It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics are the Conspirators. B.T.S. ideologies throwing a bone ... Time Travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
First we would like to thank the disciplines found on BTS, and the members who collaborate concerning the topics of Faith, Spirituality, Theology, Philosophy, Religion, and the paranormal. It is their brand of thinking that has acted as a catalyst towards asking the right questions, for the right reasons. Secondly we would like to thank the members of ATS for their everlasting quest to comprehend the truth as well. Thirdly we would like to thank Dark Matter itself.

Although this has something to do with every forum on ATS, i simply wouldn't know it, if it were not for Faith, Spirituality, Theology, philosophy, religions, and the lessons i've learned from these disciplines.

Let’s face it. There is little or no proof that everyone will accept as proof.

Eye witnesses are viewed as frauds, people immediately judge their character, and first look for their personal flaws, because the way we think causes us to first question the source, and look for flaws in the sources.

Picture Evidence and Video Evidence are usually met with great skepticism because of Reasonable Doubt, and we all know that this evidence can be altered, manufactured, or hoaxed. So, reasonable doubt will always come into play. So we refer to the people who produced the picture or video and look for flaws in them, and no one is perfect, so once their flaws are discovered, reasonable doubt is merely reinforced. This causes us to discredit them upon our opinions, not upon facts alone.

Let’s assume for a moment we have already been compromised, and we are contributing to the conspiracy …… that we are the conspirators …….

Reality verses Opinion
What would win the battle?

Reality verses the Conscious Minds' Opinion's perception. Apparently Reality is wrong, and humanity's perception is not. At least this is the popular opinion according to the judgment of Humanity's collective opinion.

Everything that is used as a basis for comparison when judging time is based upon systems that are round. Yet time is perceived not as round, but linear, by the conscious mind.

Even time related concepts created by man are still created by a mind that still has its roots and seed in the natural world.

Everything that is used as a basis for comparison when judging time is based upon systems that are round. Yet time is perceived not as round, but linear, by the conscious mind.

What is the variable that is permitting us to perceive that time is not what reality says it is?

It is our opinion that the answer to this question is our opinion.

What is the variable that is permitting time to be perceived as linear, instead of round?

It is our opinion that the answer to this question is our opinion.

1) The watch strap. ROUND. It holds the time piece onto the wrist.

2) The watch's face. ROUND. It tells us time, used to measure time.

3) The Clock. ROUND. It tells us time, used to measure time.

4) The Sundial. ROUND. It tells us time, used to measure time.

5) The Hourglass. ROUND from 2 perspectives. It tells us time, used to measure time.

6) The Sun. ROUND. Used to measure Time, Days.

7) The Moon. ROUND. Used to measure Time, Night and Months.

8) The Earth. ROUND. Used to measure Time, as it rotates ....

9) The spin of the Earth. ROUND. Used to measure time.

10) The Orbits of planets. ROUND, circular like. Used to measure Years.

11) Senses. Eyes, Irises, Pupils, Eyeballs, Optical nerve, nostrils, ear holes, . ROUND, ROUND, ROUND, and ROUND...... Used to observe the effects of Time.

12) Matter Itself. Neutrons, Electrons, Protons, and their orbits. ROUND ROUND ROUND ROUND .... One of the main ingredients in that which dictates what time is.

13) THE LIGHT!!! Observable when dissected into its parts. A rainbow would be a perfect sphere, if not obstructed by the Earth as observed from the ground.

LIGHT IS ROUND.
A main ingredient in how time is perceived.

14) Galaxies, black holes … ROUND ….

15) Quantum Physics ….. many Rounds ….

SUMMARY:

If every basis for comparison in both nature, and in what we create seems to couple TIME with ROUND, what is the variable that does not permit us to see compliance with reality?

Our Best ANSWER: Opinion.

MY DISCLAIMER:

I concede that our Opinions may be right.

But, in order for our perceptions to be right, doesn't that require that reality must be wrong?

Perhaps ..... Time is not linear.

Perhaps our opinions are the only variable that permits us to perceive time as linear.

Perhaps time is not linear.

Perhaps it is our opinions that are linear. Perhaps it is merely our conscious mind that is linear, which in turn can only perceive linear, since it would be bound by the linear brand of thinking.

EVEN THE LIGHT IS ROUND.

Opinion verses THE LIGHT?

In order to live up to the expectations of humanity, wouldn't we have to ignore reality?

If we ignore reality would we fit in better?

quote: Originally posted by GreatTech
Rarely does a human have the answer before the question.

If time is round, then wouldn't we have the answer before the question?

What if we can't recognize the answers we have, until we recognize the need to ask the right question, for the right reasons?

may be best represented like this:

Reality says Time = O (looped/round) *My Source is every reference for time in Reality

Popular Opinion says Time = _____ (linear/straight line) *My source is humanity's opinion/perspective.

If Our Opinions are right, then reality and what created reality is wrong, making reality the conspirator.

If Our Reality is right, then our opinion and some ingredient in that which formulates our opinion is wrong, making us the conspirators.

So which is right?

Opinion, or Reality?

Might i suggest that Reality is correct, and that it is our opinions that are mistaken?

Might i suggest everyone else is also capable of remembering the past and the future, since according to reality: Time is circular. Time is looped. ??? Perhaps our subconscious mind which is not bound by linear thought has already encoded as much into our languages ….. since our subconscious mind has an unmeasured amount of input into the creation of our languages …..

Seeking the end to speculation is a fun hobby.

If Humanity is encoding future events into our language, then a good reason for E.T. to keep us “contained” while ensuring our survival could be that we are a collective communication device, a medium between them, and a conscious time which is not permitted to know it is self aware. Could humanity be a communication device?

I Thank you for your time

Your Friend,
E.T.

Sing you lair it +
Sing u lar it T
som knows things.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Round and round and round we go.
Where we stop, Tor may know.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rotator
Round and round and round we go.
Where we stop, Tor may know.

Ah! Tor Tor? Ah!

Tor may know indeed.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I thought that you talked about this already? Is there something that you left out?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Perhaps the truth to all the torment and torture in the world is not far away.

Understanding is the objective.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I thought that you talked about this already? Is there something that you left out?

I put as much of my thoughts as i can on one thread, or provide the links to other threads i offer because of thoughts shared with me, or thoughts i have in this thread:
www.belowtopsecret.com...'

From there, when i think it would be a good idea, i take some thoughts we have in that thread and create new threads based upon specific thoughts.

It is like sharing the way i think, or the way i can potentially think in one thread, and using that thread as a think tank to produce different threads from the thoughts we share.

So, yes. I have shared this thought in another forum, and on BTS. But, myself and others believed this concept and information also belongs to the members of ATS, and those searching for the truth concerning the UFO phenomenon.

Thanks for the inquiry, it was a valid question. I hope my response offers insight into why.

Thanks,
E.T.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ok time is just that something that humans made up.

UFO's are something that we don't know about yet. If they are beings from somewere else then they are just checkin us out. Otherwise there has to be thousands of diffrent intelegent species in our own galaxy allone.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Ok time is just that something that humans made up.

So how people perceive reality is based upon a flawed assumption?

Maybe there is a time when we won't think of the earth as being flat.

Maybe there is a time when we won't think of time as being flat.

Science is a series of corrected mistakes.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think the Concept of Time, or at least how it is perceived ....

may be best represented like this:

Reality says Time = O (looped/round) *My Source is every reference for time in Reality

Popular Opinion says Time = _____ (linear/straight line) *My source is humanity's opinion/perspective.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Source/Link:
www.sciencedaily.com...

"The value of this research lies in understanding how the brain works," said Dean Buonomano, associate professor of neurobiology and psychiatry at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and a member of the university's Brain Research Institute. "Many complex human behaviors -- from understanding speech to playing catch to performing music -- rely on the brain's ability to accurately tell time. Yet no one knows how the brain does it."

The most popular theory assumes that a clock-like mechanism -- which generates and counts regular fixed movements -- underlies timing in the brain. In contrast, Buonomano suggests a physical model that operates without using a clock. He offers an analogy to explain how it works.

"If you toss a pebble into a lake," he explained, "the ripples of water produced by the pebble's impact act like a signature of the pebble's entry time. The farther the ripples travel the more time has passed.

"We propose that a similar process takes place in the brain that allows it to track time," he added. "Every time the brain processes a sensory event, such as a sound or flash of light, it triggers a cascade of reactions between brain cells and their connections. Each reaction leaves a signature that enables the brain-cell network to encode time."

The UCLA team used a computer model to test this theory. By simulating a network of interconnected brain cells in which each connection changed over time in response to stimuli, they were able to show that the network could tell time.

Their simulations indicated that a specific event is encoded within the context of events that precede it. In other words, if one could measure the response of many neurons in the brain to a tone or a flash of light, the response would not only reveal the nature of the event, but the other events that preceded it and when they occurred.

The UCLA team tested the model by asking research volunteers in the study to judge the interval between two auditory tones under a variety of different conditions. The researchers found that volunteers' sense of timing was impaired when the interval was randomly preceded by a "distracter" tone.

"Our results suggest that the timing mechanisms that underlie our ability to recognize speech and enjoy music are distributed throughout the brain, and do not resemble the conventional clocks we wear on our wrists," said Buonomano.

Because time-related information is critical to understanding speech, determining how the brain tells time represents an important step toward understanding the causes of diseases, such as dyslexia, that result in impaired linguistic abilities, he noted.

The next step for the research will be recording the response from a large number of brain cells to determine whether they encode information about the timing of stimuli.

Buonomano collaborated with Uma Karmarkar, now a postdoctoral fellow at the University of California, Berkeley. The National Institute of Mental Health funded the study.

If we are not perceiving time in compliance with reality, then are we perceiving any forms of communication accuratley?

Can we trust the means in which we communicate, if we cannot trust the preconceptions and assumptions made concerning how we perceive time?

Why is this important concerning the UFO phenomenon?

Because odds are, if we are not perceiving time correctly, then are we even capable of perceiving or receiving how Aliens may be trying to communicate with us?

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
ok as far as time travel goes heres my theory...

if you were to start in a point on the earth and wish to move backwards through time to a different point in time you would need to know where the earth was reletive to the point in time you wanted to be at.

In my theory you would have to calculate the position of the earth moon in relation to the sun, the suns relation to the center of the galaxy, the galaxys relitive position to the center of the universe, to nearly have an accurate JUMP in time.

otherwise a couple of things might happen.

1. you would end up well away from the earth which could be fine if you were in a ship that could reach earth again.

2. you could end up imbeded inside the earth which would be bad for obvious reasons.

Course you would also have to transmutate your form to that of energy in order to make the preceived jump throuh time keep a cohesive singnal and be able to reassemble the particles back into their orriginal position all within the span of an instant as to not let a single atom decay on you.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

As far as time is concerned, here is my best theory:

There is no measurable degree of seperation whatsoever between any points in time.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

if you were to start in a point on the earth and wish to move backwards through time to a different point in time you would need to know where the earth was reletive to the point in time you wanted to be at.

In my theory you would have to calculate the position of the earth moon in relation to the sun, the suns relation to the center of the galaxy, the galaxys relitive position to the center of the universe, to nearly have an accurate JUMP in time.

otherwise a couple of things might happen.

1. you would end up well away from the earth which could be fine if you were in a ship that could reach earth again.

2. you could end up imbeded inside the earth which would be bad for obvious reasons.

Course you would also have to transmutate your form to that of energy in order to make the preceived jump throuh time keep a cohesive singnal and be able to reassemble the particles back into their orriginal position all within the span of an instant as to not let a single atom decay on you.

You need to remote view your destination in time and space. Simple as that, no calculation needed. You can be assisted by technology to do that remote view

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

There is no measurable degree of seperation whatsoever between any points in time.

Check out what M. Bearden has to say about time

www.cheniere.org...

Time is a funny "dimension". In a given frame the entire universe, every piece of it, exists simultaneously at one single "time point." In other words, at any time point, every spatial point in the entire universe is "connected". One of the things most likely being worked on (not evident in weapons yet, thank God!) is the ability to rotate a 3-space entity into a single time point, then rotate back out to any other desired 3-space location in the universe. In other words, the old "warp-jump" idea. If it could ever be developed, of course, that would really be the way to travel.

Time can also be modeled as 3-space EM wave energy (common old transverse EM wave energy) compressed by the factor c2, where c is the speed of light. So it's REALLY a "stiff spring energy", when compared to normal EM energy in 3-space. Time has the same energy density as mass, for example.

First, observe physical phenomena occurring. When we observe with our mass-system (body senses), we apply a d/dt operator to spacetime LLLT (three linear dimensions and time), thereby stripping off the T and leaving LLL. That is why all observation is 3-spatial, as is well-known in physics. This observation process is continual and rather massive, so we have a continual stream of observations LLL interspersed with LLLT while the next observation is in process (very fast, but not totally instantaneous). In short, our senses (observation systems) are cutting into spacetime and back out with a frozen 3-space slice, at an incredible rate. That's what observation is, which most scientists studying mind have confused with mind!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I agree. Getting slightly off topic I suppose, I feel that as conciousness exits the 'biological' shell, linear time no longer appears as a reality-past, present, future all exist simultaniously. I have heard supposed transcripts that higher or 'free' consciousnesses have passed onto ITC researchers in which they liken time to being like a giant, circular disc of information-accessible at any point. Advanced conscious beings or energies are able to think, or 'will' themselves to any point on this informational disc they choose according to what has been passed on. I wonder if this applies to some of the beings we see visiting and dematerializing now, and since the beginning of recorded history?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Interesting arguement concerning the concept that time is not linear, but circular:

Do people really need to prove time is circular rather than linear?

Shouldn't those people who consider time to be linear first disprove what reality says, that time is circular?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
At first I found some of these posts intriguing. Then I found them quite often.

Now I have come to the conclusion that Esoteric Teacher = E. T. !!!

Aha!

I knew there was a method to the madness.

Sorry John, couldn't resist.

new topics

top topics

join