It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Religious Perspective on UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I have had three other encounters with UFOs in my lifetime, and although I've never been abducted nor had any specific communication with them, I do not think they are something to go bonkers about.

I am inclined to believe most thinking about UFOs is incorrect and is probably part of the "strong delusion" of 2 Thessalonians 2:7, that is going to be visited on people in the last days. I have researched the idea of ETIs (extra terrestrial intelligences) over a quarter of a century and my views are compatible with other mainstream Christian researchers like Kelly Seagraves or the late Zola Levitt.

The short version of it all is that the so called craft are not physical at all. Rather they are metaphysical in nature. Metaphysical is the only word science can use without actually saying "spiritual." This is another way of saying that they are not ETIs but most likely they are ECIs or "extra celestial intelligences." The Bible says that two thirds of the angelic host remained with God and one third went off with the God of this world (Satan) and the sightings come from one or the other group of beings. In theological language the objects were either sightings of Gods angels or Satan's angels.

--www.postchronicle.com...

I disagree with the conclusions of the article, but I thought it was an interesting contribution to the debate.

Is there anyone here who agrees with the author's conclusions? I am interested to see what people think.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Bah, more "aliens are demons" theorizing..

These people are really pushing their agenda.

new topics

join