It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who owns the arms companies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Alright guys I'm trying to who actually owns the mains arms companies such as Northrop and Boeing. I have looked on the internet for ages and its damned impossible to work it out. Whether this is the aim or I aim grabbing for straws I have no idea. Any help or explanation would be seriously appreciated. Post some links.

I personally think the main banks in America (JPMorgan, Citibank etc..) all own a share of each company but have no real idea. It makes for a good conspiracy/truth disscussion anyway if anyone wants to.

Dae

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Its just one big ownership orgy.

Looking at the fortune 500, both citibank and JP Morgan are below General Electric, who is a big in the arms department. I do know that JP Morgan can boast assets of $1.4 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. But as I say, GE comes in at 7th while JP Morgan is at 17th.

From Wiki Arms industry

USA

AAI Corporation
BAE Systems Inc.
Boeing
Carlyle Group
Colt's Manufacturing Company
General Atomics
General Electric (primarily through GEAE)
General Dynamics
Honeywell
Lockheed-Martin
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Raytheon Corporation
United Defense (now BAE Systems Land and Armaments)

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I do know that the Bush family does alot of arms trading.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
I do know that the Bush family does alot of arms trading.

Only because they allow for weapons manufacturers to export weapons to other nations/regions.

Arms manufacturing is run by individuals.
Arms distribution is run by the individuals (in their own country), and managed by governments for other countries.

In my humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'll throw out a couple of options for you.

1) Dig through each company's SEC filings. You may be able to determine who the major stockholders are in this manner.

2) If you want to narrow it to the shares owned by major banks, you could search through the assets that make up their mutual fund offerings.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
if you have a private or work pension plan with stock investments , then your pension fund probaly has a holding in all the big corperations .

they do this obviously to spread risk

collectivly pension fund managers have a large share holding , and consequently a large voting blok in many blue chip companies

here [ the UK ] the anonymity and power of pension fund managers to swing a crucial vote at AGMs and other times is seen my many as dangerous

the TUC [ A union collective ] is campaigning for greater transparency and accountability

story here

the fear is that the pension fund managers vote may as a unified blok - and are capable of collective bargaining with the board to advance thier interests at the expense of others

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Its just one big ownership orgy.

Looking at the fortune 500, both citibank and JP Morgan are below General Electric, who is a big in the arms department. I do know that JP Morgan can boast assets of $1.4 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. But as I say, GE comes in at 7th while JP Morgan is at 17th.

From Wiki Arms industry

USA

AAI Corporation
BAE Systems Inc.
Boeing
Carlyle Group
Colt's Manufacturing Company
General Atomics
General Electric (primarily through GEAE)
General Dynamics
Honeywell
Lockheed-Martin
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Raytheon Corporation
United Defense (now BAE Systems Land and Armaments)

i thought BAE systems is a UK company which has bought out US defence firms

top topics

join