It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange pillow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm new here, and am a bit overwhelmed by the size of this place, so please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong forum. This seemed like the correct place.

My aunt has a very large beanbag pillow that she's owned for at least 20 years. It is bright red and fuzzy and is big enough to sleep on. When I was growing up, my sister and I would often spend a couple of weeks with her in the summer, and I always slept on the big pillow. I noticed that I would have very good dreams almost every night I slept on the pillow, but I really didn't think anything of it.

Fast-forward to ten years ago, and I briefly lived with her while I was in college. She and my uncle purchased a new house and were planning on moving. For some reason, the topic of the moving the beanbag came up, and I told her I was glad she was keeping it. She asked why, and I explained about my good dreams, feeling a little bit foolish. My aunt is no nonsense and quickly replied that she had never had it reupholstered because she and her stepdaughter (my cousin by marriage) had experienced the same phenomenon while sleeping on it. I was, and still am, fascinated by this. I have no idea why this would occur, but it made me feel better to know that I wasn't the only one who had experienced it. Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
where did she get it from? do you still have good dreams when you sleep on it now? what kind of dreams do you have?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
My uncle bought it at a furniture store in Wyoming a long time ago, probably 25 years ago. I haven't slept on it in a long time, but I had good dreams almost every time I used it, starting when I spent the night as a child up until I moved in with them when I was 18. The dreams weren't like premonitions or anything, just dreams...but they were always happy, good dreams that were memorable.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Perhaps you were just extremely comfortable? relaxed?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
Perhaps you were just extremely comfortable? relaxed?

I would tend to agree. Have you slept on any other beanbags since then? Perhaps u feel so relaxed and comfortable, it is mirrored in your dreams. Hmm might get me a beanbag now hehe.

Peace,
- Naz

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Maybe the filling or covering of the beanbag gives off some sort of gas that works as a "dream drug" but I think JB has the right idea; you are just very relaxed.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well hold on,many people including me have experienced having a "good luck" charm like the old idea of a rabbits foot on a key chain bringing good luck.Hockey players that wear the same t-shirt or socks as a good luck item to win a game over and over.It is possible that objects can have something to make them good for us.Some kind of positive energy perhaps?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Maybe the filling or covering of the beanbag gives off some sort of gas that works as a "dream drug" but I think JB has the right idea; you are just very relaxed.

I agree, could also be a scent, I found i slept heavily when i stayed at my grandparents place, I think it was mainly due to the comfort their house presented along with the smell.

new topics

top topics

join