It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago UFO Submitted to ATS via Contact Form.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Reported "UFO" Over Downtown Chicago

This image was received today via our contact form. In the interest of supporting the reporting of UFO sightings and submitted pictures, we're posting this for member analysis. There has been minimal information from the source other than it was within days of the O'Hare sighting... we're attempting to get more detail and/or for the witness to come forward and elaborate.

Actual Full Size Photo Submitted

[edit to include link to image without cropped versions]

[edit on 3-2-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Am I meant to be looking at the white object in the centre, or the grey disc shaped object in the upper right area that I can only see when the picture is at full size?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I tried to submit a reply, but saw it was annonymous.

Look at the full sized picture.
The "UFO" is clearly located where water is, and off to the right, there is "another".
It's a boat.

Not a UFO, it's a boat, with a broken water trail behind it.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsMeSkippy
Not a UFO, it's a boat, with a broken water trail behind it.

On the right hand side of the pic, above the level of that black tower, there is an object which looks, to me anyways, like a grey disc. Is it above the horizon, or do i need glasses?

[edit on 4-2-2007 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Given the angle (a somewhat downward view of the city), I think this may actually be a boat on the waters of Lake Michigan. Its hard to be sure since the horizon cannot be determined.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Im going with the boat theory. You can see the difference in contrast between the sky and water, and this object is in the water.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I see what you are talking about KhieuSamphan, the grey disc shape is more interesting to me than the white anomaly that has been enhanced.

Seems to me the white anomaly could be a ground effect since it has land behind it.

Now, the grey disc appears to be much higher in elevation and appears to have only sky behind it.

It will definitely be interesting to see what a cgi expert can find by examining this in an imaging program.

Does anyone else see what Khieu, and I see????

Peace/out,.... Ausable_Bill

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry SkepticOverlord edited his post so we now only have onbe large picture to see.

i saw the grey 'disc' in the previous link, in this one i don't.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
At first glance, it looks just like the O'Hare UFO, but I agree with the previous posters. I think it's probably a boat.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Floh

It's still there.

Is there also another mystery object just above and to the left of the black tower? This one is smaller and darker, but seems to be at the same level as the 'disc'...or do I have a smudge?

[edit on 4-2-2007 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Enlarge the image using the expand button and it is in the right hand center .

What I am wondering if this photo is supposed to be the same one used in the original?

From what I can see the Sears tower appears to be near the center (camera angle facing to the NE) and the object is in the East yet Ohare is located to the West or is this supposed to be another image taken of the suspect UFO?

[edit on 2/4/2007 by shots]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I could accept that the white object in the rough center may be an oddly reflective watercraft. However, the object higher and to the right of that object is very difficult to reconcile in that way. It appears to nearly be above the horizon, and far out of scale to be a Great Lakes shipping vessel.

That's an extremely interesting photo.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by MrPenny]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I do see something that appears to be in the sky about 3/4 of the way to the right. It looks like it could be a blimp to me.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Enlarge the image using the expand button and it is in the right hand center .

You must be using a PC. i don'r have a facility, i don't think, to 'expand' the picture. thanks, though.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm not buying the boat explanation for one simple reason.

Once you zoom in a little, you can clearly see the far shoreline of a bay or harbor which you can follow directly under the grey disc.

The white anomalies look to be inland or behind the shore. (light line of sand)

The grey disc appears much higher which leads me to believe it is above the horizon.

My conclusion is that either this is a pic of something in the air or a cgi creation.

Those experienced in photo enhancement I'm sure will have something to add soon.

But a boat, I seriously doubt it.

Peace/out,... Ausable_Bill

link   
Ok, at first I could see an airplane in the sky, on the water it seem like a shining object but no clear enough to tell if is a reflection of light on perhaps a boat . . . but because I am not familiar with the area its hard to tell if that is part of the water or not.

Very nice view.

link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I do see something that appears to be in the sky about 3/4 of the way to the right. It looks like it could be a blimp to me.

That is it DJ right above the building on the right and while it does appear to be a blimp it looks like the original however as I noted if this is supposed to the original the direction of the camera would be facing east not west as the original was. That too me means someone took or could have taken this photo and done a photoshop to make it look like it was over Ohare.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This pic is apparently taken from the Sears Tower. The black tower is called the John Hancock Center from what I can gather -

Picture taken from here - John Hancock Center

The pictures look like they are taken from a similar vantage point. Although I can't be certain of the equivalence of the vantage points, the horizon on this picture makes me suspect that the 'disc' may well be above it on the picture sent in.

We await the image dissecters!

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm back. now i see what you're speaking of. i had thought the 'grey' to be the subject of the picture and there was supposed to be something above to the right of that. but i see people are remaking on the white (boat?) more central. good. i'm up to speed.

the grey it is.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I looked at it with a photo program. It hasn't been modified as far as I can tell.

Also, when I looked at my shots from the Sears Tower, which were taken in 2004 with a Canon A40, there are artifacts in the photos due to dirt, etc., on the window glass.

I almost had a heart attack when I first opened them a few minutes ago. I thought I had two UFO's in one of the shots.

[edit on 2/4/2007 by Landis]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join