It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange noise in the room...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It's been a two or three days and crazy I am not. In my daughter's room as I pass by, I keep hearing a strange noise. It's like a dog whiste. Just the faint etchings of it. You stand and question if you are really hearing it.

And now I have discovered it is only in that room. A ghost? Mind-control sonic waves? I must know...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Does your daughter have a TV? Make sure that it is turned off and not just on a different AV input with a blank screen.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Does your daughter have a TV? Make sure that it is turned off and not just on a different AV input with a blank screen.

No tv. No electronics except a nightlight and that is not plugged it. It is strongest just when I lean in the door jam. It was there tonight and I had no power when I first got home. Stormy weather.

Baffled...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Was it wind whistling through the door jam? I'm just kidding. Dang, I too am baffled.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   
any specific senarios? like, does it only happen when she is in her room, the door open or shut, etc. it could possibly be the echoing of the heater, mine used to do that until i retyed the vent-tube-thing

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sounds very odd.

maybe write down each time you hear it, how long it goes on for ect..
see if there are any patterns to it,

maybe out a tape recorder in her room one night and see if you can make it out

also have you asked your child if they have heard the whisling noise, (if there old enough to answer that)

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ok, yes...most odd. It has only been a few days, but it is constant to me from her room. Not for her though. She does not hear it. I have checked the heaters, vents, everything. It is not the wind or a rattle. This is a high pitch "electronic" whine sound. But it was there when my whole neighborhood lost power last night.

It has a very strange sound. Gives me a headache. I am thinking the government is experimenting with mood altering sound on kids.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Sounds worrying!!

have you asked any of your neighbours if any of them hear this sound,

maybe ask ones who have children....

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
No. But one room? Only one? I have never heard of that.

You know the sound you get in your ear, now and then? It's a biological thing. Like a high-pitch for a bit that you hear and nobody else. If you know the ones I mean, then you know it is 1) normal and 2) in your head (I believe). You hear it for a bit and then gone. This is just like that, except it is regional and non-stop. Barely audible.

That is confusing...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
could it be from a battery operated toy? I had a very similar issue a few weeks ago, turned out to be a toy telephone in the bottom of my son's toybox that had inadvertenly been activated...I dunno...worth a shot.

[Edited on 12-17-2003 by exdog]

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'd like to add, the noise was very much like the one you describe-it was caused by the mouthpiece feeding back from the earpiece signal-

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh I am on to you strange mind-bending noise.
I will find you. You will not control my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Perhaps you should ask your Daughter if she knows why this is happening. That could help. Maybe the Govt. is behind this.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I would do a radon check on the room...

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You mentioned it's constant, more 'loud' when you lean against the door jam. Sounds vibrational. The constant thing is telling too.

Possibilities include: Attic fan vibration, WOOD BEES, TERMITES, RATS, MUD DOBBERS, etc.

Bugs is loud.
Especially when there's lots of 'em chewing up stuff.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Houses chanel and trap energies which may cross or be intensified at certain points within or around the house. Maybe the high pitch noise is an energy of some kind, which could be magnified as you or your daughter go near it ?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well, the mystery is solved...just dig way deep in the toybox (in behind the door) and yank the batteries out of the Barbie cell phone. @#$%!

I give kudos to Exdog!

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
LOL

ahahahahahaha

funny

new topics

top topics

join