It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you say about a White History Month?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Y'all have White History Year.

No truthseeka, that's not true. Did you read my post .. whereever the heck it is in this thread ... about what my daughter has in history class this year? Remember?

- The Roman Empire
- The Greeks
- Native American Indians - different tribes, customs, histories, etc.
- Egypt and the North African histories
- Immigrants to America - Ellis Island
- Founding Fathers of America (sorry Truthseeka, but this IS important!)
- Black History - Rosa Parks, MLK, etc.

Your statement that all year is 'white history' is dead wrong.

BHM was Negro History Week.

You once asked why BHM was during February, the shortest month of the year. You implied it was because it was the shortest month. The fact is that Black History Month started out as a history WEEK .. in February. Later, it was expanded to include the whole month. It had nothing to do with picking the shortest month. It was an expansion of an existing week.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There is an online petition (actually there are a couple) for a WHM!

And did you know that the NBA celebrated WHM a couple of years ago?

NBA honors Caucasions

This is interesting!

-- Who was Dr. Carter G. Woodson?

* Launched Negro History Week in 1926, chosen in the second week of February between the birthdays of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln, which evolved into Black History Month in 1976

In 1926! Interesting, it's the same year the Chief started dancing! Golly, the Chief retired this year, even though he was a long standing tradition. I wonder if people would be so brave as to retire BHM?

Ha! Not a chance!
(I laugh because I have a sense of humor.)

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
I would say that...whites are history, almost. A few decades from now, there will be no countries in the world where whites are majoriry. A little after that, there will be no whites.

So, yes, white history month will be held by other races, to remember the non-existant white race.

Not even in Europe?

I find that hard to believe, despite the declining birth rates and populations there.

Besides, the powers that be will eventually exterminate 85-95% of the world population; I'm sure they'll make sure Europeans are killed to a lesser extent than everyone else.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Isn't funny the NBA has busted barriers before and no one knows about it. Like the Black coach in the finals happened in the NBA back in the 70's

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I find that hard to believe, despite the declining birth rates and populations there.
I'm sure they'll make sure Europeans are killed to a lesser extent than everyone else.

Doesn't matter my friend. A simple look at any map will remind you of who the "minoroties" truly are.

Demographics being what they are, I am sure you can figure out where this is all heading.

These things have a way of working themselves out.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So how about an American Indian History Month, OR ASIAN, OR MEXICAN, or any other color you can dream up? Would having a white history month make ya feel good eh?

Like others have said, white... yeah that's pretty broad.

ITS ALL ABOUT ME ME ME ME

MYYYYY TRIIIIBE!

Could someone please tell me how many "non-white" presidents the USA has had? kthx.

Just lol.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
I'm in favor of showing the same respect to all races in the months. Including White people.

If they don't have a WHM then they should disband all other months.

But you forget how there was this thing called Slavery, which was comprised of Africans, which our nation exploited and used to bolster our economy. Not so long ago.

One of the things we all should have learned by now is that, you can't show favortism to any one group.

The government should.. SHOULD.. be like a perfect set of parents, who show their love EQUALLY to all of their children. There should be no favorites. When one parent favors one child the other eventually grows a hatred of that parent and especially that child who is shown favortism. If we want to stamp out hatred of others, we need to be treated as equals.

[edit on 14-2-2007 by Royal76]

Sadly the world is not perfect, and never shall be, so why expect such a thing? TBH IMO BHM (holy acronyms!) is more like an OOOPS OUR BAD ploy by our govt.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Let them have their White History Month. They've been kicking and screaming this long. Let them have it. After all, what they want they eventually get. They whine, whine, whine until they get the powers that be to give them what they want.

After that that, they remain silent in their lording over others.

So, give them the damn month. Let the dominant culture win. They always do.

I've just learned that right now. Give them what they want and they mysteriously shut up. Perhaps that's the trick.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by ceci2006]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
So how about an American Indian History Month, OR ASIAN, OR MEXICAN,

Hispanic Heritage Month is in September.
American Indian Heritage Month is November.
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month is in May.

Just FYI.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Lysergic
So how about an American Indian History Month, OR ASIAN, OR MEXICAN,

Hispanic Heritage Month is in September.
American Indian Heritage Month is November.
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month is in May.

Just FYI.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

oh? I never recall them being taught to me in school, or seeing anything on the tv (history channel) about them. I guess I learn something new every day eh?

Maybe there is a hidden WHM I'm just not aware of as well lol!

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There are a lot of us who had to have our history classes inundated with White history. Funny. It didn't sound by the way the history was portrayed that anyone "european" was disappearing to me.

Perhaps they doth protest too much?

Oh well. Maybe too little.

Three links are not going to disprove the years and years of neglect of other histories.

But in the guise of giving them what they want, let's forget about that and focus on white history. It's just begging for attention after lingering in victimhood.

But don't worry. Keep on perpetuating the big lie.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by ceci2006]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Doesn't matter my friend. A simple look at any map will remind you of who the "minoroties" truly are.

Demographics being what they are, I am sure you can figure out where this is all heading.

These things have a way of working themselves out.

Indeed, you are quite right on this one.

Btw, what's a thought terrorist? Am I going to have to report you to Homeland Security?
But really, I'm quite curious on this one.

Arabian SIIIIIIIIIDE!!!!!

I have no idea where that came from.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
African American went the first and aren't the last people to be enslaved.

To the point, why does slavery have anything to do with it. Should we only have months for those who used to be slaves

You cannot have equality without EQUALITY.

Are you trying to Tell me BH only covers one area of Africa. Black History is just as broad as a White History month would be.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Indeed, you are quite right on this one.
Btw, what's a thought terrorist? Am I going to have to report you to Homeland Security?
But really, I'm quite curious on this one.
Arabian SIIIIIIIIIDE!!!!!

Are you suggesting that all terrorists are arab? I am offended, that's generalizing sir.

What about a terrorist awareness month, oh wait sorry, that's what this thread is about.

Seriously though, please don't report me to homeland security. I have enough problems as it is, and I am sure that the file transfer from the DOJ will not help things either.

Thought terrorist is something I came up with based off of Orwell's thought crime, and thought police/ thought criminals in 1984.

I changed it to terrorist to reflect the changing times.

I just kind of like the idea of placing mind bombs.

Enough about me.

Someone said it earlier. White history month will probably exist in the future as a reminder of the lost white race.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Are you suggesting that all terrorists are arab? I am offended, that's generalizing sir.

Seriously though, please don't report me to homeland security. I have enough problems as it is, and I am sure that the file transfer from the DOJ will not help things either.

Thought terrorist is something I came up with based off of Orwell's thought crime, and thought police/ thought criminals in 1984.

I changed it to terrorist to reflect the changing times.

I just kind of like the idea of placing mind bombs.

Enough about me.

Someone said it earlier. White history month will probably exist in the future as a reminder of the lost white race.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

Nah, man...

I wasn't saying Arabs are the only terrorists. The Arabian Side thing came from a song I heard a while back. I've been saying that all day for some reason...

I gotcha on the thought terrorism. Pretty good twist on Orwell's thing.

I just don't see white people going extinct. After all, one of the biggest groups of globalists, the Bilderberg Group, are exclusively North American and European (though by nationality, not race). And, anyone who's been paying attention to conspiracies knows that the globalists want to exterminate most of the world.

I simply don't see them exterminating all people of European descent...but who knows, those spitheads love death.
The sad thing is, I think they've won this one. We're gonna need some help...

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What you are saying is that you would support this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Nah, man...

I wasn't saying Arabs are the only terrorists. The Arabian Side thing came from a song I heard a while back. I've been saying that all day for some reason...

I gotcha on the thought terrorism. Pretty good twist on Orwell's thing.

I just don't see white people going extinct. After all, one of the biggest groups of globalists, the Bilderberg Group, are exclusively North American and European (though by nationality, not race). And, anyone who's been paying attention to conspiracies knows that the globalists want to exterminate most of the world.

I simply don't see them exterminating all people of European descent...but who knows, those spitheads love death.
The sad thing is, I think they've won this one. We're gonna need some help...

I know, it was just a joke.

As for white people going extinct, they have been on that verge for millinae, what makes you think that anything has changed. Like I said, a simple look at a map will show you who the minorities truly are.

Anyways, as for "them" exterminating white people, of course not. There is no need to exterminate them.

Just listen to any right winger's description of modern day Europe and I am sure you will understand what I am saying.

Or were Muslim/Arabic youth not creating an international stir not so long ago in the heart of Europe?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
What you are saying is that you would support this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I gotta put the knuckles on for a sec here...

Learn how to READ! I am typing in English, your primary (probably only) language. My English skills are quite impeccable, as you will NOT see me use bad spelling too often. In other words, I am typing in an easily readable fashion.

Now...use your reading skills and ask yourself that question again.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Phoenix...

As I said before, Europe's population, in general, is indeed declining. I'm not sure if this has been happening for millenia, though.

And, of course, the "real" minority can be seen through demographics. What did Russell Simmons say? Something like "80% of the world is black or brown [he could have included yellow, too], but they call you 'minorities.'" It's important to look at the numbers in that perspective, I agree.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
White people have not been a "majority" worldwide for many hundred of years. The only time you find minority a good word is when it benifits you. How about a month for the real minority.

Hey Lysergic I feel a little burnt just looking at your avatar.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join