It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are they going to put Saddam on Trial?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
How can the Bush Adminstration (and other entities) allow an open trial of Saddam? What will happen when he spills all of their little secrets?

What will happen when he tells the court the source of his Weapons of Mass Destruction: the US?

What will happen when he tells the court how the US turned a blind eye to his gassing of the Kurds and Iranian troops?

The mass graves filled with people who were encouraged to revolt by the US and then abandoned? (After Desert Storm)

What about the other dirty little secrets?

Whatever...he'll probably have an "accident" or the public will ignore it completely.

[Edited on 12/17/2003 by Flinx]

[Edited on 12/17/2003 by Flinx]

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well since they handed him over to the CIA recently, I'm sure that if he goes to trial, he will have his story straight.

CIA to drill...err grill Saddam.

Another thing that makes one wonder, with $750,000 on him, why the heck was he so grungy? He deffinetly could afford a razor and could have has a much nicer hole to hide in, one with an escape route perhaps?

Nothing adds up, hopefully the CIA can help him figure out his story. Since there is so obviously not one...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
What the hell was he doing 16 miles away from his hometown?
I think thiers alot that does not add up.
I would hope that the persecution come from the UN, and mainly the Iraqi people and those who suffered from his hands.
Deep

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
There will be no trial as such, he will not get of with anything better then a firering squad. I hope they televise it

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
How can Saddam be held at this moment? What are the charges to keep him locked up and interrogated? There's nothing the U.S. can charge him with, or so that I can tell right now.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   
He can and will be tried for human rights violations, of his people while he was dictator. Do a search on any search engne, for " saddam human rights violations", and you will see the crimes.

As for an American trial, it doesn't apply as he isn't a citizen...or is there something not being shared?

new topics

top topics

join