It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo filming and stills advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
From a technical standpoint, what is the best way to film and snap pictures of the sky? Beyond a tripod what should be considered in terms of day vs. night, zooming, lenses, filters, etc..?

I'm familiar with photo and filming basics and am curious about these specifics. Any help would be appreciated.

If it helps I'll be doing most filming at night from higher mountain elevations (5500 - 10000')

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sevenkev
From a technical standpoint, what is the best way to film and snap pictures of the sky? Beyond a tripod what should be considered in terms of day vs. night, zooming, lenses, filters, etc..?

I'm familiar with photo and filming basics and am curious about these specifics. Any help would be appreciated.

If it helps I'll be doing most filming at night from higher mountain elevations (5500 - 10000')

Thanks!

I can help with filming, take the auto focus off!

If it is during the night time, find out if the video camera has a filming at night mode, I'm not talking "infra red night shot mode" either, and use a tripod if possible

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Frozenthought]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
When people say night mode, does that mean we can use the night mode on the average handheld camera, to help see somthing we might not normally see in the sky? Or does it have to be special expenive sort of nightmode? Military style?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice.

I'm also wondering what settings seem to allow the video capture of objects not visible to the naked eye. What exactly does the 'filming at night mode' do? I'm familiar with the greenish night vision mode of some camcorders which won't help filming anything at a distance.

Many of the military videos are shot during the day using infrared. I'm not aware of any commercial product that can film like that, if anyone does I'd be happy to know!

new topics

top topics

join