It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago UFO Submitted to ATS via Contact Form.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Landis

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan...This pic is apparently taken from the Sears Tower. The black tower is called the John Hancock Center from what I can gather...

The black tower with the two antennae is the Sears Tower.

Off topic - You'll have to help me out here. Wikipedia has the same image I posted labelled as -

"900 North Michigan, Park Tower, the John Hancock Center, and Water Tower Place (L-R) as seen from the Sears Tower observation deck"

Is this incorrect?

[edit on 4-2-2007 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Perhaps this image will help:

www.enfs.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The black building in the photograph is the John Hancock building. This is taken from within the Sears Tower as it's the only building in the city taller than the John Hancock building. Both of these building have 2 towers on the top.

The John Hancock Center is about 2 miles N/NE of The Sears tower, Therefore in the image whatever the anomoly on the upper right is, its North or slightly Northeast of the hancock building. Even if this wasnt taken from the sears tower the only direction that there wont be the lake in the background is West, which is the direction Ohare is. O'Hare is a good 20 miles away from downtown chicago.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by BluByWho]

[edit on 4-2-2007 by BluByWho]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It appears to be a boat out on lake Michigan

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Its definitely not over Chicago O'Hare Airport, which would be to the northwest of the Sears tower. This image is clearly facing more to the east.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Does anyone else see another 'object' directly above what I take to be the "900 North Michigan Building" and in line with 'the disc'?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Perhaps this image will help:

www.enfs.com...

Good find. It appears to be at the same angle, and gives a better view of the horizons perspective, in relation to the "ufo"

I would also have to say "boat". On second thought, it does appear to be over the horizon... This is a scaled down version of the original pic, for comparison

[edit on 2/4/2007 by Mechanic 32]

[edit on 2/4/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yes I see it too Khieu, dunno what it is, but it certainly seems to be at the same "altitude."

This is certainly turning out to be an interesting picture, wouldn't you agree Khieu???

Peace/out,...Ausable_Bill

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Does anyone else see another 'object' directly above what I take to be the "900 North Michigan Building" and in line with 'the disc'?

Are you referring to this?

I caught it zooming in with a Firefox plugin, and it looks weird to me...

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Drexon]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just a real quick overlay, and some minor adjustments. Clearly its in the air.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hi There,

My honest opinion is that it is a blimp being towed by the boat causing the small wake. The blimp itself is above the sea horizon that curves underneath it, so it is not a boat itself.

best wishes

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If you can see the lake O'Hare is a good 20 miles in the direction your not looking, anything that appears in this picture is NOT the direction of the Airport. Not even remotely.

Heres a quick map

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Mechanic 32, using the antennas on the JHC as a reference point for the horizon, if these two images were shot from the exact same height, the 'disc' is indeed slightly above the horizon.

Granted, I still don't know what it might be if it is above the horizon. It may simply be an airplane that the camera was not sensitive enough to resolve. Or it could in fact be a UFO. Who knows?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
[edit on 4-2-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Mechanic 32, using the antennas on the JHC as a reference point for the horizon, if these two images were shot from the exact same height, the 'disc' is indeed slightly above the horizon.

Oh yes. I already edited my last post. You are correct.

I'm still looking at the pic.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The submitter said this shot was taken from the Sears Tower.
6 YEARS AGO! This is getting stranger and stranger... I have forwarded the image (the Original file) to our Experts I await their "first blush" review.

I'll keep this thread updated as I get more.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Disregard all my Chicago maps in relation to O'Hare. 6 Yrs ago and it's just coming out now, makes me wonder WHY?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've adjusted the "levels" here, and it appears it could be a picture of a picture.

And the flash is reflecting in the upper center?

Of course, I could be wrong, too.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hi There,

It's too flat to be a blimp and one will see that clearly even on casual analysis in an editor.

Not at all. The object is not flat, but rounded and curved with tail fins at the right extremity. Below it, and to its right, on the sea surface is a small wake. This could be from a small speedboat by which the blimp is being towed?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So what's your opinion Palasheea? Is this a cgi, or intentionally manipulated image?

BTW, if that's a blimp being towed by a boat, that has got to be one helluva long piece of rope. lol

I personally would be interested to see additional information from the photos' originator, including the date and time of the sighting, direction of travel, length of the sighting, etc.

S.O. any luck getting any additional information from the OP of this pic?

Peace/out,... Ausable_Bill

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join