cases of alien abductions (Greys to whatever species your mind can think of), the abducted person is usually comfortably in his or her bed asleep or in a near sleep state. The “abductees” also report not being able to move during this experience.

When you fall into a heavy sleep or just before falling asleep your body begins to slowly drift into a heavy sleep state called “REM sleep”, en.wikipedia.org... , your body becomes paralyzed at this stage for a good reason. It stops you from getting up and walking around and falling down and hurting yourself.

This is a good thing because during REM sleep your brain naturally produces a drug called '___'. This drug is one of the most illegal drugs in North America and can be extracted by almost any organic plant or animal with any chem. set. [A WORD OF CAUTION - In no way do I support the use of this drug] This drug is a hallucinogen and the effects or "trips" of this drug are out of body experiences where people have reported experiencing rebirth, death, being visited by begins of every shape and size, glowing lights, flashing lights, walls look metallic or walls look like weird geometric shapes…the list goes on and on. Basically '___' is the drug that makes you dream. It makes you see, feel and sense the dream world your mind creates. Most of us know how real dreams may seem sometimes and how uncontrollable they become. But shortly after waking up from a bad dream we seem to forget a lot that happened in the dream. We only seem to remember key points in the dream. This is because the effects of '___' are very short lived and cause for short term memory loss.

So, back to abductions… If someone were in a deep REM sleep and suddenly awoke for whatever reason, the effects of '___' would still be active for a short period of time. Their body would be paralyzed because your body naturally doesn’t want you to hurt yourself by acting out the dream. The visuals are so intense the person experiencing them believes what they are seeing is so real, they are scared by whatever image they see for the rest of their lives. No matter what these “aliens” did to them or where they “took” them, '___' can perfectly replicate this real life scenario with out of this world phenomena’s added into the mix.

After they decide to tell someone about there experience they seem to only recall the key things they saw such as “There were little beings and a space ship” and “I know this really happened because it was metallic and I could see what these little creatures looked like, they were all around me.” To most people this would sound like the person was crazy. But if they were to experience the effects of '___' for themselves I wouldn’t doubt if they believed everything they saw was real.

As far as people getting hypnotized to try and remember what happened, it is simply the minds imagination that kicks in and tries to recount what happened and even makes things up to put all the puzzle pieces together.

A good example of the effects of '___' is this link, where Joe Rogan from Fear factor recounts his use of '___'. Make note of the book he recommend to read if you are still interested in sleep disordered and the effects of '___'.

www.filecabi.net...

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Nerve]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
his had been posted before. But thanks,it is interesting.

Maybe someone can explain this ?

I have something to say about REM. If it means rapid eye movement while asleep ? I know of 3 people (they are related) who sometimes sleep with their eyes partailly open. I''d say they are open about 3/8 of an inch. You can see their eyes, and i can tell you, they do not move. They are centered in a fixed position. They are sleeping soundly, even snoring. It was freaky to see, when I saw the frst one doiing it, then i saw the other one does it. Last week I was told by a friend, the third person does it as well. They aren't pretending to sleep, I have known the second one since a baby & he/she did it then.

I have been at a nursery in a hospital some years ago, and there were these babies, who slept with their eyes wide open. not moving them. We thought they were awake. The nurse said to stop staring at them, said tbey were asleep, to which we replied they aren't ! She said they have downs syndrome, and that is how they sleep. Not sure how true this is, but that is what she said, and that is what these babies were doing.
The above mentioned 3, are not mentally or physically disabled, and have good vision.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think this effect probably accounts for many of these encounters.

I can't count the number of times I have had extremely clear dreams, where I remember seeing my little dream world as pristinely as I see the real world for a little while, but I was always lucky enough to know when I was just dreaming after I woke up. I wonder if some people don't have that.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Intersting, I wonder if this neurochemical is particularly related to instances of Sleep Paralysis?

I have to say, taking any neurochemicals illicitly is a pretty stupid thing to do. The brain is a organ that is regulated by chemistry, dumping weird outside amounts of chemicals onto it is generally a bad idea.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Everyones brain produces '___', the brain would not produce something that is not healthy or natural for it. Smoking the same chemical should have the same effect but heavy use is probably not good for you.

No one is sure why REM sleep is nessasary. In the second link I provided Joe explains how without dreams you would go crazy and die?

Not too sure on that one but, I do know as well as Joe states that not only while u dream is the chemical produced but just before you die high doeses of '___' are pumped into your brain which causes that tunnel effect that people claim. You know "I see the light at the end of the tunnel."

Fairly intresting stuff I think

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Good post.

I was just reading the abductee stories in the Communion Letters book and about 80% of them can be explained by lucid dreams and sleep paralysis.

That isn't to say that it wasn't something more sinister, but i think if there is a logical explanation for something that it should be what we look at first.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerve

Hi. This is all in my profession. Both Physical and Mental Health. We need R.E.M sleep to solve our ' Awake ' issues. As in someone may feel something is not right about something, they don't even realize they don't think it is right. It is almost like seeing something in your peripheral vision but never fully seeing what it was. Dreams are to answer things like that.
Or even, say you cannot think of a way to make a speech or what you need to make your computer run at optimal speed, etc.
You go to sleep, and you wake up in the morning just knowing how you will make that speech or where to look for and find settings to make your computer run faster.
I have been in the medical profession for more years than I care to admit.
I've worked pediatrics.
It was not ONLY downs syndrome babies, and it was not ALL down syndrome babies. Any baby can sleep with their eyes open, or not.
But as for teens, or adults, people who have been abused in someway, caught off guard, traumatized, etc, it may or may not be in their daily subconscious thoughts, but subconsciously, they CAN hypnotize themselves to sleep as one old adage puts it, " With one eye open, the other closed. "
Only it is not really like that, the eyes are usually half mast as you stated.
Those people may go through a lot of eye drops or not, depending on how healthy they are otherwise.
Some people are so frightened to go to sleep they will sleep with their eyes open and not even realize it.

So we need sleep and dreams to sort through our wake times. Most dreams may not seem related to a person's thoughts, worries, fears, etc, but they generally are.
No matter how weird.
Like a husband or wife who dreams they are the one driving for a change and not the other, it means they feel like their lives are being driven by the other person and find freedom, and need to drive themselves, literally. Or it could just be a dream.
Without 4 days of R.E.M sleep, though some are more susceptible much quicker, we would begin having hallucinations that are in essence, dreaming while we are awake.
It really does NOT cause a person to go crazy or go crazy and commit suicide though when one does not dream, they feel sleep deprived and are over tired even if they had 8 hours of sleep. But usually, everyone, when asleep or not will dream in one way or another, even day dreams are dreams.
Sleep Paralysis? It is an umbrella term as there are so very many different causes to sleep paralysis, some may be so from natural causes, others, unknown outside causes.
Sometimes a chemical OR hormonal imbalance.
Of course Sleep Paralysis of ANY kind can usually be found out by going to a sleep disorder clinic. Just don't freak if your personal sleep paralysis is do to more a ' Supernatural ' reason.
It is then that hypnotist's are brought in, these days, usually a Psychologist, Psychiatric Nurse, another Hypnotist or a witness of the person's choosing will be brought into the duration of it. One reason is to verify the Hypnotist is asking subjective, open ended questions. The other reason is to verify the subject is not lead into false memories by making sure directed questions for recounts of a subject are asked in a subjective, non-leading, open ended manner, why the person is experiencing sleep paralysis.
Three, so the subjective does not feel threatened. The subject should always feel safe. And more reasons...
They also usually make recordings of the sessions.
So those who do go to a hypnotist, I would make certain these 2 main things are involved: A Witness and a recording. Otherwise? Change hypnotists cause you will not be getting any true answers of what you are really experiencing or what you really need. Or you may not exactly be safe either.
Good topic though. ThankQ ~Star~

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I regularly experience "sleep paralysis", even seeing weird figures while in this state, and I by no means feel like I am being abducted by aliens during this. A lot of weird things happen and I can definitely see how some people would take this as an abduction or paranormal but I think it mostly can be explained by scientific explanation of sleeping patterns.

new topics

top topics

join