It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton/Gore '08, would you go for it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hillary Clinton for President

Al Gore for VP

Would it work?
To begin, I consider myself to be a coservative republican and I utterly hate Hillary Clinton, however the ticket, Clinton/Gore '08 doesn't sound that bad. Would the liberal democratic community back this ticket, or are there better candidates out there for Hillary Cinton to pair with? Would Al Gore even go for VP for 16 years?

Gore for me today seems much more appealing as a candidate due to his foreshadowing of global warming's pandemic. I see him more as a straight shooter now. Could the democratic party get behind a candidate like Gore for Pres in '08?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Uh, No.
Absolutely not..

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I don't think Al Gore would want to be in the VP slot again, especially for the Clintons. I doubt Hillary would ask him either.

There's still a lot of bad blood there over the Lewinsky scandal.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
sure why not..but at this point i'd take koko, or lassie or benji or et or cookie monster..anybody other than the waste of flesh that duhs up america these days.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I could see a Gore/Obama ticket . The main problem is that unless he changes his mind Gore wont run in 2008. Even if Gore changes his mind there are other issues such as getting moderate Republicans to vote for Gore. After all some Republicans blame the Clinton admin for all the worlds problems.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I can't see a Clinton/Gore ticket because of what happened when Bill was in office. The Lewinsky Scandal and the fact that the elections in Florida were stolen from Gore back in 2000 by Georgie Jr. would make it impossible for him to even think about running with the Clintons again. Not only that, Gore's really thought provoking documentary on global warming. Not only that, the major corporations, like ExxonMobil, who have spent millions worldwide to keep this documentary from reaching the hands of science teachers would have a friggin' coronary.

There is something that no one in the media, from the local papers up to CNN and Fox News, especially CNN, isn't reporting. Hillary is basically doing a 2007/2008 John Kerry. What I mean is that she is saying that she voted for the war until she voted against it. I just don't see how Gore would be successful with a stance like what Hillary has now. This thing about Hillary being against the war after she voted for the Iraq War is not right.

Having a stance like what Hillary has will not get her elected to the Presidency in 2008.

I think that the Obama/Gore ticket maybe something for Gore to look at though.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
To be quite blunt, No, I would not.

Even though I do admire Gore's dedication to the environment and
making people aware of AICC, I pretty much don't like his stance on
any of the other issues.

As for Clinton, well I wont be voting for her in the primaries, but if she
does become the Democratic candidate, well I'm not sure where she
stands on alot of issues, so I could vote for her, but if I don't like her
stance on the important issues, I'll probably see if there are any other
candidates I agree with more (which is unlikely as there don't tend to be
alot of third party choices), but I'll vote for her before I vote for any of
the Republican candidates.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Clinton/Gore? Haven't we had enough retreads in gov't. yet? Gore to my mind, is borderline crazy, has been since he got beat in 2000. Time hasn't salved his wounds any at all. Hillary Clinton, god forbid. Change her views according to the latest poll, just like her everlovin' husband.

Somebody new, almost anybody...Obama, even Kusinich would be better than a old set of retreads.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I suppose anything is possible in this crazy world, but I just don't see a Clinton/Gore ticket happening. Al Gore surely has a little pride left.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Give me Clinton and anybody, but Mrs. Bill Clinton and ALGORE would be a dream come true!

Mrs. Bill Clinton is a shoe-in for the Democrats. There is no way Mrs. Bill Clinton thinks former loser ALGORE could possibly help her.

ALGORE and his bogus Global Warming theories would be a huge liability to any campaign.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Oh please, not the same old thing all over again. No more; I've had enough of the Clinton, Gore and Bush families. It's time and past that they bowed out of the arena. It's time for some new people and new ideas the old ones aren't working out. Please let there be an Obama or a Paul.

Retreads didn't work out that well for tires it wouldn't work in government either.

top topics

join