It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost video...is this real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
not many ghost videos impress me, but this one did....

Go To Number 6 Video On This Page

if you get bored with the talking, you can cut to about half way through before the "ghost girl" actually gets in the car.

Knowing sod all about videos and how they can be edited, could someone say whether or not those effects are real.

Edit to add this: what is it that makes the girl in the front "jump", just before the crash?....did the "ghost" touch her?

Edit to add after watching it again....i think the girl sees something on the ghosts face instead

[edit on 4-2-2007 by geek101]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
judging from the lack of interest, i am now thinking maybe i was too gullible....perhaps everyone else who has watched it, saw it for a fake....or maybe this is just another case of me doing my infamous "sink a thread faster than the Titanic" act...lol

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It was interesting. Without knowing what the people are saying its hard to judge if it is staged or not. I don't know what the tiitles at the end of the film said either. Can anyone translate?

I thought video 4 was interesting as well. The rest seemed fake. The one with the car driving is funny.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
yea this was discussed here already and it was determined that this video was a hoax a briliantly well played out hoax.

Its well done and the first time I saw it it scared the bejebus out of me.

Heres a translated short version of this video

[edit on 4-2-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
damn....lol

it was a bloody good hoax though wasnt it?.....how was it determined to be so?

it scared me so much that i didnt dare watch the rest....although i did find the Singapore soldiers one pretty scary too.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One
I thought video 4 was interesting as well. The rest seemed fake. The one with the car driving is funny.

i just watched number 4 and thought it was fake....it seemed too odd to have a camera pointing at an empty room

Thanks for putting that translated version up

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ha,I think the part where the hitchhiker girl puts her hands on her face pretending to be crying or upset,that is the moment she puts fake blood on her face.
Or not,I just watched again and it must happen when the camera is looking out the front window as she points to her accident spot.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by mistr_b2]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That is an excellent independent film. Well thought out and the acting didn't seem unreal. Thanks for putting up the translation. Too bad the Blair Witch people didn't see this first and learn how to do it right!!!

You thought the Singapore one was real? OMG you can buy Halloween decorations that have that same phony laughed programmed into them.

Yeah it doesn't make sense that someone was filming an empty room. But the clip is so short, it could have been part of something else. I'm just saying it looked least fake.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Mr No One]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One
You thought the Singapore one was real? OMG you can buy Halloween decorations that have that same phony laughed programmed into them.

did i say i thought it was REAL?....i said it was scary.
Ok, i thought it was real....

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yea I remember it being discussed before. Thing that got me was the build up it seemed too mucha "scene setter".

I would like to meet the "ghost girl" though. She was quite fit

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
That girl was really pretty...

Anyway, it's wayyy too dramatic to be real. And why on earth would they have a camera with them in the car? And then insist to have it on to film the girl even though there really wasn't anything special about her. I wouldn't say it's a hoax because they're not trying to make you believe it's a real ghost. I'd say it's a mockumentary by some college kids following The Blair Witch Project.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I found it interesting that the girl's name is Teresa. Teresa meaning 'reaper' or 'harvester'. I wonder if that was on purpose or just a happy coincidence.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Please someone say how this was debunked. Being a filmmaker I would love to know who put this together.

Talk about a great opening for a horror flick. Car crashes. Roll opening credits. I like it!

AAC

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think two reasons this video doesn't convince me are:

1. The way the video flickers when the camera points to the "Dead Girl" (who by the way looks very good to be dead
) looks like special effects to me.

2. The "Dead Girl" looks like she is getting really scared or screaming when the camera points back at her after she reveals the place where she had the accident.

SPECULATION QUESTION FOR THE "DEAD GIRL"

If you are already dead and you know it, would you get scared like that when looking back at the guy with the camera?

It looks more like she is acting for the scene by the way she turns to the camera and appears to scream. That part doesn't convince me very much...

[edit on 2/4/2007 by mulder762002]

[edit on 2/4/2007 by mulder762002]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've seen this before, seems kinds staged, honestly. And I can never make out anything it goes too fast.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
A very good example of amateur film making - really well done!

What gave it away for me was the video effects. Real video - either digital or analogue doesn't look like that when malfunctioning.

Also the girl was really too hot to be a plausable ghost. Why did she scream? There's no reason for that.

Finally, if she was an earthbound spirit she probably wouldn't be aware that she was dead. So the line about 'this is where I died' is just too melodramatic.

None the less, good video!

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I thought the video was interesting and immediately unsettling for a number of obvious reasons. I would say it's a good very short film. I just think if it was possible to "catch" this kind of thing on a camera, we would have by now. If the paranormal is a reality, then we haven't yet learned how to accurately detect them.

I will say that the girl was gorgeous and did a good job. I thought the build up right before the crash was great. It makes sense to me that she might say something like "that's where i died," and then screamed, considering we really don't know anything about the afterlife. For all we know, the repetitive actions that cause sightings could be based out of a sort of obsessive need to carry out your final or most familiar actions... if you're re-enacting your death, perhaps the confusion clears the closer you get to the point of the death, then a realization at the moment so you can experience your death over and over again. I hope this makes sense.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
For all we know, the repetitive actions that cause sightings could be based out of a sort of obsessive need to carry out your final or most familiar actions... if you're re-enacting your death, perhaps the confusion clears the closer you get to the point of the death, then a realization at the moment so you can experience your death over and over again. I hope this makes sense.

Welcome to ATS The Cyfre!
Of course you could be right. My opinion differs to yours, but that's why we're here. You'll find all kinds of theories and disagreements here. That what makes ATS so great. It's a really good place for healthy debate as we all seek the truth.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
My take on the paranormal aspect was quite different than most other replies. The reason I believe it was real or done really well is because of the way the spirit reacted.

It seems she slowly comes back into consciousness as she is being questioned. Just a few second later the spirit is jolted back to her reality, which almost sneaks up on her as a surprise, when she realizes the answer to one of her questions was in fact her apparent death. The sudden reality of this recently self-evident truth could be why she has chosen to scream, because she is learning this as she becomes aware of it.

Which is trippy and scary and unfortunately plausible, although I don't think rightous people experience death in this way, which leads me to believe, its very well done.

AAC

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I thought the video was good, real or not. While on the site I couldn't help but to watch the rest. Has #4 been debunked? Call me naive, but I thought it was pretty good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join