It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago UFO Submitted to ATS via Contact Form.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgainstSecrecy
agreed, we have to wait and see what comes out. but i'll keep the enfs.com pic in mind...you never know.

Like I stated previously here, the shadows on the buildings are on the wrong side in that one, if it's the one I am thinking that you are talking about.

Look at the white building to the right of the John Hancock bldg..

[edit on 2/4/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
[
Like I stated previously here, the shadows on the buildings are on the wrong side in that one, if it's the one I am thinking that you are talking about.

Look at the white building to the right of the John Hancock bldg..

[edit on 2/4/2007 by Mechanic 32]

Hm...yes, I see what you mean. But here's a question from someone without photoshop: Can you manipulate shadows with photoshop?

If not, then i say it _could_ be real (according to the sunplus corp. code in the pic...)

[edit on 4-2-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgainstSecrecy
Hm...yes, I see what you mean. But here's a question from someone without photoshop: Can you manipulate shadows with photoshop?

For someone skilled with it, sure. But would be too much trouble, imo. You would have to take into account all the little details in the picture. Look how many distinctly different buildings are there, for instance. So shadow manipulation of the photo is possible, but unlikely.

2 cents.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Chicago UFO Submitted to ATS via Contact Form.

very interesting phone camera image. there are two obvious boats int he photo, and the upper right 'object' is definitely not a boat. and i can also see upper left shape. (smaller)

must have been an interesting visual from the taker as their eye's visual contact was a lot more clear than the camera phone could ever catch. worthy in my opinion.

[edit on 12-05-2006 by zooplancton]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Maybe the title of the thread should be changed... i entered so fast because i believed that this was a new O´hare ufo pic...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am by no means good with photoshop, but I cropped it, did the sharpen, enlarge, contrast thingies and this is what it looks like when you do that.

i8.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think the grey disc in the upper right looks very similar to the O'Hare UFO. I also looked at multiple image codes in different programs for this image and I can't trace any modifications at all. I believe this picture to be an authentic picture a UFO.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think it's the Bears' Super Bowl hopes sinking into Lake Michigan...

ORB

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Looks to me after close examination to exhibit definite blimp like features, a white nose and two tail fins aft, heading to the left. It appears smaller than your typical blimp though.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I Opened the image with GIMP, and looked in the comments. "Sunplus Corp." is the only text. Anyone know who they are?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

The image is heavily compressed - it's 1248 by 960 pixels, but only takes up 64 KB of space.

The object of interest is about 20 pixels by 8 pixels. From my experiments with photographs of aircraft, this is on the hairy edge of identifiability, especially with this kind of atmospheric haze. There are 4-5 pixels that suggest a blimp-like shape.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
I Opened the image with GIMP, and looked in the comments. "Sunplus Corp." is the only text. Anyone know who they are?

I've noticed that , too.

A google search only seems to turn up other pics, or unrelated data... related to Integrated Circuits...

stilll looking...

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This is what my search came up with that might be pertinant...

w3.sunplusmm.com...

A company called Sunplus does indeed have Cell Phones....

If that is true, it is remarkable resolution for a Cellphone camera.

Or at least they supply the electronics...

w3.sunplusmm.com...

So it would appear that the "Sunplus" in the exif data is valid...

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Can anyone find a clear pic of the same general area with out the fog?

It would be nice to see that pic because you could see how far out the horizion is.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
We didn't realize this picture was 6 years old until about 2 minutes before I typed that comment in my post on page 2 (I think).

S.O. was assuming (as I was until I noticed the submitter had not said when he took/got the image), based on the email the person sent that it was right after/before O'Hare. Now the interesting bit it it's does resemble what was described by the witnesses.

Also this is NOT the new member "boombabyboom's" image. This image is from a completly different person.

It's hard to keep all this straight, we are getting dozens of images submitted to us every day. Most are pretty blatant
and bad but this one is interesting if nothing else.

Hope that clears things up.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

We didn't realize this picture was 6 years old until about 2 minutes before I typed that comment in my post on page 2 (I think).

S.O. was assuming (as I was until I noticed the submitter had not said when he took/got the image), based on the email the person sent that it was right after/before O'Hare. Now the interesting bit it it's does resemble what was described by the witnesses.

Thanks for the clarification what had me confused was when SO stated

There has been minimal information from the source other than it was within days of the O'Hare sighting...

when in fact as you are now saying tha was not the case and it is 6 years old. Go9 figure????

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
With a little research, if we can find out what was under construction, we would be able to figure out a time frame for when this picture was taken.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This photo seems to have been taken from the same location and the horizon is very close to where the supposed ufo is pictured.

If the poster has already lied about the age of the photo, it's a safe bet this is just an oil tanker or cargo ship on the horizon.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I've posted a little write up of this shot on my ATS CM board, incidentally where I'll be posting quite a bit of visual analysis data from here on out:
Click here for the JRitzmann's ATS CM board

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Great picture "mythatsabigprobe". You can clearly see that the horizon goes way back, add fog and a boat twards the edge of the horizon and their you go it would look as if it was flying because in the first pic with the "fog" it hides the fact that it is in water!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join