It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Anunnaki? Why now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
First off....let me just say this is my first topic on ATS....so be gentle.

Ok...so I was thinking.When I first came to ATS I was very interested in ET's/UFO's.Still am.However,after hanging around for a few months I started noticing a strange subject appearing the UFO forum......Anunnaki.

See,before coming to ATS I still held the "mainstream" theories of most Americans.We are being visited by alien spacecraft driven by little Grey men.It started with Roswell,there were bodies at Area 51 etc.

After joining up here,and reading some of the Anunnaki topics,I started to wonder..."Why have I never heard of these Anunnaki before?".

Lately after reading several great threads on the Sumerian origins of the Anunnaki I've been sucked into the topic as well.So earlier I was thinking about it,and I started wondering....When did the Anunnaki come into play?

I used to research ufo's all the time on the net,and not once did I ever see the name Anunnaki until I came to ATS.I just thought I'd put a few questions out there for the ATS audience,and see what happens.

So.....

1.When did this theory of Anunnaki start propagating on popular internet sites?

2.Why hasn't the mainstream caught up to the theory? Most movies,and things still hold to ye olde Grey theory.

3.Why now? Why has the Anunnaki subject been getting so much attention as of late?

4.Are the Anunnaki just an evolution/elaboration on the Greys?

5.Do you think the Anunnaki theory is worth looking in to for serious ufo/et investigations?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am not sure what information was presented to you but I found a video by a guy named jason martell from xfacts.com and he is focused on the anunnaki and his theories mostly based on science do not seem so "out there" to me. but check out xfacts.com or search for jason martell on google video, very interesting indeed.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the info timedrifter.I'll be sure and do that as soon as I get a chance.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
From the impression i have gotten, in my studies and researches ...it apears that the Annunaki and Nephelim of the Bible are one and the same race.
How they may be described by differing cultures is moot compared to what there is agreeing with each other.
How alike the Gods of olympus and the figures in the baghagvad gita of india. the red haired gods of south america who dissapeared to the west...etc etc,,,
It seems a lot of story book ledgends from different cultures talk of the same influx of godlike beings withb great power at the same epoch of many civilizations of the world...and some since

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Just to give you more search material: Though it is discounted by many scholars, some ancient astronaut theorists such as Zecharia Sitchin, Laurence Gardner and David Icke claim that the Anunnaki were in fact extra-terrestrials who came to Earth in antiquity and created or tampered with the genetic makeup of primitive mankind. They propose various readings of the word, two of which are "anu-na-ki" and "an-unnak-ki", both translated something like 'those who came from heaven to Earth'.[3] (Very similar to the Raëlian translation of Elohim.)

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I shan't mention TOO much on this subject as i'll proberbly get shouted at by other ATS members who fancy them self as self riteous scholars....which is fine, they hold alot of info,...but will NOT entertain the idea of the Anunnaki being ETs.

The basic idea of the Anunnaki being ETs stems from the idea (of which i believe.... TO AN EXTENT) that civilisation before us, held TRUTH in there beliefs which have been corrupted and filtered into "stories" "religion" and "superstition".

Here is a link to WIKI's write up on the Anunnaki....

WIKI ......Anunnaki

And heres a few VIDS if yer bored......first one is about Sumerians (consumer science of course).....And the rest are just things pertaining to ancient civiliastions knowing ALOT more than we give them credit for.

Sumerian origin of humans

Graham Hancock....Quest for lost civilisations PT 1
PART 2
PART 3

The GREAT YEAR...(about ancient knowledge of Procession)

The Secret Of Te Sphinx.........VERY INTERSTING!!!!

Magical Egypt PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7

The Magical Egypt thing is VERY VERY VERY VERY interesting, but hey, you watch em and YOU be the judge.

ENJOY MY FRIEND

And check back here from time to time, cos im sure some one will come in to answer you question who knows more about the subject than me

PEACE my freind

Oh.....looks like they already have

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone.I was afraid I'd be hearing crickets on this.

I do appreciate any and all info on the subject I can get my hands on.

The spark for my interest in the Anunnaki came from finally finishing the thread :

Stargates are real

It is,in my opinion,one of the most fascinating threads I've read on ATS thus far.

As for Sitchin,I think I should mention that I recently picked up a copy of the 12th Planet,and just started it last night.I haven't gotten far enough to really comment on it yet though.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I personally don't understand people's fear that we may be transplanted from some place else. And/Or - - we may be DNA manipulated - - or descended from half-breeds. Like what difference does it make?

Sitchin and Icke are interesting reads - - but be sure and check opposing views. Of course - - there are plenty of those.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I recently picked up a copy of the 12th Planet

Cool, i havent personally read that, but what i would say to you is (and im sure you'd do this anyway) is learn EVERY angle on these areas. Sitchen skills as a "scholar" has been questionable to some extent from what ive seen/read.

This is another "take" on the situation...

Michael Heiser.....Genesis 6 Sons of God Daughters of Men & the Nephilim
AND......
Michael Heiser.....AOD_2005__The_Sons_Of_God_.avi

Enjoy

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I agree with you Annee.In fact,the more I think about it,the more I can't help but draw the same conclusion.I think that as time passes more and more people will start coming around to the thought that aliens did intervene in our development somehow.

Thanks for the advice Anomic of Nihilism.Indeed I definately want different perspectives on the topic.I will be checking out all these links as soon as I can get to them.Thanks again.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by DocGonzo]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

personally don't understand people's fear that we may be transplanted from some place else

ANNEE......

Hi there.

I dont think its fear based on that, (apart from the obvious contraditions with reagards to various belief systems in the world). I think its more disturbing that the truth about our history may be already KNOWN to the "higher few" and we are not being told.

Science these days is frought with dogma, and as such seems more belief based than anything else.

There is so much info out there to the contrary that seems to get scoffed at and ingnored, rather than embrased as something to be solved.

The TEXT book these days....LIKE the BIBLE.....CANNOT be argued with...

Apparently..

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I found this to be an interesting read as it sorta coorborates the Annunaki theory. It has been floating around out there since about year 2000, and is a supposed interview with a reptoloid species living below ground.

let me know what you think...

Enjoy

www.luisprada.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sure looks interesting,to say the least....wasn't there a thread around here somewhere debunking the Lacerta File? I think someone said that it was found out that one of the big time conspiracy theory authors or something admitted to being behind it.Dunno,I could be wrong,I'll keep an open mind though,and I appreciate your input.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism

personally don't understand people's fear that we may be transplanted from some place else

ANNEE......

Hi there.

I dont think its fear based on that, (apart from the obvious contraditions with reagards to various belief systems in the world). I think its more disturbing that the truth about our history may be already KNOWN to the "higher few" and we are not being told.

Science these days is frought with dogma, and as such seems more belief based than anything else.

There is so much info out there to the contrary that seems to get scoffed at and ingnored, rather than embrased as something to be solved.

The TEXT book these days....LIKE the BIBLE.....CANNOT be argued with...

Apparently..

How does what you do not know affect your everyday life??

There is a difference between Curiousity in wanting to know for the sake of knowing - - - and Fear for how it will affect you and your perception of the world.

Dogma??? In Science??? - - Personaly I see Fear again. Fear of ridicule - - Fear of losing Grants and/or Job - Presige - etc. "Money - Power - Control".

A "pure" scientist would put Curiosity in front of Fear or Ridicule. Not very many real Scientists today as far as I know. They're more worried about protecting their own backside.

I believe Religiosity is Man Made - - again - "Money - Power - Control - & Fear". But I believe the basis of faith came from - ET's - advanced beings. And that basis is - Love - Compassion - Understanding - Acceptance - Caring - etc.

I follow no one.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The Larceta files look interesting, but let alone, they seem to be disinfo. Something isn't quite right. The theories seem authentic but it could have been a story. The mysterious "person" claims to know a reptellion and is interviewing her and the reptile seems to be playing games with the person with her own agenda. As I read into the interview it sounds like some delusional guy ranting. I am sure we are in contact with Aliens and Reptellions but I somehow doubt that the person managed to meet with one once, then again. For some reason it seems really hard to believe. Can someone try to find the link that debunks it?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Just to give you more search material: Though it is discounted by many scholars, some ancient astronaut theorists such as Zecharia Sitchin, Laurence Gardner and David Icke claim that the Anunnaki were in fact extra-terrestrials who came to Earth in antiquity and created or tampered with the genetic makeup of primitive mankind. They propose various readings of the word, two of which are "anu-na-ki" and "an-unnak-ki", both translated something like 'those who came from heaven to Earth'.[3] (Very similar to the Raëlian translation of Elohim.)

Annee's correct... they were the first ones to promote "aliens=Annunaki." Annunaki is simply the Sumerian term for "gods." They are not related to the Nephelim, who are a group of people in the Bible -- the word is often translated as "giants" (which actually isn't what the Hebrew says... it's just how the early English translators translated the word.)

The Annunaki were not giants, in fact (several of them had torrid affairs with humans... Inanna is probably the most famous for her human and god lovers.)

The "gods were giants" bit comes from come creative misreading of ancient art. The Sumerians and Egyptians (and many other ancients) drew their pictures and included detailed captions about what was going on. They always drew the most important people and deities very large and the "crowd" about 1/2 or 1/3 or even 1/5 the size of the deity or ruler. Sitchin, Von Danniken and others (who don't read Sumerian or Egyptian) interpreted this as "Giant Sized People."

As proof, they always show you partial panels (missing the text completely, because you might get curious and learn to read the inscriptions and often missing significant portions of the object or creatively "trimmed" to prove their points.)

And this is why it's not believed by most UFOlogists.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Go to xfacts.com its all about Alien and whatever you want

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
i like the open mindedness of these threads

and to address the thought that

i agree with this. it seems to me many people have the "it couldn't happen in this day and age" mentality or "not in my country, i would know"

until the steps are laid out to them how it can be done, how it H A S been done (deception/lies) and why most of the people part of it may not know they are even doing it (besides the top few) because so many fear questioning the system based on there maintaining there own lifestyles, seeing what happens to those who dissent (career suicide) and they just go on doing what there " superiors" tell them. it also comes down to basic psychology and most people can't phathom that others are willng to resort to such large scale deception since they themselves would be ashamed to tell such a big lie, but those that do rationalize this to themselves believe

a/ the general population must be told what to do
b/ take care of yourself take care of your own (what do you care about others for
c/ it is necessary to carry on the tradition of power and nobility that has been passed down generations and when u own and bank roll the media, and the educational schools power= knowledge

d/ the ends justify the means

"lie to me i promise i'll believe, lie to me" cheryl crow

i think the notion that our gov't still "acts" like it cares about us and manipulates us instead of downright uses force to get there way is the key to why people don't care too much, just wait till the next "attack" more rights are stripped, and they go for our guns, the NAU, and then the chip tick tock tick tock.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
yup the whole anunnaki thing is cool...i wish i could meet one
..but their is a movie about them to be released soon. I bet you after that flick the anunnaki kraze wil start.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yeah it's called "1Anunnaki " I think.That's one of the reasons I started wondering why all of a sudden Anunnaki theories are catching on moreso than Greys.For a long time Grey aliens were the accepted "mainstream" theory.It seems lately though,that the Anunnaki are catching on quite a bit on the net.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join