It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My trip to Montauk (Camp Hero)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hi everyone, this will be my first post on ATS. I've been a lurker for the passed two years or so and I'm now ready to start sharing my thoughts and experiences.

Recently I took a trip out to Montauk Point to get some photos of the old air force base, Camp Hero. I'm very into urban exploring and Camp Hero is one of my favorite places on Long Island to explore, especially in the DEAD of winter when no one is around to bother you. I have read every Montauk book and dozens of websites about the Montauk Project. I believe the truth lies somewhere in between the writing of conspiracy theorists and the debunkers. I have witnessed too many oddities on the base in the past to believe that nothing has happened there.

On a cold and boring winter night I decided it would be the perfect time to take the hour long drive out to Montauk and do some exploring. I loaded up my digital camera, some winter gear and my mag lite and took off. I hadn't been to Camp Hero since the summer and wanted to see what sort of changes had taken place since then. Camp Hero is pretty desolate and ominous during the summer, so it must be even more so during the winter. A perfect scenario for some photography.

So what did I see? Nothing too out of the ordinary, although I felt some of the most unsettling and unnerving feelings of my entire life while walking around in the dark by myself. The base is very desolate and dark - incredibly creepy and your mind will play tricks on you if you let it. I was pretty disappointed not to see any grey aliens or reptillains. I experienced no time lapses, no metal objects placed in my head.. not that I currently know of.

Here are some photos from my short trip.

The Concrete Cottage from a distance:
img.photobucket.com...

The Concrete Cottage up close:
img.photobucket.com...

Behind the Concrete Cottage:
img.photobucket.com...

The Barracks:
img.photobucket.com...

Remnants of the "Pink Building"
img.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
did you go out there alone. although i will never go to america, i wish i could have gone to montauk. i to have read all the books, and just to get the feel of the place, would have given me alot of pleasure.

was there any security, and could you get to that circle of grass that is supposed to be come energy cross point.

i always wanted to hear more on this place, but it seems preston and duncan do not talk anymore, and al is sick. did you talk to any of the locals or are you from the area yourself, and do you have any tales to tell. what do the locals think of the books and stories that have come out.

i always thought a board like this, must have at least someone from that area, that can look into the base for us, and do some sort of study on it, with locals etc...

[edit on 2/4/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
did you go out there alone. although i will never go to america, i wish i could have gone to montauk. i to have read all the books, and just to get the feel of the place, would have given me alot of pleasure.

was there any security, and could you get to that circle of grass that is supposed to be come energy cross point.

i always wanted to hear more on this place, but it seems preston and duncan do not talk anymore, and al is sick. did you talk to any of the locals or are you from the area yourself, and do you have any tales to tell. what do the locals think of the books and stories that have come out.

i always thought a board like this, must have at least someone from that area, that can look into the base for us, and do some sort of study on it, with locals etc...

[edit on 2/4/2007 by andy1033]

This time I went alone to see if anything unique would happen. Every other time I've gone out to Montauk was with at least one other person. There was no security at the guard booth (It was actually boarded up for the winter and I drove right passed) but there was what appeared to be a park ranger at the "police quarters" maintenance area. I thought that was quite irregular that someone was working there that late (around 2AM). Another oddity I noticed was that the police building that the ranger was working in has a basement. God only knows what is down there, possibly an entrance to the infamous underground facility.

I did drive by the "Planetary Circle" spot, the supposed planetary crosspoint.. from what I remember it's just a patch of grass with a tree, I didn't see any stargates there.

I wouldn't really consider myself a Montauk local since I live a whole hour away on the north shore of Long Island, but I guess I'm as much of a local as Duncan or Preston.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Man, you must be friggin out of your mind to go out there in the middle of the night, ALONE!
I´d like to go there myself and stroll about for a day. Preferrably at daytime in the spring.

The dark, as you say, can play evil tricks on your mind, and having as the both of you, read pretty much everything on the subject, I´d probably faint from hearing any "weird" noise...
In the end I´m not exactly sure what to believe about what really happened there, but it most probably wasn´t pretty!

Anyways check out this fellows homepage (if you havent already), he has made 5 expiditions out there, and theres hundreds (or so) of cool photos. The guy who did this is a respected member of this forum as well.
William One Sac Montauk Camp Hero expidition

Sample pic, the radar:
www.subversiveelement.com...

Its too bad there´s very few of the old "Montauk boys" still giving out info. However, having taken the flack they have, its understandable I guess.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SdiRailgun
Man, you must be friggin out of your mind to go out there in the middle of the night, ALONE!
I´d like to go there myself and stroll about for a day. Preferrably at daytime in the spring.

The dark, as you say, can play evil tricks on your mind, and having as the both of you, read pretty much everything on the subject, I´d probably faint from hearing any "weird" noise...
In the end I´m not exactly sure what to believe about what really happened there, but it most probably wasn´t pretty!

Anyways check out this fellows homepage (if you havent already), he has made 5 expiditions out there, and theres hundreds (or so) of cool photos. The guy who did this is a respected member of this forum as well.
William One Sac Montauk Camp Hero expidition

Sample pic, the radar:
www.subversiveelement.com...

Its too bad there´s very few of the old "Montauk boys" still giving out info. However, having taken the flack they have, its understandable I guess.

William One Sac's site was one of my main inspirations for ever visiting Camp Hero. I have also heard many local rumors of military police still patrolling the base randomly.. protecting what, I don't have any idea. There has been much speculation that Camp Hero is a large toxic waste dump site and the security force was used to keep people away from hazardous materials still lying in the bunkers.

The eerie vibes flow fluently when walking around there - day or night. I have many more photos that I've taken there during the day/night last summer. Here's some more:

Preston's Weld Marks:
img.photobucket.com...

Some Rather New Looking Wire Outside of the Radar Tower:
img.photobucket.com...

The Radar Tower at Sunrise:
img.photobucket.com...

The Concrete Cottage at Sunrise:
img.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
[edit on 5-2-2007 by destillat]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yay for another Urban Explorer!

destillat, the photos are wonderful! Were you able to get any photos of the inside of the concrete cottage, or does it look unable to get into?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have a lot of photos of inside the buildings.. not sure if it's such a good idea to be posting too many of those..

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
hi there,

love the pics, any chance you can post more please ??

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
did you try to talk to anyone at all in the town.

yep please post any more pics you have, as many are probably interested in this. the pics of this place always give me a weird vibe, maybe it is the power of suggestion, that something went on there, but they do seem to be weird, for me anyways. i am glad someone stated that the area has a weird feeling to it.

did you get into the barracks where they supposedly kept all the so called people to experiment on. i remember duncan went into there and he burst out crying. also do you have any pictures of that place where there were all funny painted rooms, and stair rail that was only a height for kids.

i just wish we could find ut more of what they did, and are they still sending out signals. but hey people speculate that harrp was a result of montauk, so we never know what they are now doing with harrp. maybe it was just the right time in our history that these experiments took place and something like harrp came out of it. seeing as harrp is top secret we will never know either.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Here's some more photos:

Inside the Radar Dish, Philadelphia coincidentally written on one of the parts:
img.photobucket.com...

Flooded Elevator Shaft in the Radar Tower:
img.photobucket.com...

Lower Level of the Radar Tower:
img.photobucket.com...

The Amplitron?
img.photobucket.com...

Some Radar Equipment:
img.photobucket.com...

Hazard:
img.photobucket.com...

Radar Tower:
img.photobucket.com...

Planetary Circle:
img.photobucket.com...

Inside of the Barracks (Notice the paint job):
img.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Contributions like this make it all worthwhile visiting ATS

I'll have to brush up on my montauk history, I tuned out somewhere during one of al's blurbs.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thanks for posting those pics Destellat

While not about Montauk directly I wanted your guys opinion on this movieclip I extracted from a series of interviews with Al Bielek. I remember I searched through the internet for several hours a couple of years ago trying to find an online version of this photograph.

if the embedded version doesnt work, heres a link

So what you think, is there a papertrail of this photo?

[edit on 7-2-2007 by SdiRailgun]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Great stuff destillat. I would also like to see any more pics you have. But also, I would like to hear what else you have experienced there as you hinted at in your OP.

I have witnessed too many oddities on the base in the past to believe that nothing has happened there.

KUTGW

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SdiRailgun
Thanks for posting those pics Destellat

While not about Montauk directly I wanted your guys opinion on this movieclip I extracted from a series of interviews with Al Bielek. I remember I searched through the internet for several hours a couple of years ago trying to find an online version of this photograph.

width="425" height="350"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/S3ON9iLF-Aw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350">

if the embedded version doesnt work, heres a link

So what you think, is there a papertrail of this photo?

[edit on 7-2-2007 by SdiRailgun]

I've seen this video before as well and I've wondered about that photo for many years. Does anyone know the story with this?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You speak of the unsettling feeling walking around Camp Hero. I have visited the base several times, the first being in 1975, and the last about 18 months ago. Your correct about an errie feeling. What I noticed is the area is devoid of animals and birds. Did you know how quiet it is?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by photoman
You speak of the unsettling feeling walking around Camp Hero. I have visited the base several times, the first being in 1975, and the last about 18 months ago. Your correct about an errie feeling. What I noticed is the area is devoid of animals and birds. Did you know how quiet it is?

That's interesting about the lack of birds around camp hero. I've seen many seagulls near the beach, but haven't seen and birds more inland.. One strange thing I noticed was the abundance of deer in and around camp hero and their odd behavior. They seem to wait until you are within arms reach to run away. I found that to be one of my most unsettling experiences during my first visit to Camp Hero in September of 2005.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by photoman

when you went in 1975, were there loads of guards there, as people have stated this.

also i saw a program called real men in black where preston nichols said that the base was still transmitting frequencies out, he was measuring it or something in some sort of big van.

i wonder does preston still do this.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i think a lot pf the preston/bielek stuff is bs, just outlandish claims, but I do believe something out of the ordinary happened there; probably some of the MKULTRA stuff, and other human experimentation we are never told of, but none of that time portal/reptilian junk.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben94gt
i think a lot pf the preston/bielek stuff is bs, just outlandish claims, but I do believe something out of the ordinary happened there; probably some of the MKULTRA stuff, and other human experimentation we are never told of, but none of that time portal/reptilian junk.

Offcourse you could be correct.
However, I believe that they believe they are telling the truth. And this would mean, at least in my book, that ALL of these people claiming involvement in these really weird projects are part of a disinformation campaign. Such an campaign would need huge resources when you think about it. They really need to brainwash these people so bad they really believe it.

So what is it they are really hiding? MK-ultra? They could hide that prgram just with the MK-ultra program itself. IMO, its deeper than that. perhaps we will never get really close to the truth.

"see you in Montauk"
if anyone hasnt, watch that movie with Jim Carrey "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind ". A bit slow, but interesting.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join