It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More WATS Please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I asked for more Wats ballots once.
About a year and a half ago, I think.

The answer I got, was very succinctly put.
It went somthing like this:

NO!

That was pretty much it.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
To second what thelibra has mentioned, I too have noticed that the monthly has not been awarded since October I think. I do not recollect who won for November, December or January. One of the last months I can remember is Esoteric Teacher and Muaddib shared the award.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
we should be able to pass the votes off to someone who wants to use them. I rarely ever use mine and would gladly give them to someon who would

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
I couldn't help but notice that the monthly WATS award hasn't been regularly awarded or announced since about last August... any idea why?

I had noticed the same thing. I actually thought one month that I may have won because I got so many votes.

What good is getting more votes to give if the winner isn't announced?

These are the recent threads that mention WATS:

Who is the WATS winner of 2006?
WATS for October
September... Jack Tripper

So... who's been carrying around the award since October of last year?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Still He Believes...

I'm a she ... a girl.

everybody will work harder, but if you found ATS first they will forever be behind you. This is not equal rights.

Yes, it's equal rights. Everyone else would have an equal right to the same number of WATS that senior members have .. when they get to that point in their careers.

It's called .. those that work longer and harder get more rewards.
They EARN them. I realize communism doesn't work that way,
but of course that's why it always fails. Hard work doesn't pay off
in communism the way it does with democracy. No incentives = failure.

But like I said ... this is getting ignored by the MODS so it doesn't look like it's going to go anywheres anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by df1
Still He Believes...

I'm a she ... a girl.

*pockets dollar*

It's called .. those that work longer and harder get more rewards.
They EARN them.

I agree. I think this is an excellent idea, FF. Of course, members that have been around for longer are still members, but I think a little perk like that would be fair. I was thinking the other day that maybe there should at the least be a nifty little point bonus for each member's anniversary.

I also liked the idea of u2u notification if you recieve a WATS. It wouldn't even be required to say who gave you the WATS, just that you recieved one.

Thanks for bringing this up FlyersFan.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

extra WATS votes should , IMHO not just be doled out

only having 3 makes them special - rather than just cast on a whim

My opinion as well...as a member, not as staff...
What we really need is for more members to actually USE the 3 they have...

I tell you, one down side to being a mod...no WATS votes to give out each month...
But, at least we get to applaud a good post when we see it...
I miss having the votes.... please, please, take advantage of them and use them!!!

What good is getting more votes to give if the winner isn't announced?

Well, there isn't always a winner... As I understand it, there's a necessary amount of votes needed in addition to getting the most... If nobody meets the criteria that month, then no winner...

This is a situation ENTIRELY in the hands of the members to change though...by simply USING your votes!

[edit on 6-2-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I find there are plenty of people deserving of WATS, so I give them all out at the end of each month. If everyone did this we would start having more winners.

As to deserving, that is a personal choice the givers need to make based upon their own values. All else is authoritarian and invites dissention.

I also don't think people should be notified until they get the award. That way there is no lost expectations and the surprise is more succulent.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, it is nice to see the votes, even if you don't get it...

Kind of the "honor just to be nominated" kind of thing...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join