It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry and politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Does freemasonry fastrack politians to positions of power?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
No, now go learn how politics really works.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigred1000
Does freemasonry fastrack politians to positions of power?

Masonry And Politics

by Paul Fisher

Writing of Freemasonry's dominance of the public life of France during the Third Republic (1870-1940), historian Mildred Headings, said the Fraternity established a firm and determined policy that nothing should occur in that country "without the hidden, secret participation of Masonry."

With that goal in mind, the Craft made a concerted effort to have as many Masons as possible in parliament, the ministries, and in other official capacities. As a result, "the public power, the national power [was] directed by Masons."

To demonstrate the political power of Masonry in France during that period, Ms. Headings noted that in 1912, for example, 300 of the 580 members of the House of Deputies (52.7 percent) were Freemasons, as were 180 of 300 Senators (60 percent).

What of the United States? The preceding pages of this book have disclosed how Masonry dominated public policy in a number of individual States, and, nationally, through the Nativist, Know-Nothing, APA, and Ku Klux Klan Movements. But if Masonic dominance of the national legislature is used as a criterion for the strength of Freemasonry in France, the same criterion applied to Masonic membership in the United States Congress shows the Fraternity's control of public life on this side of the Atlantic has been much more pronounced than in France.

In 1923, for example, 300 of 435 members of the U.S. House of Representatives (69 percent) were members of the Craft, as were 30 of 48 members of the U.S. Senate (63 percent). Six years later, 67 percent of the entire U.S. Congress was comprised of members of the Masonic Brotherhood.

Although Masons continued to hold a dominant position in the House and Senate in 1941, their proportion of the total membership dropped to 53 percent in the Senate and 54 percent in the House. In 1957, a "typical" member of the 85th Congress was a Mason.

article continues at
freemasonrywatch.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phidorez
article continues at
freemasonrywatch.org...

Enough said- you proved your sources to be very reliable

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
Enough said- you proved your sources to be very reliable

Cory,

You forgot to add:

"
"

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What they don't get is as soon as that is posted as their "source" even the die hard Anti's roll their eyes

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I really dig this new dynamic, ie: Bigred posts "innocent" questions and our resident sockpuppet addict answers them with quotes from Freemasonrywatch.... Classic.

Batman and Robin, look out! There's some new kids on the block. Their mission: To obfuscate, delude and befuddle the ignorant.

Freemasons were formative in engineering the democratic principles by which you are able to spout forth your rubbish, kids. Ironic, yes?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Look man.

As a freemason, I can assure you that we do not control the political system of this country.

I can also assure you that the baby wasn't real, and that the goat signed a consent form.

Okay?

So relax.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I went into a masonic lodge the other day, and came out an hour later as a senator. It is really that simple, voting has nothing to do with it.

All i had to do was sign over my soul and bath in the blood of babies, now im a senator, a famous sports person and the worlds most handsome millionaire.

god i should create a geocities webpage about this and people can quote me as a reliable source of masonic information.

but seriously, freemasonry DOES NOT give you any power, it wont make anyone successful. That's not to say it wont open up new opportunities, because a freemason gets to meet other freemasons, basically meeting lots of new people and networking, creating contacts with people and thus opening opportunities.

But this is no different than joining a soccer club and becoming friends with someone else on the team who owns an office stationary business telling you that a new management position has opened up that he thinks you'll be perfect for. He does it because you're a friend, not because you're in the same club as him.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Religion and Politics are not discussed in an open lodge.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
That too.

But I was doubting that they'd believe that.

[edit on 2/7/2007 by whiteshadow325]

top topics

join