It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush, American Hero

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Ahem, well, I am certainly not going to argue that the U.S government doesn't benefit from drug trade. The whole "war on drugs" thing is a joke.

Indeed, indeed. I'm glad you are aware of that.

What does that have to do with Bush or his presidency? That was going on long before Bush ever became president...Long,long before he became president.

I agree with you that this has been going on for hundreds of years before Bush or Blair appeared. But under them, production has reached record levels. Part of the reason we're in Afghanistan right now is for the Opium. So at the end of the day, if the stock market is doing relatively well, then it's the result of illegal activity and it reflects worse on Bush than it would if the stock market had crashed due to a failure to 'secure' Afghanistan's Opium production.

Of course Bush and Blair have everything to do with it, even though they didn't start it first.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJediHe will be known as the man who took our country into the middle east and began a process of ridding our world of zealotry and religious governmental bodies.

Where does thoughts like above come from? Something they tell you in school?

Even if it comes out of thin air, please tell me why he had to destroy Iraq then? About the only secular regime in the Arab world and the whole of ME.

No, he'll be known as the first American pres who ended his days in front of a... oops [men in black]... Sorry, it was a slip.

Reagan was not just the biggest hypocrite, but the biggest drug pedler the world has seen. A true Hollywood zombie.

My memory goes back to Eisenhover, and of all the US presidents I will say JFK ...and Clinton.. had charms and possibly also good will. But the only one humanistic was Carter. The rest... hmm, I better keep my mouth shut.

And yes, Nixon, that great American, he stopped the Vietnam war and opened up China, the history books of today tell... then forget about the poor bastards who ever bought a used car from the crook.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
After the recent deification of Reagan,

nothing would surprise me at this point.

uh huh.... sure.... and what exactly made reagan a bad guy? Hindsight is everything and Reagan turned out to be one of the best presidents we ever had. I mean can you really think of a contemporary president with a more impressive resume? I know I cant. Oh, BTW.... that little economic boom in the 90's was generated by what Reagan did, so I would rethink my opinion if I were you.

Once again here is the picture of your flawed political system the Conservative's and Liberal's paint for them self to make every thing seem as if each side has all the answers when both are out dated forms of political monopoly that is design to keep empowering the select few who have the backing of power brokers and corporate muscle. Reagan wasn't responsible for the economic boom of the 90's no-one knows why the economy changes it goes up it goes down and when it goes up one political side wants to claim it was tax cuts and when it goes down oneside wants to say the other is causing a economic stress.
Reagonomics are as outdated as a rotary phone. Conservatives thrust there fist up in the air at pictures of Reagan like he was Hitler and the Clintonites follow Bill around like as if he was the King of America. The more people keep voting these two power hungry groups into power the more we will pay. I have yet to see my taxes go down? But I see new taxes on my tax statement every quarter. I'm sick of paying this crap how about all the people who choose to not vote for the Democratic and Republican party get together and send every one who votes for these knuckle heads a bill for all our taxes since you guys keep putting them back into power? Reagan a great president....
Yea right just like Clinton was great president

I would say Bill Gates had more to do with the economic boom that Reagan ever did.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
MassiveOrigamiRaccoon said:

So at the end of the day, if the stock market is doing relatively well, then it's the result of illegal activity and it reflects worse on Bush than it would if the stock market had crashed due to a failure to 'secure' Afghanistan's Opium production.

I would say it's NAFTA, the success of the stock market is a result of record profits due to low labour costs overseas, which increases profit margins immensly, hence great showings in the stock portfolio.
A healthy stock market reflects corporate financial health, not necessarily the averagte citizen of North America.
But what portion is propped up by poppies?
I don't know, but I do know about NAFTA, things were better with the tariff system.

PS, I've always hated Reagan, so many Americans were fished in by that slick turd.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
Bush is wrong, he is bankrupting the US!

[edit on 2/5/07 by mel1962]

Really? Have you looked at the stock market lately? It is higher now than it has ever been...

What the heck does the stock market have to do with the budget deficit????

You have no understanding of economics, the stock market is at an all time high, but it is not even at 1% over 7 years from its previous high, see chart below!

Dow Jones 1900-2007

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
History is in the future, many years from now. If we are still around after the instigations for nuclear war and what have you, who knows!! Until then,
i'm going to hope very hard that God gives the leaders of the world some wisdom andthe ability to straighten things out- without that final doomsday scenario which looms on the horizon daily.

No matter what- i beleive the title of this thread is just a tad wrong , but who am i to say if after the nuclear holocaust, those left behind will look up to him (George) and revere him.
'nuff said.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I hope for Bush's sake he is seen as a good president, or at least not a bad one.

Anyone who despises him, in my view, really doesn't understand what he has actually done for America. They just see that Iraq was a mistake, they have no idea why, but that's what the media tells them, so they follow that message like zombies.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joshua Crick
Anyone who despises him, in my view, really doesn't understand what he has actually done for America. They just see that Iraq was a mistake, they have no idea why, but that's what the media tells them, so they follow that message like zombies.

are you saying that iraq WASN'T a mistake?
or maybe that we WEREN'T lied to about why we wemt there?

and what HAS he done for america?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joshua Crick
I hope for Bush's sake he is seen as a good president, or at least not a bad one.

WHO are the zoombies?

To me it must be the ignorants who follow lies, taking them for truth, all the while they get ## and ripped off, too stupid to see it.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hi Master, irrespective of what the history books may say or not the fact is that since ww2 American Presidents have been impotent puppets, a front for the murderous cabal that has taken America and its people from one war to the next. A process that is continuing, during both elections vote rigging was undertaken to put the current bufoon in office.The man who leads the only superpower on the planet has trouble finding his own ass with both hands.

Just what this says for the American people I'm not quite sure, are Americans generally not interested in politics or do not care who's in office? Is corruption so rife in the states that people dont care or is it an accepted norm?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Despite his flaws, GWB has been the right man at the right place at the right time.

I shudder to think what life would be like now, if Al Gore or John Kerry were president.

Go Hillary!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Despite his flaws, GWB has been the right man at the right place at the right time.

how has he been the right man?

I shudder to think what life would be like now, if Al Gore or John Kerry were president.

yes, because we all know that only republicans can be strong in the face of threats..
good ol republicans like FDR.. bad example
or truman.. crap, another bad example

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I think Bush will go down in history as the stupidest president in history, theres no way he should be remembered in anything but a dark light, this man brought misery to millions of people.

Not like the US has a good track record of righteousness anyways, there hasnt been a time in American history when your country wasnt broiled in some war slaughtering someone.

The American scam of spreading peace and freedom has been a total failure, and now we have anything but peace and freedom around the world. This part of our history will be remembered as a time when a super power called the United States rose into prosperity, and couldve been anything they wanted, and chose to be an outlaw, a liar, a thief and a murderer.

Shame on the people who call themselves Americans, who drive around with some silly little flag and they dont even realize thats not an American flag! Its not even the original United States flag, but who gives a damn, why should I care who changed it and why.

Yea who cares why there is now a gold fringe around every single official flag, symbolizing admiralty and maritime law...the law of the water....its the law the banks operate under, and it happens to be a law that says there are no laws! They can do whatever they want and they do, and they tell you you are free on one hand, while on the other they give you hidden symbolism to show you what theyre really doing, yet they know you wont see it, and the energy that the symbols produce actually empower them, but who gives a damn, why should I care what symbols the banks and governments use..

I think the American people need to wake up and realize the systems of control that surround them, that wash their brain, and fill their minds full of ballgames, sitcoms, and a phony left-right political system.

I think its about time the American people realize that your first and greatest enemy was not the Nazis...it wasnt the Vietnamese, it wasnt the Mexicans, and it certainly wasnt the Arabs...it is and always has been Britain, and the British Crown. The very people your forefathers fought against, and gave their lives trying to save your ass from, are the same people who have gotten control of your banks, your governmental institutions, and most of all, your minds.

Yes, your presidents have already received their knighthoods, not for you the public to see obviously, but they had a plan, they have had a plan since way back then, to destroy America, and see to it that she does not rise to the glory she is capable of, and that in effect, she becomes the greatest tool for the Elite to use.

I tell you, if America really was meant to be the land of the free, home of the brave, then how come we have the kind of problems we have today. That alone should tell you that something is up that maybe were not supposed to know about...

[edit on 15-3-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thank you for the '06 Democratic sweep Georgie boy. Let's do it again in '08.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Generally, the public and the media love 'war presidents' and tend to be more forgiving when chronicling they're presidency and it's significance. Especially when the US gets a sneak attack (like pearl harbor, 9\11).

However, George Bush's war has so far established itself as a second Vietnam in a second cold war (on terror), so he will most likely be remembered in as very controversial figure.

Plus, the fact that he's a dumbass may tip the scale a little bit towards being remembered as a lousy president, but hey, it may just make him look more human or sympathetic or something, so it's anybody's guess how he's going to be remembered.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by HAL the bot]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
MasterJedi, I would agree with you from an optimistic perspective, assuming that these religious extremists don't take the win and out law history books. Bush and his administration have taken action against an increasing global threat, and this is something rare and perhaps unusual, which is why people seemed to have reacted out of surprise and disbelief. Nonetheless it had to be done, these jihadist terrorists will stop at nothing to bring civilization to its knees. They are the modern day barbarians, they must be met head on before they come to us and that's exactly what Bush is doing. I stand behind this 100%

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
George W Bush, MEXICAN Hero

Thank you for the '06 Democratic sweep Georgie boy. Let's do it again in '08.

Oh,yeah, the Demopukes have done a lot to secure our borders.
They are no better than the Republipukes.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
MasterJedi, I would agree with you from an optimistic perspective, assuming that these religious extremists don't take the win and out law history books.

the religious extremists like ted haggard that dubya is so glad to embrace (until their scandals, of course)?

the ones that want to rewrite the history books to say that every one of the founding fathers (and anyone of merit in american history) was a bible-literalist protestant?

Bush and his administration have taken action against an increasing global threat, and this is something rare and perhaps unusual, which is why people seemed to have reacted out of surprise and disbelief.

a threat that was fostered in the fight against a much more frightening global threat (USSR and mutual annhiliation)

Nonetheless it had to be done, these jihadist terrorists will stop at nothing to bring civilization to its knees. They are the modern day barbarians, they must be met head on before they come to us and that's exactly what Bush is doing. I stand behind this 100%

then why did he go into iraq? that had nothing to do with anyone espousing political islam. it was a secularist government headed by a dictator.

and also, is it worth defeating the "barbarians" if we become no better?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join