It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Drivers License

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm sure that everyone on here has read about the national drivers license. Well I think now is time for action and not just talk. It appears that several states are already beginning to fight this.

apnews.myway.com...

I urge each and everyone of you to call and write your congressmen and women and urge them to start similar campaigns in your state. We read about this stuff and talk about it and say how bad it is for our rights but there is still time to stop this. Talk is cheap

If anybody is interested in assisting with the writing of a letter template I will be more than happy to post it on my server for all to download.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What's he difference? All commercial truck licenses are federal. They add your class and endorsements to your state license. They did this to make commercial licenses the same throughout the country. Some states were easier to get a license in then others and truckers would sometimes have licenses from multiple states. The main reason these states are bitching is about the money they think they will loose. If they set up a federal license like the commercial one there should be no problems. You keep your state license and then pass a standard 50 state test. Oh when the feds took the commercial endorsement over the grand fathered everyone that had a CDL already and just make the new drivers take the test. I would bet that they would do the same with this as well. Could you imagine 80 to 100 million drivers having to be retested? I wouldn't worry too much about this.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by fiveangelsfrank]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Another thing “The law's supporters say it is needed to prevent terrorists and illegal immigrants from getting fake identification cards.”
Why should it be easy for illegals and terrorists. The terrorists know which states are easy to get a license in and like the over the road truckers I would bet on them getting a few to always have a clean license.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
So what's the problem with having a national drivers license, I mean
we are a single nation, having to get seperate licenses for each state
has always been something to me that is not only a waste of resour-
ces, but also semi-unconstiutional.

I say semi-unconstiutional because of this;

...Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State...

U.S. Constiution
Article IV, Section 1

Now, how this was explained to me, means that if you say get married
in one state, you're marriage is than accepted in all other states, in
short if you lived and got married in California, and moved to Washing-
ton (state), you would'nt have to get a marriage license in Washington.

And so having to have to get a drivers license for each state, really
does seem to go against this to me.

[edit on 2/5/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This is another major step towards the NWO forceing the states to go along with this and taking away rights to make sure it gets done the GOVERNMENTS way. Not what the PEOPLE wants. But what the GOVERNMENT wants. Clearly this is not good. Soon enough it will be the chip in the hand or no buying anything. Just do as the GOVERNMENT says and you will be fine. Dont do it and you will be consider a terrorist one day.

I for one dont want my drivers Lincense to be done like this! But as always we don't get a choice in the matter. It was done without the peoples consent.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Shar]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This isn't the only area where the Federal Government encroaches on State's Rights. Look at how many laws States pass, to keep their highway funds(speed limits, drinking age, DUI standards, among others). That's how the government gets what it wants- it can't tell the states what laws to pass, but it can tell them they won't get money if they don't pass things.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
So what's the problem with having a national drivers license, I mean
we are a single nation, having to get seperate licenses for each state
has always been something to me that is not only a waste of resour-
ces, but also semi-unconstiutional.

I say semi-unconstiutional because of this;

...Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State...

U.S. Constiution
Article IV, Section 1

Now, how this was explained to me, means that if you say get married
in one state, you're marriage is than accepted in all other states, in
short if you lived and got married in California, and moved to Washing-
ton (state), you would'nt have to get a marriage license in Washington.

And so having to have to get a drivers license for each state, really
does seem to go against this to me.

[edit on 2/5/2007 by iori_komei]

I would argue that forcing everyone to get a universal drivers license is unconstitutional using the same excerpt you utilize. Full faith and credit, also called commity garentees things like marriage (for the most part, gay marriage is something that is not granted commity but this venue is inappropriate for the conversation). Having a driver's license is not a right as marriage is. Driver's licenses are doled out at the discretion of the state. California, might have different rules than say Wisconsin for who, how and why people can get a license. Therefore a drivers license is a priveledge and not a right. Should you move from one state to another for a long period of time you are required to renew your license in the new state so, a) ensure you meet their driving standards, b) are tagged as a new resident of the state so that... c) they can make sure you are paying THEIR state taxes instead of your previous states.
The constitution set out to give state's as much leeway as they wanted in the rights and privledges each state would grant it's citizens so long as they did not supercede Federal statutes. If the federal gov't institutes a mandatory national driver's license it would be an overreach of federal powers.

Obs out

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If the NWO's time was now then it wouldn't matter if they had international DL's or not they would have all your personal Information already ... You don't think they database everything about you anyways ... From the food you buy from stores to all those little cards that save you money at the supermarket .. Hmmm Interesting ... All that information is saved on servers some of them not even in the U.S. funny .... How oblivious some of you are ... I guess I would be too if I didn't have a good friend that loves to do how should I say special tricks on his computer using IP's and what not .... FUN STUFF ... let me tell you even FUNNIER TO get online with him and mess with some other good friends ..

Originally posted by Shar
This is another major step towards the NWO forceing the states to go along with this and taking away rights to make sure it gets done the GOVERNMENTS way. Not what the PEOPLE wants. But what the GOVERNMENT wants. Clearly this is not good. Soon enough it will be the chip in the hand or no buying anything. Just do as the GOVERNMENT says and you will be fine. Dont do it and you will be consider a terrorist one day.

I for one dont want my drivers Lincense to be done like this! But as always we don't get a choice in the matter. It was done without the peoples consent.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Shar]

new topics

top topics

join