It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas governor orders cervical cancer vaccine for schoolgirls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I find this to be out of order.
I dont believe the state,government,or school should have any right to make these shots "required".If it could possibly harm the child,the "CHOICE" should be left up to the parents,period.
Hey why stop here?Its not like they would go as far as to someday,make it mandatory to take a chip or something.

(MSNBC)-AUSTIN, Texas - Some conservatives and parents’ rights groups worry that requiring girls to get vaccinated against the sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer would condone premarital sex and interfere with the way they raise their children.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

By using an executive order that bypassed the Legislature, Republican Gov. Rick Perry — himself a conservative — on Friday avoided such opposition, making Texas the first state to mandate that schoolgirls get vaccinated against the virus.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Beginning in September 2008, girls entering the sixth grade will have to receive Gardasil, Merck & Co.’s new vaccine against strains of the human papillomavirus, or HPV.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Perry also directed state health authorities to make the vaccine available free to girls 9 to 18 who are uninsured or whose insurance does not cover vaccines. In addition, he ordered that Medicaid offer Gardasil to women ages 19 to 21.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yes, I have already been actively participating in another thread on this topic, you check out what others are saying here

Thread

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wasn't aware of a thread already going,thanks for the heads up.

Mods can feel free to lock.

new topics

join