It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you say about a White History Month?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
You've misconstrued my words again.

Your words are right there for all to see. I answered your questions as best as I could. Perhaps you didn't say what you really meant, but I didn't misconstrue your words.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yes you did. But forget it. Obviously you will do whatever you want to without caring about anyone else.

I rather just focus on the topic right now.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

This is an issue that surfaces every February, like clockwork, when Black History Month rolls around. I have the answer to the question: it is, quite simply, because every month is White History Month.
37days.typepad.com...

Is this always going to be the response to the question

Another thought on the subject:

www.boston.com...

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This will not always be the answer to this question. Because there will be someone who takes offense to this like the some people take offense to an ALL white ... Well an all white anything ... hahahaha ...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76

This is an issue that surfaces every February, like clockwork, when Black History Month rolls around. I have the answer to the question: it is, quite simply, because every month is White History Month.
37days.typepad.com...

www.boston.com...

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Royal76]

What can you say? Hard to argue with the truth...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Apparently so.

Thanks. I said the exact same thing on page 5 of this thread...

Hello? *knock, knock, knock* Is this thing on? Am I on Global Ignore?

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Would it make me a racist to want to celebrate my whiteness

For those of you who would say that ever day is White History day, month, etc. Its not, its someone elses.

It is really starting to irritate me that I should show respect and admiration for everyone elses skin color, creed, nationality, etc. When I am automatically considered a skin head, or racist if I were to respect my own.

I am not a racist. I was raised in schools as a child that were more like the United nations than anything else. This is why I have never been able to hate someone because of there skin, or any non controlable feature. I only hate people who are idiots.

What do you think. Please keep to topic

White History month would consist of how white man has murdered, raped and pillaged.... How he's systematically tried to destroy other peoples culture due to a lack of culture himself. How he's hoarded resources and wiped the crumbs from his table to the people he places at his own feet.

How about Human History month? .. Why all the separation ?
We're all people regardless of color or religion. People need to get a damn grip..

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
White History month would consist of how white man has murdered, raped and pillaged.... How he's systematically tried to destroy other peoples culture due to a lack of culture himself. How he's hoarded resources and wiped the crumbs from his table to the people he places at his own feet.

That's racist nonsense and anyone who seriously believes it distinguishes himself from the KKK only by lack of a ridiculous costume.

An emphasis on human history is in fact a good idea, but if let's take that to heart. Humans do a lot of foul stuff to one another, and this primitive behavior knows no racial bounds. Human beings on Easter Island destroyed their environment and ultimately eachother in a contest over who had cooler tributes to their ancestors. Human beings in Mexico ripped people's still-beating hearts from their chests to commemorate a really really big pile of rocks to an invisible man. Human beings from America planted small-pox in goods given as peace offerings. Human beings in Africa are still bogged down in the kind of racist/tribal wars upon which most human nations are founded. In the middle east human beings kill eachother (especially women) over sex... come to think of it, they kill people over sex almost everywhere, though the middle east is rather conspicuous about it. In Asia human beings have found ways of waging war that even kind of gross white people out, Nanking being one of several ready examples.

And we've all got our own triumps and cultures as well. In the West it can be easily missed because it is seen as a default- you don't think of the stuff you see every day as culturally rich but that's just familiarity for you. We've got our own music, drama, literature, etc with substantial accomplishments in all. We've got our own cuisine... with varying levels of success; I've never been particularly fond of anything involving intestines or other unsanitary organs (Yes, I'm talking to you, Scotts and Germans, though I'll forgive them on the grounds of their greater contributions to the art of getting drunk).

Accusing people of not having a culture, or of being the root of evil in the world is a ridiculous standard line for racists of whatever stripe. The accusation that a given culture is parastic, without the capability to generate culture, is straight out of mein kampf. If you insist I'll look up the quote for you. It's just a tired old trick for dehumanizing the enemy, as old as the words barbarian and savage.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Every come back is: well white people did this, or white people did that.

You have to group all negative a few did with all of White people. I guess we should blame all Black people (African American to others), with the fact that they were slaves at all. Wasn't it there own people who captured and sold their own people down the river

Do all people think that White People were the only people who ever did anything wrong

How about Human History month? .. Why all the separation ?
We're all people regardless of color or religion. People need to get a damn grip..

This is a noble concept PuRe EnErGy, I would tend to agree on this point.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
May or may not be a racist... But he killed this thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Again, I say NO to a WHM.

Why does this ONLY come up during BHM?
And besides, it's the shortest month in the year, BHM. All the other months make up White History Year.

Some of you talk about teaching history in an integrated fashion. Well...too late. Had white people thought about that before ignoring black history, there would BE NO BHM. Yet now, there are talks about WHM. It's too late; the damage is done, so deal with BHM.

If you don't like seeing black people and their history discussed on TV, change the channel. You can flip ONE CHANNEL and see the proportion of black people GREATLY diminish. If you don't want your kids hearing about BHM in school, tell them to ignore it or to just deal with it until it's over; they have the rest of the year (school year, in this case).

I like BHM because I learn something new about my people's history each year. And that's great, because I hated history throughout school.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Did I say we should outlaw BHM

Round up all the people who discuss it and beat them or something

Why does BHM have anything to do with this

February is too short for you, take January, WHM will proudly take February.

You go first, we can go second. Or maybe we could have a week in October next to Halloween. Everybody could dress up as white people while trick or treating and scare the neighbors.

Just a note, soon we will be out of "Black History Month" and into "Women's History Month"

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Just a note, soon we will be out of "Black History Month" and into "Women's History Month"

Yay! Girl Power!

Now I suppose we're going to hear a bunch of whining about Men's History Month!

Just kidding! I would LOVE to have a Men's History Month! I love men and don't feel threatened by them, I don't hate them and even though I have been oppressed by men - and women have historically been oppressed by men - I live in the now, not the past and I embrace men and would participate fully in a MHM!

Go men!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thank you to Benevolent Heretic

I think there should be a "I Love Women Month" or is that what were suppost to do in March. Because I love Women.

Anybody who oppresses women, do it on a power trip and, are just insecure @$$holes.

You will have no disagreement from me about WoHM. They are what creates and nutures all life.

Plus without them what would be the point of going on.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Knowing how I feel about a Men's History Month, I cannot possibley understand the objection to a White History Month (which is the subject of this thread).

I wouldn't feel threatened or jealous or discounted in any way by a Gay History Month, Latino Awareness Month, Rich People's Month, White Heterosexual Man's Month, Mixed Race Awareness Month, or a Kiss Your Doctor's Butt Month, even though I am none of those.

I cannot possibly understand the strong objection to WHM other than hatred, insecurity and plain old-fashioned vengeance.

But I care not! I will have my Women's History Month!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I still say no to a WHM.

I still say the rest of the year is White History Year.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Why is it so easy to support a Women's History Month and not BHM?

What is the difference between these two months? After all, both address subcultures within the larger dominant culture.

I think some fail to see the irony in openly voicing the support for Women's History month and not complain that all months should be disbanded in that case.

I mean, by supporting Women's History month, are we not segregating there as well?

Shouldn't women's history be "integrated" within all the other histories in White History year?

[edit on 13-2-2007 by ceci2006]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Why is it so easy to support a Women's History Month and not BHM?

What is the difference between these two months? After all, both address subcultures within the larger dominant culture.

I think some fail to see the irony in openly voicing the support for Women's History month and not complain that all months such be disbanded in that case.

I mean, by supporting Women's History month, are we not segregating here as well?

Shouldn't women's history be "integrated" within all the other histories in White History year?

HEEEEY....

Interesting point. Interesting that some would have no problems with a Women's History Month, yet have problems with Black History Month.

But hey, Ceci, you ain't gotta be a rocket scientist to know why...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I think some fail to see ....

YOU fail to see that people are just kidding around. BH already said that there are no 'history months' needed. She's obviously just having fun.

Originally posted by truthseeka
But hey, Ceci, you ain't gotta be a rocket scientist to know why...

Yeah ... to know why ... they are kidding around.

[edit on 2/13/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Anything to explain away the obliviousness continually expressed on this thread. :shk:

But then again, I've read all sorts of explainations that would support the long drawn out denial that continues to happen in subjects like these.

I'm not surprised anymore and rather underwhelmed.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join