Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What would you say about a White History Month?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Would it make me a racist to want to celebrate my whiteness

For those of you who would say that ever day is White History day, month, etc. Its not, its someone elses.

It is really starting to irritate me that I should show respect and admiration for everyone elses skin color, creed, nationality, etc. When I am automatically considered a skin head, or racist if I were to respect my own.

I am not a racist. I was raised in schools as a child that were more like the United nations than anything else. This is why I have never been able to hate someone because of there skin, or any non controlable feature. I only hate people who are idiots.

What do you think. Please keep to topic

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Nothing. People are too afraid to talk about it even in a discussion. Its not PC to say such things.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Im not and I fully agree, yes there should be a white history month. The question is, where do you start? I mean white history is LONG. Do you start in biblical times or do you start in ancient Greece?

What about steppe people? the tocharians? Where do they fit into white history?

IT would just be very complicated since Whites are really the only ones besides the orientals to write down their history. The rest is oral history and can be unreliable.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
When you say white history month, what do you mean by that?

Skin color, because a lot of people fall into that category. Do you mean cultural background? Or do you mean the history of the country of which you currently reside?

Eg. This could include, Russians, Scandinavians, Italians, Greeks, Britsh, etc. Also how do you determine who qualifies for white history month?

Just to give you an example on another forum, there was a thread about who qualifies as being a real canadian. The only ones who qulified in some peoples books were people that had British or French heritage, who were born in Canada, and who spoke english or french, anyone else was considered disqualified. German, Italian, Greek etc. They were also considered as ethnics and did not qualify for the who is a real Canadian thread.

So for white history month, who's history are you going to be celebrating? Irish, British, French, Scottish? Also how can you ensure that each person get's an equal share and that it does not fall apart into something where people get upset because they don't feel represented? Depending on how broad your definition is, you will either have a lot of people, or you will have a lot of people feeling excluded.

Also how do you determine who qualifies for white history month? I mean is it anyone who has white ansestry or just more recent people? Cause if you go back enough a lot of people are mixed somehow.

Just questions to consider if you were going to start a white history month. I don't think anyone here so far thought of you as a skin head or a racist. This is a pretty open forum most of the time.

Also which month will you choose? December is taken, Feb, Summer months are pretty busy with other festivities, just a thought.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Harassment101]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Im all for a white history month. Lets get a white caucus in congress.
We can have white parades downtown and white scolarships.

I remember there was a school last Fall with the college Republicans setting up a Caucasian scholarship. It was only $100 but they set it up to prove a point. That anything labeled by race is itself racist, trying to get it across to people that scholarships for any ethinicity are racist. But of course only white things can be racist so all the outrage was completely short-sighted and with blinders on. They did not understand the hypocrasy of being outraged by a white scholarship all the while going to school because of a black or hispanic or even a womens scholarship.

Its a two-way street but everyone wants it one way. Non-whites only.

So bring on the white history month. Lets just hope redneck Klansmen dont ruin it for the rest of us. Its white-history. Not white-power.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
yep only whites can be racist.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I disagree.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't think there should be a White History Month. Again, most of what we learn in America is about white people.

Just remember, if whites hadn't previously pretended like they were the only ones that mattered in America, we wouldn't even have Black History Month.
Had the approach been more inclusive of other groups than Eurocentric, we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion in this thread now.

I can understand where y'all are coming from with honoring your heritage. But hey, it is what it is.

And Xphiles, don't forget that the Indians (from India) and some Africans (the Ethiopians and Egyptians) also have recorded their histories.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What about a WET ... White Entertainment Television ... Channel where only white people can be on .... What about Juneteenth ... being June 16th for White people .... What about "White Power" lets start running around in sheets again ... and we will get peoples attention ... LOL ... Our ancestors brought this upon us ... And then Our fathers before us brought this BEFORE US .. Why did we ever apologize ??? The indians is the only people that we should ever apologize to we ran them outta their homes ... If we would have left the South Americans alone they would still be over there Clickin thier tounges at one another .... Living Savagely ... Of maybe some of them would have made it over here .. But that would have only been the ones that wanted to get out of the turmoil that they brought upon thierselves ....

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A friend of mine was talking about this stuff last week. He said something I thought was quite profound if not incredibly simple.

"When we gave up our rights all we were left with was wrongs."

On the subject of why a white male in his 20s-40s is blamed all of the evils of the world and is generally the only group that isnt allowed handouts, excuses or any leadway whatsoever.

We're the worlds doormat now for any bully anywhere to wipe the dog doo off of his feet on.

What can I do? All I have are wrongs. I owe everyone everything. Being a 28 year old white male and all.

I could only imagine the uproar if I were Christian as well. Its a miracle I havent been drug through the streets and hung in the square.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
most of what we learn in America is about white people.

My daughter's 6th grade history/social studies class so far this year -

- Native American Indian tribes and cultures (differences in them, etc)

- Immigrants - including a field trip to Ellis Island (focus on Italy but all groups included)

- Ancient Rome and Ancient Italy (Mediteranean, not 'white')

- Now they are on Ancient Egypt (Africa/Mediteranean)

For Hispanic Heritage Month there were posters on the walls but not much else.

For Black Heritage Month there are posters on the walls and book reports/projects due. MLK day had an assembly with speakers and news clips from MLKs speech as well as news clips from that time period.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
What would you say about a White History Month

Actually, I don't favor a ______ month for anyone (fill in the blank).

I think it's segregating. It's also going to clog up the calendar.

Hispanic History Month, Black History Month, Native American Indian History Month, Asian-American History Month, Gay Pride Month, Transgendered/bi-sexual Month, etc etc etc

It's going to end up silly. IMHO

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
History is written by the winners, is the general term that comes to mind, or in a great many cases the oppressors.

Know one should feel victimised when history digs deeper, I'm sure we all would prefer to see the truth of history as opposed to a biased view point that we are taught depending on the region we are brought up.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
On the subject of why a white male in his 20s-40s is blamed all of the evils of the world and is generally the only group that isnt allowed handouts, excuses or any leadway whatsoever.

We're the worlds doormat now for any bully anywhere to wipe the dog doo off of his feet on.

Just a guess here... but I think this is because most of the people that hold real power in the USA are and have been white males 20-40. I mean, most of congress, all of the presidents, most of the rich CEO's. You don't get handouts because people see you as the one whos in the position to be giving the handouts.

True or not, and lets face it there is plenty of truth to it, you yourself obviously aren't this, but thats what you represent, and you get to pay for the sins of your fellow white males between the ages of 20-40

Its not fair, but then that unfairness is what everyone else had to deal with before.

White appreciation is fine in concept, but you know what would happen; you'd be labeled a racist, plain and simple, be it right or wrong.

Tea

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Caucasoid or Mongoloid (The jury is still out.)

- Immigrants - including a field trip to Ellis Island (focus on Italy but all groups included)

Caucasoid

Caucasoid

DNA has proven the Egyptians were originally from Greece, so . . . Caucasoid

Caucasoid

For Black Heritage Month there are posters on the walls and book reports/projects due. MLK day had an assembly with speakers and news clips from MLKs speech as well as news clips from that time period.

Negroid.

+++++
You left out any Asian references, so I provide the following information:

Mongoloid
+++++

There are three major groups of Homo sapiens:

1. Caucasoid
  2. Mongoloid
  3. Negroid

For those who are curious, the Arabs and the like are Caucasoid.

Thus endeth the lesson.

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Tea]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tea

Caucasoid or Mongoloid (The jury is still out.)

Caucasoid

Caucasoid

DNA has proven the Egyptians were originally from Greece, so . . . Caucasoid

Caucasoid

Negroid.

+++++
You left out any Asian references, so I provide the following information:

Mongoloid
+++++

There are three major groups of Homo sapiens:

1. Caucasoid
  2. Mongoloid
  3. Negroid

For those who are curious, the Arabs and the like are Caucasoid.

Thus endeth the lesson.

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Tea]

Thats so awsome! Im gonna create an alter-ego, Cauca-ziod and periodically transform into a giant mechanical executive!

I hope I get to shoot lasers from my eyes.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The only time this is going to end is when we have a human history month and we recognise that all people's history is everyone's history. All the struggles, hatred, love, search for equality, it's all our history.

Many people have stories of oppression. Blacks and Jews went through slavery, the Scottish suffered under the Brits, others have served out oppression, others have had it, others have strived for independence, others have strived to be included. Some of us feel more affected in our present form by one history more than another because of our color, where we are from, or who our ancestors were, but we all have commonalities in our histories, and if we could recognise that, I think things would go a long way.

Also if we had true equality in our countries, there would not need to be an any people's month, because everyone would feel included and equal, this was not the case, and this was not happening and that is why you have separate groups having to highlight their histories, which were being ignored and buried or pushed aside.

I would like to see a human history month, where we all find commonalities that make us human, and the peoples who we are today, where we all focus on what's come and gone in our common past's and where we hope to go in the future.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
What about a WET ... White Entertainment Television ... Channel where only white people can be on .... What about Juneteenth ... being June 16th for White people .... What about "White Power" lets start running around in sheets again ... and we will get peoples attention ... LOL ... Our ancestors brought this upon us ... And then Our fathers before us brought this BEFORE US .. Why did we ever apologize ??? The indians is the only people that we should ever apologize to we ran them outta their homes ... If we would have left the South Americans alone they would still be over there Clickin thier tounges at one another .... Living Savagely ... Of maybe some of them would have made it over here .. But that would have only been the ones that wanted to get out of the turmoil that they brought upon thierselves ....

WTF?

Look at this guy. For one, the US government still REFUSES to apologize for slavery. But, I love the next thing you say better, about the South Americans.

They would still be living as savages? Wow...just, wow. I'm sure you're aware that a number of cultures around the world had civilizations and kingdoms when Europeans lived as "savages," as you say. Wow...I'm still shaking my head on that one...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Tea,

The Egyptians came from Greece?

ROFLMMFAO!

Please. The Egyptians came from AFRICA. The Egyptians influenced the Greeks; all of the great Greek minds studied in Egypt. The Egyptians were Africans, not "Caucasoids," as you say.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
The Egyptians came from AFRICA.

Everyone did. All human life came out of Africa if you go back far enough. At least that's what the scientists say.

Tea

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It's sad to see so many uneducated people. I don't know why I waste my time here.

Some of you need to do a great deal more reading, or you need to take the leap, attend college, and do something other than drink beer and fornicate.

No wonder the world thinks Americans are stupid. Many of them are, and they wear it like a pathetic badge.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution