It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush, American Hero

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think that history will have a very different view of this man than most Americans do today. He will be known as the man who took our country into the middle east and began a process of ridding our world of zealotry and religious governmental bodies. He has faced much opposition and still has found a way to lead us into areas that we need to be in, although most in this country like to say we don't.

If anything he has been too slow in initiating more conflict over there and should really step it up over the next two years so that whoever follows him will be so entrenched in it that they have no choice but to lead us to its conclusion.

I see Isreal as a means to an end, of course they over step their bounds and carry on as though they answer to noone, but that is for the greater good as well. They too are a religiously controlled government and will feel tthe might of America before it is all over.

We are on a threshold people, get on board and support those who would rid ourselves of backwards 3rd world countries and bring into the fold of capitalistic democracies, our backwards brethren...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Very nice to meet you, Mr. Rockefeller...

Actually, you are probably right... I have a sneaky suspicion too that 25 years from now, their will be "history" books out that paint ole Georgy in a favourable light... But that doesn't mean that it will be an accurate account by any means... "Accurate history is all in the relative mind of the beholder". Hehehe....

[edit on 2-5-2007 by IronDogg]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I admire your courage!

People will not get onboard with something they dont believe in.
And this administration has been shown time and time again to be re-writing laws, internatioanl and domestic, to be hiding facts, while stating lies... and plus.. he's a bafoon...

He has no ability of the English Language, he barely knows the worlds geographical concepts, and seems to ruin any company he works for.

No, im afraid this man is no hero.

He is a puppet, but not a very good one at that.

People are gullible when they are in fear, but when they learn the truths.. they are smart.
And the people are a hell of a lot smarter NOW, then they were post sept11.

But by all means... if you believe in him, im happy you found someone to follow..
join up, go to baghdad, and show your hero how much you adore his work.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
After the recent deification of Reagan,

nothing would surprise me at this point.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi
I think that history will have a very different view of this man than most Americans do today. He will be known as the man who took our country into the middle east and began a process of ridding our world of zealotry and religious governmental bodies.

If our current history books are anything to go by then I would say you are probably right; Fiction will be predominant in future history.

He has faced much opposition and still has found a way to lead us into areas that we need to be in, although most in this country like to say we don't.

I'm just wondering, what possible benevolent reason is there for you to need to be in Iraq, or Afghanistan? Remember that Heroin, Oil, profit or geopolitical gain do not count as benevolent.

If anything he has been too slow in initiating more conflict over there and should really step it up over the next two years so that whoever follows him will be so entrenched in it that they have no choice but to lead us to its conclusion.

What, Your President and the inhumane Scum who pull his little strings were too slow to blow up 3 and half of your own buildings, kill thousands of your own people, and then blame it on another country for the sole purposes of gain?

I see Isreal as a means to an end, of course they over step their bounds and carry on as though they answer to noone, but that is for the greater good as well. They too are a religiously controlled government and will feel tthe might of America before it is all over.

Perhaps you should stop selling them weapons and stop lending them massive Political support, then? Besides, what do you mean by 'feel the might of America?' Sir, you are no Master Jedi. You are merely an unskilled Sith, posing as a Master Jedi.

You talk of Religiously controlled Governments, yet mention nothing of the fact that your own Emperor is reported to have said that 'God told me to go to War.'

We are on a threshold people, get on board and support those who would rid ourselves of backwards 3rd world countries and bring into the fold of capitalistic democracies, our backwards brethren...

Do not be a damned Fool, dark Charlatan. If you're not careful, these people will turn your own Nation into a 'backwards 3rd world Country,' while they rape you outright.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well, I certainly don't think that history will view him in the same light that many seem to now. An "Americn hero?" Uh, I don't think he'll be viewed that way. I think he will certainly be admired by some for his steadfastness and desire to see his vision to be carried out.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
After the recent deification of Reagan,

nothing would surprise me at this point.

uh huh.... sure.... and what exactly made reagan a bad guy? Hindsight is everything and Reagan turned out to be one of the best presidents we ever had. I mean can you really think of a contemporary president with a more impressive resume? I know I cant. Oh, BTW.... that little economic boom in the 90's was generated by what Reagan did, so I would rethink my opinion if I were you.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I actually agree with master jedi, only if democracy will eventually flourish in the middle east.

But if the middle east is still a mess and our nation is still occupying Iraq, and perhaps Iran by then . . . hummmm I think it will be different.

We are a nation of people with short term memories and in 25 years it will be a brand new generation that will not even remember the Bush at all but only that he was a president once.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
uh huh.... sure.... and what exactly made reagan a bad guy? Hindsight is everything and Reagan turned out to be one of the best presidents we ever had. I mean can you really think of a contemporary president with a more impressive resume? I know I cant. Oh, BTW.... that little economic boom in the 90's was generated by what Reagan did, so I would rethink my opinion if I were you.

Reagan is certainly the best president that we have had in the last 30 years. He is the first president that I can remember. I must say, in my opinion, Bush Sr. Clinton, and Bush Jr. don't match up very well to Reagan... That's my honest opinion.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

uh huh.... sure.... and what exactly made reagan a bad guy?

Uhh, those "stubborn" little facts like: Iran/Contra, hell, the whole "South American" affair in general. The militarization of the nations police force through the war on drugs, imaginary programs like star wars, and a refusal to fund aids research to name a few.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Since Reagan was such an "evil" lost soul, please preytell, do name someone in the last thirty years that hasn't been as bad or worse.. Don't even try to say Clinton because there are too many schemes I can place under his name...

China gate

Of course the whole Lewinsky thing

His "wag the dog" tactics

Et cetera

[edit on 5-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Reagan was right, he bankrupted the Soviets!

Bush is wrong, he is bankrupting the US!

IMHO, he will go down as one of the worst presidents ever, he is devoid of all intellectual and common sense thought! He is a rich boy who always had mommy and daddy clean up his messes! This one is just too big to be cleaned up!

[edit on 2/5/07 by mel1962]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Goes the spoil. They also get to write History. God 25 years from now when my evil kids drop me off in some old foggy home, I'll probably watch some special in 3D offcourse from my watch about George W. Bush "The Great American".

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
Bush is wrong, he is bankrupting the US!

[edit on 2/5/07 by mel1962]

Really? Have you looked at the stock market lately? It is higher now than it has ever been...

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Really? Have you looked at the stock market lately? It is higher now than it has ever been...

That probably has something to do with the massive amount of Heroin money flowing through it.

You are aware that America's debt is currently at $9 Trillion, aren't you?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
dont you ever call him a hero you american are so proud of your soldier and the war that you make... how can you be proud .first you you are so cowed that you send missile to distroid mostly all the army then you send plane when there is no more plane to face yours to kill and destroid more civilian people then soldier, when you beleave that's it's realy safe for yours soldier you send em.... oups but that is where the real war began when your are face to face whit soldier on the ground ...3000 and rising lost of american life later , you have'nt gain or control anything in irak and afganistan. in fact you are loosing it AND YOU STILL PROUD. why dont you attack country like nort corea , russia or china since they are real dictator whit WMD . shame on you american no wonder why you got G.WBUSH as president he realy represent what american are . you are the worsh virus on the planet

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MassiveOrigamiRacoon

That probably has something to do with the massive amount of Heroin money flowing through it.

Ahem, well, I am certainly not going to argue that the U.S government doesn't benefit from drug trade. The whole "war on drugs" thing is a joke. They could stop it if they so desired. What does that have to do with Bush or his presidency? That was going on long before Bush ever became president...Long,long before he became president.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetfor_rent
you have'nt gain or control anything in irak and afganistan. in fact you are loosing it AND YOU STILL PROUD. why dont you attack country like nort corea , russia or china since they are real dictator whit WMD . shame on you american no wonder why you got G.WBUSH as president he realy represent what american are . you are the worsh virus on the planet

Really? Hmm,funny, last time I looked, of the 19 provinces of Iraq, only 3 of them are causing problems... Hmmm... your conclusions are interesting, interesting indeed.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Where is there a law stating that the USA has a right to invade smaller nations "for their own sake" and violently convert them to a western-friendly democracy? This is the height of ludicrousness. Thats imperialism any way you slice it.

Besides that fact the Bush stated this about the alleged mastermind behind the terror attacks of September 11, 2001.

www.whitehouse.gov...

I truly am not that concerned about him.

He's talking about not being concerned about an alleged mass murderer of U.S. citizens.

You can't spin this into the idea that Bush wants to remove "backwards" religious type countries when he makes these statements about the alleged leaders of such violent factions.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I think that history will have a very different view of this man than most Americans do today. He will be known as the man who took our country into the middle east and began a process of ridding our world of zealotry and religious governmental bodies.

I don't think that that will be the case. Bush will be remebered for starting the process, yes, and he may get credit for recognizing the threat earlier than others, but he will at the same time be remembered for being utterly incapable of dealing with it, for taking actions that only strengthened the jihadis, for destroying democracy in the middle east, and generally be responsible for the greatest foreign policy catastrophe in the history of the United States, while also completely ignoring the sublte problems that arise by having historic increases in Chinese influence in south america and an unblocked Russia running around the world.

IF someone, at some point in the future, was even able to 'pull iraq out of the fire', and set the jihadis back and generally make the whole thing a success, THEY will properly get credit for it, and bush will at best be remembered as an inept and incompetent president who merely put US troops into the middle east (which isnt' all that visionary, given that any president wouldnt' sent some troops there in response to 911).

Bush's policies, more likely than not, have resulted in an increase of 'third world countries and tin-pot dictators', while at the same time nuclear weapons spread to nations that are anti-thetical to US intersets.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join