It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of an ET on the moon???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
What in the world am I supposed to be looking for in those images? I see absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. What is this about a being?

This has to be a joke...I'm really confused.

I was confused at first too, as I was looking for something wierd but its the picture of the astronaut that the author of that site is claiming is not an astronaut but a "visitor". He's way off base.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
John Lear has some very interesting threads in his section that discuss the supposed atmosphere on the moon. There are some great back and forth arguments on those threads.

As for the 'other astronaut' pic, it really does appear to be photoshopped; and not a very clever one at that.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Originally posted by Royal76
He could be one of John Lears miners out speculating on possible new moon gas sites.

I don't think so. There is a breathable atmosphere on the moon. The only ones wearing moon suits are Apollo astronauts fooling the gullible public.

Please elaborate on the breathable lunar atmosphere - just an approximate surface pressure and composition. For comparison, earth atmospheric pressure at sea level is roughly 101.3 kPa, and its two principal components are approximately 80% nitrogen and 20 % oxygen. It would be easy to substantiate your assertion by observing lunar occultations.
Much thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I don't think so. There is a breathable atmosphere on the moon. The only ones wearing moon suits are Apollo astronauts fooling the gullible public.

Sorry, but if there was any kind of atmosphere on the moon, breathable or otherwise there would be no terminator, which is the razor sharp line between night and day.

If there was an atmosphere, the change from night to day would be more gradual as it is on Earth.

This can be clearly viewed with a small telescope right here on Earth.

[edit on 4/2/07 by Insomniac]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac

Sorry, but if there was any kind of atmosphere on the moon, breathable or otherwise there would be no terminator, which is the razor sharp line between night and day.

If there was an atmosphere, the change from night to day would be more gradual as it is on Earth.

This can be clearly viewed with a small telescope right here on Earth.

[edit on 4/2/07 by Insomniac]

Isn't that sharp contrast from light to dark because the moon does not rotate? What does that have to do with whether or not there is an atmosphere?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
if the other thing isn't an astronaut then are you saying there are robots on the moon? because its clearly not made out of creature material.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_Heisenberg
It would be easy to substantiate your assertion by observing lunar occultations. Much thanks.

Of course. Lets see some of those observations. Both Palomar and Wilson took well publicized photos between 1954 and 1958 of the moon. Surely they have photographic evidence of those occultations. Lunar Orbiter, Clementine and Hubble all of which must have visual proof.

Both Pickering (The Moon) and Firsoff (Strange World of the Moon) presented evidence of a gaseous atmosphere on the moon.

I'm sure that you could present evidence through video proof that the moon has no atmosphere. Where do we look? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
He could be one of John Lears miners out speculating on possible new moon gas sites.

Exactly!! Don't we know that there is already a fully functional Moon Base? It's been up there since the 60s. Remember, the pic taken of Armstrong's first step on the Moon? Who took it? It was taken by a third person probably sent out from one of the Moon Bases.

Ok, OK. I know I sound like I've gone bonkers!! Ask John Lear or Sleeper. And then decide.

Or you can even read this: Moon Base Photo Seen By Top Security AF Vet!

The truth is out there!!

[edit on 5-2-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
i think that AFV who wrote the above aritcle was on jose escamilas film and they showed the photos on there. As for the E.T on the moon i think after looking at it closely it dosent look alien just another person in space suiit or like someone else sed a photoshoped image.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One

Isn't that sharp contrast from light to dark because the moon does not rotate? What does that have to do with whether or not there is an atmosphere?

Actually the moon DOES rotate. It's the reason we see the same side at all times. The moon is in a 28 day rotational lock with the earth.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
My question is why would someone photoshop a picture that has a guy in the exact same space suit? Why bother if you where going to photshop it as a hoax you would want to put some lizard etc like looking creature in there.

I just think it is the other astronaut.

To all the people on this thread being trying to be smart and condescending about John's atmosphere theory, go check out the other threads read up on it and then make your comments, at the moment you quite frankly sound rude and narrow minded.

[edit on 5/2/07 by tkmelb]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
even the tabs just below the visors are identical, obviously light has a big part ti play in how the helmets might look different, Im no expert but they look the same to me including the camera mounted on chest and its obvious that shadows are cast thats why it may appear different. As for the 'neighbor' height issue I think he is just standing further back thats why he appears to be much shorter than he actually is

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by i_want_to_believe
What does everyone else think about this, or has anyone else ever seen these?

Hi I_want_to_believe,

I responded to basically the same question in another thread here on ATS a few days ago at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

In short, each of the relevant images and claims have been addressed at very considerable length by various individuals in a long discussion on another forum (space.com) a couple of years ago.

See:
The previous discussion here

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
We never went to the moon in the first place.

..I don't get all this bickering about astronauts on the moon spotting aliens?

let's get our conspiracy theories at least consistent people!!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I admitted on the previous page that I thought that the pictures were fake, I do believe we have been to the moon many times, & NO I do not think that the 1st time was in 1969. I also believe that there are & have been for centuries alien colonies on the moon. I also believe that astronauts have seen UFO's & ET's on the moon:

According to a former NASA employee Otto Binder, unnamed radio hams with their own VHF receiving facilities that bypassed NASA's broadcasting outlets picked up the following exchange:

NASA: What's there? Mission Control calling Apollo 11...

Apollo: These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous! OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there, lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon watching us!

In 1979, Maurice Chatelain, former chief of NASA Communications Systems confirmed that Armstrong had indeed reported seeing two UFOs on the rim of a crater. "The encounter was common knowledge in NASA," he revealed, "but nobody has talked about it until now."

Maurice Chatelain also confirmed that Apollo 11's radio transmissions were interrupted on several occasions in order to hide the news from the public. Before dismissing Chatelain's sensational claims, it is worth noting his impressive background in the aerospace industry and space program. His first job after moving from France was as an electronics engineer with Convair, specializing in telecommunications, telemetry, and radar. In 1959 he was in charge of an electromagnetic research group, developing new radar and telecommunications systems for Ryan. One of his eleven patents was an automatic flights to the Moon. Later, at North American Aviation, Chatelain was offered the job of designing and building the Apollo communications and data-processing systems.

Chatelain claims that "all Apollo and Gemini flights were followed, both at a distance and sometimes also quite closely, by space vehicles of extraterrestrial origin-flying saucers, or UFOs, if you want to call them by that name. Every time it occurred, the astronauts informed Mission Control, who then ordered absolute silence." He goes on to say:

"I think that Walter Schirra aboard Mercury 8 was the first of the astronauts to use the code name 'Santa Claus' to indicate the presence of flying saucers next to space capsules. However, his announcements were barely noticed by the general public.

It was a little different when James Lovell on board the Apollo 8 command module came out from behind the moon and said for everybody to hear:

'PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS.'

Even though this happened on Christmas Day 1968, many people sensed a hidden meaning in those words."

Neil Armstrong as well was reported many times as saying that they had encountered UFO's, but that NASA swore them to secrecy.

A certain professor, who wished to remain anonymous, was engaged in a discussion with Neil Armstrong during a NASA symposium.

Professor: What REALLY happened out there with Apollo 11?

Armstrong: It was incredible, of course we had always known there was a possibility, the fact is, we were warned off! (by the Aliens). There was never any question then of a space station or a moon city.

Professor: How do you mean "warned off"?

Armstrong: I can't go into details, except to say that their ships were far superior to ours both in size and technology - Boy, were they big!... and menacing! No, there is no question of a space station.

Professor: But NASA had other missions after Apollo 11?

Armstrong: Naturally-NASA was committed at that time, and couldn't risk panic on Earth. But it really was a quick scoop and back again.

Armstrong confirmed that the story was true but refused to go into further detail, beyond admitting that the CIA was behind the cover-up.

Hasn't anyone else heard of intervies w/astronauts about UFO's????

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by i_want_to_believe
Hasn't anyone else heard of intervies w/astronauts about UFO's????

Both of these stories have been circulating for about 36 or 37 years.

As I've mentioned before all Apollo astronauts have probably been threatened with death or worse if they were tell what was really on the moon. So they are not talking much.

Several Apollo astronauts have given us clear hints, like Neil Armstrong in his 25th Apollo Landing Anniversary speech at the White House and Alan Bean with his hillariously big yellow suns in his paintings of the moon.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There is way too much proof that something was watching our astronauts to ignore it.

The Veil of secretcy that the Apollo astronauts live under further proves it to me.

niv

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

and Alan Bean with his hillariously big yellow suns in his paintings of the moon.

I was curious about your mention of Bean's painting because I can see why someone threatened with silence would keep silent. What struck me as odd is why someone threatened with silence would then go on to make the lie the subject of his art. But then I saw that he sells 18"x24" originals for almost $70,000. I'd paint any lie anyone wanted for that much cash!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Alan Bean with his hillariously big yellow suns in his paintings of the moon.

I've been through Bean's gallery and haven't seen any 'hillariously (sic) big yellow suns'.....can you provide an example or two?

I see some different applications of light and color, but nothing that quite fits that description.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

I've been through Bean's gallery and haven't seen any 'hilariously (sic) big yellow suns'.....can you provide an example or two?

Sunrise Over Antares. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join