It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudolph Giuliani Close to Entering Race for Republican Nomination

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Former New York Mayor Rudolph Guiliani filed a statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission. This document indicates his intention to run for the Republican Nomination in 2008. This move is not unexpected, as Giuliani has been mentioned as a possible candidate since he left office in 2002. He was elevated to national status after his handling of the September 11th, 2001 attacks on the world Trade Center.

www.breitbart.com
In a sign that he's serious about running for the White House, the two-term mayor was filing a so-called "statement of candidacy" with the Federal Election Commission. In the process, he was eliminating the phrase "testing the waters" from earlier paperwork establishing his exploratory committee, said an official close to Giuliani's campaign.

The steps Monday put Giuliani on the same level, legally, as McCain and Romney, the other two top-tier GOP candidates who have formed regular exploratory committees and filed statements of candidacy.

Behind the scenes, Giuliani has been busy supplementing his cadre of New York loyalists with Washington-savvy political operatives, establishing a fundraising network, and setting up a campaign headquarters _ signs of a campaign moving forward.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Giuliani is a candidate with strong credentials, and comes in with a high approval rating. However, I think that once his social policies come center-stage, he will find himself unable to build a coalition of primary-voting Republicans. Among other controversial stances, he is for partial-birth abortion. Furthermore, he has had a number of divorces, including his most high-profile while he was mayor. For a time, he was living in half of the mayoral mansion with his mistress while his wife and children lived in the other half. It seems unlikely that conservative, religious Republicans will gravitate towards him once those stories are told.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Rudy Giuliani was indeed mayor of New York when 9/11 occured, so he surely played a big part of the 9/11 cover-up. He'll confirm himself if he's a traitor if he attends the 07/08 Bilderberg conference.

NO GIULIANI!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
From what I've read Rudy is bigger outside NY than in it, not that some don't like him there. He should be considered a serious player in this election.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Wow you wake up one day and realize the world is run by crooks!@!!

He served as Mayor of New York City from 1994–2001, and gained national attention for his role during and after the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center[1] that led him to be named Time's 2001 Person of the Year.

It's funny how the time's person of the year is awarded to the most evil bastards alive

[edit on 5-2-2007 by rrahim1]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Gullian will be he man to take Hillary's popularity, so far The republican party has nobody else to neutralize Hillary.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Gullian will be he man to take Hillary's popularity, so far The republican party has nobody else to neutralize Hillary.

Do you think he can............. oh, neutralize. Sorry, I thought you said neuter.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hey He is the one with the cojones big enough to neuter, I mean neutralize her. . .

The women is strong when it comes to be known, McCain is a lame duck an in a campaign that is a fact that the war in Iraq will be the main dsh, I mean the main issue
She already said what Americans wanted to hear, the end of the war.

Is no other Republcan candidate that can neuter her I mean neutrilize her, unless Obama comes out with something better and take away her chances to win the primaries.

Obama cojones are not where to be seen yet.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I for one was hoping this would happen. And I agree with marg and intrepid that he is pretty much the only Republican with a chance. And he might have a chance since I still think it's easier to say you'll vote for a woman in a (telephone) poll than it is to actually pull the lever for one at the (election) polls.

He also seems to be someone that has the dems a little worried judging by the instant trashing he got on this thread.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rrahim1
Wow you wake up one day and realize the world is run by crooks!@!!

It's funny how the time's person of the year is awarded to the most evil bastards alive

Funny how right before 9-11 he was so unpopular at least here in my part of NYC and then 911 came around and he blossomed. Even though he was never the one risking his life at all he got credit for a lot.

Before that he was messing around with another woman while still married, he moved the Italian mafia out of NYC to make room for the Russian mob, and he opened up the Private sanitation industry to competition of course the competition just happened to be his then current wifes company Waste management who of course was more expensive then even the supposedly mob tied Sanitation companies. I think he was absolutely crooked and lets not forget his background...hes a NYC lawyer.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I LOVE Rudy. I have very high hopes that he'll be the nominee for the Republicans. The only politician I have ever donated to was John McCain - 20$ for the 2000 election - but I'd consider donating $20 to Rudy.

I think a Giuliani/McCain would be a good team to throw cold water on Hillary in 2008.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Rudy Giuliani was indeed mayor of New York when 9/11 occured, so he surely played a big part of the 9/11 cover-up. He'll confirm himself if he's a traitor if he attends the 07/08 Bilderberg conference.

NO GIULIANI!

I must profess ignorance, other than what I have heard from Alex Jones on Coast to Coast. What exactly would his presence at the Bilderberg conference prove, and what evidence is there that he was involved in the cover up of 9/11? He seemed more surprised and disturbed than many, at least.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I think he was absolutely crooked and lets not forget his background...hes a NYC lawyer.

As someone who knows New York lawyers, I find this statement without rational justification. We should work harder to raise the tone, n'est-ce pas?

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rrahim1

How so?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I for one was hoping this would happen. And I agree with marg and intrepid that he is pretty much the only Republican with a chance. And he might have a chance since I still think it's easier to say you'll vote for a woman in a (telephone) poll than it is to actually pull the lever for one at the (election) polls.

He also seems to be someone that has the dems a little worried judging by the instant trashing he got on this thread.

I don't know if you can assess his credibility in that manner. I honestly think that he can't win the nomination, and if he does, I don't know what kind of coalition he would be able to cobble together. Half of the right would reject him and the left thinks he's a racist. I don't see how that gets him anywhere.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Living on LI, I can seriously say that Rudy is an awesome guy, a bit of a jerk, but still an awesome guy. He has a very high approval rating over on these parts, if he got nominated, he would definitely have a lot of New Yorker's on his side which is a first for the Republicans. I hope he wins the presidency, marking the first North Eastern president in a LONG time.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I worked in NYC while he was mayor, and he was good for the wealthy parts of town. Yes he was the 9-11 mayor, but that doesnt make him qualified. I think at the end of the day it will be McCain v. Edwards. However, if Gore puts himself into it, it will be his to lose

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The problem is that McCain is all about war and Iraq .. . that is not what Americans wants.

Given the choice between Hillary that already is looking like she is sailing very well in her campaign and choosing Gulliani, Republicans will eventually dump McCain "war happy path" and will vote for Gulliani.

McCain is nothing more than a Bush clone but with a war Hero well earned right, he is also too old fashioned.

While Gulliani even with his complicated and controversial past is at least fresh air for the Republican side.

He will do well now that people knows that he will run. . .

This elections is going to be all about ending Iraq and who is better for the job . . . Gulliani when it comes to Republicans is better than having Hillary in the White house.

But for Democrats they have already two very good candidates Hillary and Obama, a popular candidate and a fresh candidate.

And we already know that when it comes to Candidates they can turn anything they want after they win the white house just look what Bush end up been.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It is way too early to decide yet. These are nothing more than opinion polls talking. Wait till all the dirt gets dug up on all the candidates and their answers to questions, such as immigration and health care and the WOT. Then we'll talk.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well if he runs he will get blasted from the Democrats on moral issues. Some haven't let it slip that he CHEATED on his 1st...or was it his 2nd...or maybe his 3rd wife???????? Or wait was it the fact the he married his cousin???

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
tsolan, who the hell cares?

I don't care if he is a tranvestite heroin addict who likes BDSM. All I care is if he can fix this country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join