It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Pandemic Business Check List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Pandemic Business Check List

Ya'll should take a look at this LAME checklist the government has put out for business' in case of Flu Pandemic.

Basically it boils down to ....

- Teach employees how to sneeze and cough correctly.
- Try not to let them panic.
- Listen to the governement.

Who are they kidding? If there is a pandemic is anyone going to go into an office building while people are in major death mode all around them? Who is going to venture outside their homes while this is in full tilt?

I thought it was lame but ya'll can take a look and see what you think.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hmmm. I wonder if they are gun shy after all those predictions of doom and gloom with Y2K?

AT any rate, handwashing and NOT comming to work when sick would go a long way to preventing spreads of all diseases in the office place.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That list is all well and good as long as you believe that people are going to work at all.

Things could quite possibly just crumble and the the nation come to a standstill then were all screwed.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Hmmm. I wonder if they are gun shy after all those predictions of doom and gloom with Y2K?

AT any rate, handwashing and NOT comming to work when sick would go a long way to preventing spreads of all diseases in the office place.

Just if people would use logic more often. I can't remember how many times I've passed by someone's office, hearing them endlessly cough and saying to myself "I know I'm going to be sick in a couple days.." and prophetically I'm feeling like total crap for the following week. With the migratory patterns of birds and the highly contagious nature of H5N1, thousands, if not millions, will be infected before the first person dies just because of lower than acceptable health standards.

Public health standards can make or break the fight against pandemics, as shown with cities simply cleaning their streets during the Black Death.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Who are they kidding? If there is a pandemic is anyone going to go into an office building while people are in major death mode all around them? Who is going to venture outside their homes while this is in full tilt?

Most people live paycheck to paycheck - hand-to-mouth.

Many do not get paid unless they work, and many don't have credit cards.

They will be forced to work by circumstance, just to eat and buy medicine.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluesquareapple
I can't remember how many times I've passed by someone's office, hearing them endlessly cough and saying to myself "I know I'm going to be sick in a couple days.."

Oh man .. I hear ya'. When I was 'in the work force' it happened all the time. I still get stuck sitting in front of someone sniffing and snorting at church. (stay the heck home!!) The kids at my daughters swim team come in declaring 'I have strep throat but I took a pill a few hours ago so I can swim now' .... Freak'n idiot parents!!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If there is a pandemic is anyone going to go into an office building while people are in major death mode all around them? Who is going to venture outside their homes while this is in full tilt?

Many do not get paid unless they work,...They will be forced to work by circumstance, just to eat and buy medicine.

The point I was trying to make was that no one will be outside. It won't matter if they have a job washing dishes at Howard Johnson's because no one will be going out to eat. No one will be in the offices. No one will be shopping so the stores will close.

Hourly, waged, salary .. it doesn't matter. Everything will be shut down because people will be too afraid to go out and partake of the stores, restaruants, offices, etc etc. Either they will be too afraid, or they will be too sick.

That was what I was trying to say.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Collodial Silver.....in glass bottles, not plastic.

It really does work, for most things.

Why have we lost the knowledge this valuable resource (no $ for drug companies)? It will work on all sickness causing viruses.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I was at the check out in the supermarket and the cashier had a nasty cold. I had to sign something and I asked if there was a pen I could use - that she hadn't touched.

I just didn't want to get her cold, but she was just SO offended.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I am usually one of the first to get sick with flue, when it comes along. After having a stroke in 2005, I figured that I needed an edge. The search led me to collodial silver. I have not been sick since, even though during Christmas my entire family had the flue...except for me.

I was checking precious metals and found silver is going up in value. That is because bandaid manufacturers are putting silver in their products. It kills viruses, infections and germs.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The point I was trying to make was that no one will be outside. It won't matter if they have a job washing dishes at Howard Johnson's because no one will be going out to eat. No one will be in the offices. No one will be shopping so the stores will close.

i
Hourly, waged, salary .. it doesn't matter. Everything will be shut down because people will be too afraid to go out and partake of the stores, restaruants, offices, etc etc. Either they will be too afraid, or they will be too sick.

That was what I was trying to say.

I agree w/u. If people prepare late, there will be some total looting going on.Its best to do all of your shopping now=] No fearmongering but if you feel that way, i guess that works too. Hoarding hmm, that's a hard call. people in my town are fighting over water and toiletries already. I walked down the aisle and they were saying they needed it for their bird flu kit. Hmmm... they must know something.....Anyway, let's all prepare now because it may be time and the govt is hiding it from us like it hides everything else.
Caringly yours,
Hachi

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
i'll just telecommute if I need to.... then again. i may get infected from my apartment building from the ventilation system.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
hmmm...that is possible.Living in Projects and apartments is an easy way to get sick fast. If i was you, i would walk around w/ a saftey mask on like the ppl in Japan do when they r sick^_^v It helps=]
-Caringly Yours,
Hachi

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
My place of employment, if you do not find someone to cover your shift, you better be unconscious in hospital. They will fire you simply for not coming in, regardless of whether or not you call.

Doncha love corporations?

Obviously this is not their published policy, which is much prettier sounding..

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
hmmm.. that is totally messed up. I think that in that case, i rather lose my job than my health

top topics

join