It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious ‘Wonder Spot’ Is No More

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Wonder Spot is listed as as one of 21 so-called "mystery spots."
Now it is time to go.

Owner Bill Carney has sold the iconic attraction to the village of Lake Delton for $300,000. The village wants to build a road through the crevice where the Wonder Spot has stood since the 1950s.

News Source

LAKE DELTON, Wis. -- In a wooded ravine tucked away from the water parks, restaurants and mega-resorts that dominate this tourist town, a piece of history is quietly dying.

Kirby's site lists the Wonder Spot as one of 21 so-called "mystery spots." Lake Wales, Fla., has Spook Hill. Irish Hills, Mich., has the Mystery Hill. California has the Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz.

The story behind each one is similar -- gravity doesn't work in them. People seem to grow smaller, can't stand up straight and can barely walk.

This indeed an interesting place to be. And sold only for 300,000 USD?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Great fun those spots.. Knottsberry Farms had one too, made me dizzy and nauseous... For the record they have been proven to be just perception tricks..

I can't remember what show it was , but it was on the travel channel here in the USA

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Arkangel4time]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
They can't have the road bypass it? Thats lame.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Is this like the road that cars go UPHILL due to an illusion? Please, tell me more - have there been scientific studies on these areas? More links? Sounds very interesting!

Peace,
-Naz

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
yup that's it.

Also balls roll uphill, etc, etc.

All an illusion.

There is at least one other thread that I remember dealing with this

here's a link...

www.roadsideamerica.com...

do a google search. Also look up "vortex"

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Awww, I'm sad to hear this! It is a great piece of local history. I live in Wisconsin about an hour away from the Wonder Spot. No, it's not any kind of natural phenomena or supernatural in any way. It's all just how they built the place that make it look like balls are rolling uphill or that you suddenly grew a couple of feet.

I went there when i was a kid and it was baffling to me at that age. Even a grown adult can appreciate it. It is getting old though and unfortunately the Wisconsin Dells is getting rid of a lot of their old attractions and putting in big, ugly, gaudy attractions now. Wonder Spot was built back in the woods in a beautiful area and now they want to plow it under for a road. Sad.

top topics

join